Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 07:42 PM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
CKE has adopted a separate marketing strategy for Hardee's and Carl's Jr. Hardee's will be more down home, heartland theme and Carl's will be more urban. But both will still use the same Happy Star logo, although Hardee's has returned to their old orange logo in some of their advertising.

But I still think they should include 2 Carl's Jr flagship sandwiches at Hardee's, the Superstar Cheeseburger and the Big Carl, which would be the same as the Big Twin. Both of these double burgers feature special sauces and would compete with the Big Mac at McDonald's. Those 2 sandwiches should be featured at both brands. The Superstar has a red relish sauce and the Big Carl (Twin) has the 1000 Island sauce.

And now Carl's has adopted the Hardee's breakfast biscuits, but it is unlikely the Roy Rogers fried chicken is returning to Hardee's. I believe they will continue with the chicken strips.

And CKE has brought Car''s Jr. to the East Coast in New York and New Jersey, as it is believed to have more urban appeal than the Hardee's brand. I predict next Carl's Jr. may expand to Northern Virginia, Maryland, and DC where Hardee's previously failed after an unsuccessful Roy Rogers conversion. But get just a few miles down the road to Fredericksburg in Virginia, and Hardee's performs very well there.

Pretty astute observations there. I can't argue with any of it.

as for the Roy's recipe.. I keep hearing the chicken is coming back. I don't know if it will be the 'original' recipe or if they'll update it or just go a new direction.. If I were them, and were legally able.. I'd still use the Roy's recipe.. It was good and it did well.

Of course, if I were them.. I wouldn't bring the chicken back. Waste is way too high. If you don't have it ready, it takes 20 minutes to cook, if you do have it ready and noone orders, you're throwing it out. KFC reuses the unsold chicken in the pot pies.. Hardee's has no such option.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:57 PM

8 posts, read 10,617 times
But what about Pizza Factory.......???

Old 06-25-2018, 10:09 AM

17,596 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southmauldin View Post
But what about Pizza Factory.......???

I was by there about 2 to 3 weeks ago.. There's a sign and that's it. Doesn't look like finger one has been lifted as far as doing anything.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:33 AM

89 posts, read 74,273 times
As of yesterday, they have placed a dumpster by the door and workers were inside. You could see pizza boxes stacked up in the front windows.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:08 PM

272 posts, read 329,299 times
The old Moe's Place bar was razed, and they're clearing land/excavating about 5 acres at 3 Reid School Rd in Taylors SC (corner with Wade Hampton). It looks like it was recently purchased by Enigma Corporation. Is this indeed a new Spinx?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:25 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
The old Moe's Place bar was razed, and they're clearing land/excavating about 5 acres at 3 Reid School Rd in Taylors SC (corner with Wade Hampton). It looks like it was recently purchased by Enigma Corporation. Is this indeed a new Spinx?
Yes.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:22 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Anybody heard anything about another Five Below coming. Their website lists Seneca and Greer as opened but Greenville as coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I wonder if that is what is going in the old Office Depot at Greenridge. The stores in there match the stores they normally are located near. It seems like too big of a space though.
Five Below is coming soon to Greenridge in part of the old OfficeMax space. Coming soon sign is up.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:23 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,185,127 times
Quote:
Wondered the same thing when I drove by there today. Like there's really a need for ANOTHER gas station. It's so close to the 2 7-11 stations, and others.

Any idea what they are going to be putting on the land they are clearning up on 25 going towards Hendersonville off Beaver Dam Rd. Now, THAT area could definitely use a QT, there are no gas stations for a long stretch.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:53 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Wondered the same thing when I drove by there today. Like there's really a need for ANOTHER gas station. It's so close to the 2 7-11 stations, and others.
Spinx has not had a store in Taylors for several years. Although a new store would be busy, cash and credit prices may not beat 7-Eleven.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Any idea what they are going to be putting on the land they are clearning up on 25 going towards Hendersonville off Beaver Dam Rd. Now, THAT area could definitely use a QT, there are no gas stations for a long stretch.
Ingle's Markets owns property at the northeast quadrant of South Carolina Highway 11 and United States Route 25 in the Travelers Rest community for a new 72,000-square-foot Ingle's supermarket. Either Ingle's Gas Express or I-Market would be included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area