Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 01:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,609,157 times

Advertisements

Move on----
"Being a spectator while one is also a participant spoils one's performance"

Tenet 9 zen Buddhism

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-04-2014 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-04-2014, 02:06 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,344,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Sudcaro that is awesome news on Miranda congrats. Do you think she'll get to start some kind of school soon? I bet she'll love being around all those children without hospital gowns on.

It's impossible right now because, although she is almost 4, she is still not potty trained. That's the one thing cancer treatments have prevented her from succeeding at, unfortunately. I know it will come, probably sooner than later, but it's an obstacle for school and other activities she would have enjoyed.
She started kid's choir a couple of weeks ago and she just loves it! She calls it music school because aside from the singing, the choir leader also teaches them things about music, rhythm etc. I'm glad she is able to do something she likes! And boy, does she love music.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 AM

50,469 posts, read 64,328,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have a lot to think about and consider from my meeting with my new therapist. She may be a lot better then I gave her credit for. Every therapist is so different as is their approach. And of course this whole thing is new for me too--the grief thing. She is starting to dig into my life but in a good way--an interesting way. She is making me ask myself lots of questions about what I want...questions I have been asking for awhile now. At least I have someone to discuss it with now. It does hurt because I am so tired of being so easy and soft--hurt so easily. What happened to my self-confidence? My self worth.....Seems like it just vanished and I am not even sure when. Lots of work ahead for me it seems.
This post, and the one about hauling away the "stuff", makes me so, in a way, excited for you. You know the way hard work can leave us a bit sore, yet proud of our accomplishment? Like that. You rock.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:57 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,369,101 times
What a "cool" way to say it gentlearts! Never even thought of it that way--it helps so much--thanks!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:25 PM

A very down day today--So sad about others having problems....health etc...of course it's cold and cloudy with rain now and again which seems to add to the sadness. I'm trying to keep busy--busy--busy so I don't have time to think. Trouble is my body is tired now...I need to get a radio for some background sound maybe??

Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Sorry you're having a so-so day, my Cyn. The weather sure won't help. No rain here yet, but it's dark and yukky.
Big hugs

Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 PM

Thanks..love ya for thinking about me.....

Old 11-06-2014, 02:58 PM

Always.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:09 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,260,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
A very down day today--So sad about others having problems....health etc...of course it's cold and cloudy with rain now and again which seems to add to the sadness. I'm trying to keep busy--busy--busy so I don't have time to think. Trouble is my body is tired now...I need to get a radio for some background sound maybe??
Cyn, do you have Direct Tv? Does whatever system you do have, have a music channels part? When I need to calm down I turn my tv to channel 884 (Direct Tv that is) for calming background noise. It is very Zen music.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Honestly I am not even sure how to work the tv anymore with the remote and all the things just to watch even the news. I had my service cut back to the absolute necessity to keep the cost to a bare minimum. It will probably still allow me to hear music but I will just have to figure it out. We have Dish. So many times when my DH was still alive he'd want to watch something but his poor hands and fingers could not push the correct buttons so he'd get the remote and tv all messed up---and I'd get upset and tell him I knew how to fix it--with a hammer! Wish I could take that all back but I still feel the same way. When it gets messed up with me the very last thing I want to do is call and have one of "their" techs" try to tell me how to repair it. I do not repair tv's! So that is what I tell them--thank Goodness I have a young man that lives next door that is good with it so he always tries to help me out. I just want an off and on button with an arrow that goes up and down. Why is that so difficult??? Enough of that. Music would be good. Once again my friend and I discussed her coming out to stay for a trial visit and possible move but she wants to wait until after the holidays now---to much air traffic she says. I think she wants to be sure I have time to get my life in order too. Figure out who I am a bit more. Not sure that is ever going to happen but I can hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning