Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:08 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Because the majority of men say they love long hair, duh.
They don't have to wash it, dry it, and detangle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,649,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Because the majority of men say they love long hair, duh.
I'm going to agree with you on this one. At least that's what I have heard through the years.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
I think celebrities play a large role in fashion and beauty trends for women. Ask any one of those females who are wearing their hair long and straight, who they are emulating, and I bet she'll have an answer immediately - Angelina, Rachel Bilson, Anne Hathaway, Demi Moore, Kim Kardashian, etc.

celebrities with long straight hair - Google Search

Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
For me, longer hair is easier. As I get older, my hair is getting curlier. So longer hair means I can pull it up when I work and work out to stay cool (which it's never cool when it's short because my hair is thick).

When I shower and wash my hair, I put it up in one of those thirsty hair towels, and do the rest of my after shower stuff, take of the hair towel, run my fingers through my hair, put a little product on, bend down and blow dry for a couple of minutes and I'm good to go. I can shower, get made up and do my hair in about 15 minutes if I'm rushed. 20 and I'm dressed and out the door.

Short hair is a full blow dry or it goes flat, and often I need to use a curling iron. Add 15 minutes to my day...

Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They don't have to wash it, dry it, and detangle it.

Oh you tellin it like it is now!! hahahaha, Yes I have long hair.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
I just think women naturally like long hair. My 3 year old says to me the other day after I tell her that we should go to the salon for a hair cut - "Daddy, no. I dont want a hair cut. Im beautiful with my long hair. Im beautiful like Rapunzel in Tangled. Want my hair long like mommy's".

Here even a 3 year old prefers long hair.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:04 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
my wife was telling me last night something about her hair being long now and its heavy so she got something stronger to hold it when she does a poneytail. at least thats what i think she said, i wasnt really able to pay close attention to her talking about her hair.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 PM

511 posts, read 2,451,151 times
Sure Long straight hair looks nice on many young women but does EVERYONE in High School and College have to have it that way.?SOME women would look even better in a bob or pixie, or letting their naturally curly hair be curly. But the fashion gods for girls 14-30 years old say you have to have very long straight hair to be considered pretty. That is what I am against.

When I was young, the girls wore their hair in a variety of lengths and some looked better in short hair and some in long hair, some curly, some straight and lots of my girl Friends had a great time cutting their hair off just for a change. Now if a 18 year old girl cut her hair short they would call her a lesbian. Crazy!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
I like long hair it looks pretty. My hair used to be long, flowing and gorgeous but I had to cut it, I almost cried. It is almost shoulder length now trying to let it grow past the shoulders. I expect to reach my goal by next year or so.

I hate, hate short hair. I think it's ugly(some execptions) short to me is right around the ears and up. Short hair would just make my face look fatter.. Long hair provides a sleeker look.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Sure Long straight hair looks nice on many young women but does EVERYONE in High School and College have to have it that way.?SOME women would look even better in a bob or pixie, or letting their naturally curly hair be curly. But the fashion gods for girls 14-30 years old say you have to have very long straight hair to be considered pretty. That is what I am against.

When I was young, the girls wore their hair in a variety of lengths and some looked better in short hair and some in long hair, some curly, some straight and lots of my girl Friends had a great time cutting their hair off just for a change. Now if a 18 year old girl cut her hair short they would call her a lesbian. Crazy!
Pixies make women look a bit masculine in my opinion...and as for short hair, it would depend on how it was styled. If her hair was short and cut like a boys, then yes she would most likely be assumed to be a lesbian. But if she had her hair short but fixed in a feminine way, then no.

But quite a few of my female classmates had their hair cut in a bob and it looked nice.

Hair styles change every so many years. The 1940s and the 1950s saw more fixed up hairstyles that was quite stiff. Many females wore big clunky hair rollers every night. And back then, at least where I live, school girls were required to have their hair fixed up in some way. They couldn't just leave their hair straight down.

The 60s and 70s saw long straight hair similar to now. The 80s saw the return of big poofy hair. The 90s was a mixture of the two. The 2000s again saw the long straight hair seen in the 60s-70s. But it does seem like a few girls have been fixing their hair up more lately and making them curly.

When the pendulum swings one way, it usually swings back the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care