Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,054,779 times

Advertisements

B'nonkst'bulitz - You and your GF are beautiful and look like a fun couple, but that is a freaky photo - where's the handle to your pitchfork?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM

27 posts, read 62,691 times
Handle!? That probably would make cleaning stalls easier on my back.

...and thank you, we are as fun as environment and resources allow. I think I'm going to get her to join this forum.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:00 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,621 times
I personally think that longer hair is easier to maintain.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 PM

184 posts, read 703,167 times
i used to have long hair. it touched the tops of my thighs. then it was cut to my lower back, then my shoulderblades, then my collarbones. now, everything behind my ears is kept an inch or two long, and everything in front is kept between chin and collarbone length. i can't even begin to tell you how drastically the time and effort needed to care for and style my hair has dropped with each haircut, even though i do a lot more to it now than i did when it was long.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/39804_421744610758_501640758_5326053_7319032_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,325,103 times
^lmao

Old 10-19-2011, 10:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Longer hair is sexy. I have thought that for 30+ years. Styles come and go, and I am going to enjoy this style while it lasts.

What isn't sexy to me, however, is when people use those straight irons to flatten and straighten it. I think that looks stupid.
If I didn't use my straight iron, my hair would be one wavy and unruly mess!!!

My husband loooves long hair, anything above shoulder length is banned. Well, not really, but still. He is a long hair lover.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:20 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
i used to have long hair. it touched the tops of my thighs. then it was cut to my lower back, then my shoulderblades, then my collarbones. now, everything behind my ears is kept an inch or two long, and everything in front is kept between chin and collarbone length. i can't even begin to tell you how drastically the time and effort needed to care for and style my hair has dropped with each haircut, even though i do a lot more to it now than i did when it was long.
Not only that I like your hair cut, I love your style too, at least on this photo.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:17 PM

184 posts, read 703,167 times
thanks. i've been cutting my own hair for about six years, dying it myself for eight. also, that belt is my absolute favorite accessory ever.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
I'm growing out my hair, it's about halfway down my back now. I like my hair longer, it just suits me better. It's very thick and I have to put a little effort in no matter what...but in the end I love my long hair. I had a pixie cut a few years back that was cute (but probably a no-no with my round face), and it was easy to maintain but how horrible it was growing out. I think hair that short looks good on very few women. To each her own though.

Where I live (upper Midwest), the current trend seems to be shoulder-length or just above. My hair isn't that long, and it's the longest of all my female coworkers (I'm talking like 40-50 other women, many in their early 20's). The only two other women who had long hair both recently cut it off above their shoulders.

These women you're all seeing who're suddenly sporting super, super sexy long hair...take a better look. Most of it is fake. Extensions are very popular right now. Many extensions now require nothing more than to be clipped onto the scalp. If she has some money (like a lot of those LA types), she can afford good quality extensions and a stylist to match the color and blend them well with her natural hair.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:52 AM

511 posts, read 2,451,833 times
Default Short Hair not an option for most girls due to peer pressure

From the original poster:

I am amused by the large number of posts from women who tell everyone how much they like long hair and how great it looks on them. That is great, but that is not what I was talking about.

Sure long hair looks nice and is pretty on many if not most women, especially young women with very thick hair. But the point I was making is the fashion gods have stated that EVERY Woman has to have long hair. Lots of women in the office I work in say they would love to cut their hair into a pixie cut and they had one in the past and it looked great but it is out of fashion. One woman I know got her hair cut into a pixie and now everyone is asking her if she is a lesbian. Now she is desperately growing her hair out so stop the harassment!

Why can't all styles be popular and the woman who want shorter hair get it cut and the long hair lovers can go with the longer style?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care