Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
I just get irritated with the sentiment- short hair=butch=lesbian=ugly.
It really is rather ridiculous. I let my hair grow out of the short, layered and very feminine cut I've been wearing for almost 20 years, in multiple variations, and the spouse didn't like it. He says I look better in short hair; it suits the shape of my face better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Pixie body? Troll/ogre body? Are you saying only thin women can sport the pixie but fat women can't? It's all about the face structure, not the body type.
It really is rather ridiculous, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
If a woman is chunky (i.e., not very feminine) and wears pants all the time and has a short hair cut, most people would probably wonder if she's gay.
Riiiiiiiiiight. You really do go in for stereotypes, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 10:35 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu[I
]
If a woman is chunky (i.e., not very feminine) and wears pants all the time
and has a short hair cut, most people would probably wonder if she's gay.[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGirl81
Riiiiiiiiiight. You really do go in for stereotypes, don't you?
Why did Miss Swan come to mind?

Miss Swan at a gay bar - YouTube

Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
We have a black girl at my job who is rocking a pixie hair cut. This girl looks like a combination of Rhianna and Haley Berry. She just has that wonderful facial structure and huge brown eyes. I can see lustful look in men's eyes when she passes by and I don't think any of them are complaining about her short hair.
When you got it, you got it and short hair will not change that. Also, this girl doesn't have a Haley Berry body, she is slightly on the overweight side, and yet she is hot.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:53 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
We have a black girl at my job who is rocking a pixie hair cut. This girl looks like a combination of Rhianna and Haley Berry. She just has that wonderful facial structure and huge brown eyes. I can see lustful look in men's eyes when she passes by and I don't think any of them are complaining about her short hair.
When you got it, you got it and short hair will not change that. Also, this girl doesn't have a Haley Berry body, she is slightly on the overweight side, and yet she is hot.
Exactly. Beautiful is beautiful.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:07 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,900,886 times
And I am left to wonder if the OP is also bothered by the fact that nearly every MAN these days has short hair. I mean, some men would look so much better with mid-length or long hair, right? So why do most cut it so short? Are they trying to look like all of the other men?

Old 10-22-2011, 09:18 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
And I am left to wonder if the OP is also bothered by the fact that nearly every MAN these days has short hair. I mean, some men would look so much better with mid-length or long hair, right? So why do most cut it so short? Are they trying to look like all of the other men?
I haven't noticed that in my region. I have seen more of a mix.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:47 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
I can't speak for all women, but I personally have no choice... my hair is VERY curly, thick, and "ethnic" (Jewish) in texture, so having it short just doesn't look good. My mother kept our hair short when we were young, since she's straight-haired and clueless about caring for curls - and I looked like Little Orphan Annie, since my hair also happens to be red. I'm not looking to rock the "Annie look" or Jew-fro ever again, so I choose to keep it long and non-layered.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:03 AM

511 posts, read 2,450,844 times
I saw this magazine at the store called Short Hair and looked through it and there were so many pretty girls who did not look like lesbians who had short or mid length hair that was twice as pretty as the Marcia Brady long straight hair the fashion gods tell most women to have today.

Funny thing is there is a whole magazine to promote shorter hair for women but I rarely see any real women walking down the street in anything but really long straight hair. That is the troubling question!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:02 AM

885 posts, read 1,521,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
ROFL !!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:22 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I can't speak for all women, but I personally have no choice... my hair is VERY curly, thick, and "ethnic" (Jewish) in texture, so having it short just doesn't look good. My mother kept our hair short when we were young, since she's straight-haired and clueless about caring for curls - and I looked like Little Orphan Annie, since my hair also happens to be red. I'm not looking to rock the "Annie look" or Jew-fro ever again, so I choose to keep it long and non-layered.
Hey, I have a mane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care