Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Because it's beautiful.
Best response so far to the OPs original question as to why most every HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE AGED girls want long hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM

511 posts, read 2,451,833 times
I disagree. Many women have long hair because it is in style, not because it looks nice. I see lots of females with super thin fly away hair that just hangs there. Ever notice that most makeovers involve a haircut and the final result is they look far nicer in a bob or pixie in the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Best response so far to the OPs original question as to why most every HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE AGED girls want long hair.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:33 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,273,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I disagree. Many women have long hair because it is in style, not because it looks nice. I see lots of females with super thin fly away hair that just hangs there. Ever notice that most makeovers involve a haircut and the final result is they look far nicer in a bob or pixie in the end?
Uh,,NO. I think they look better because they have used makeup,but not
every woman on What not to wear looks better with short or bobbed.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:21 PM

2,036 posts, read 3,354,610 times
Quote:
I agree that most young girls have long hair becuz it's what ALL THE OTHER ONES have.

Many of them dont have long, luxurious, flowing, wavy locks. But they want to look like the rest of the group.

That's why that cool hippe chick with the short 'do usually gets sooo much attention! She's got the confidence to go against the grain.

I wanted to add - i do think that the "star factor" has something to do with it. In the Farrah era, a lot of girls wanted that 'do. (Remember back to Dorothy Hamil even??) A lot wanted the Jennifer Anniston haircut when it was 'in.' I see girls that i know to have much lighter hair, color it really dark and wear it long and wavy like KK. Lots of the time it's about copying what it popular in the media i think.

Last edited by Jellybean50; 10-31-2011 at 09:55 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM

750 posts, read 1,435,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I agree that most young girls have long hair becuz it's what ALL THE OTHER ONES have.

Many of them dont have long, luxurious, flowing, wavy locks. But they want to look like the rest of the group.
Totally agree. Whether it flatters them or not, they want to look like everyone else. Nothing wrong with that.

Also, it gives them something to play with. Ever notice how much some girls /women touch their hair? It could be just a nervous tic or subconsciously trying to call attention to their hair, but it's interesting.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:08 PM

181 posts, read 684,773 times
This is what I have found. Beautiful gorgeous women are the ones that short hair looks amazing on. Ugly women can't pull it off. 95% of women have low self esteem and feel they need long hair to hide behind. The hottest women i have seen, have short hair. Guys are liars when they say they prefer long hair. THEY PREFER BEAUTY !! Long hair doesn't fix ugly. My opinion : Who the F cares what men think about our hair anyway? It's just hair. It grows, we cut it, it grows some more. I just keep the style which looks good on me. Happens to be a short bob. I've had it every length - and when do I get hit on the most by men? When it's the shortest.
Who really cares anyway. Any woman who spends that much time worrying about their hair is an insecure idiot.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 AM

5 posts, read 5,868 times
Well Grils how to grow and keep lovely long hair?? Practically all women, at some time in their lives, want to grow their hair really long. Disregarding fashion and casting aside ideas about perms and layer cuts, this hard core likes to wear hair straight down the back, keeping it as long as possible. Is there a secret to growing your hair long?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,436,144 times
My hair is long and I hate it. If it were up to me it would sit just past my shoulders. I'd love short hair but with as much hair as I have and as curly as it is, I'd look like Bozo the clown. Hubby however loves the long hair, so I keep it that way for him. Every few years it bugs me enough that I whack it off to where I like it. He sulks a while but it grows back, and fast. Once it's mid-back again I cut it.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:43 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,749,721 times
My impression is that most guys find long hair more attractive. I, however, am not one of those guys. I love shorter hair on women. Not that I don't like long hair too, it just doesn't stand out to me. I'll take note of any attractive woman I happen to see regardless of hair, but if she has a cute and/or unique shorter 'do, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be mesmerized. I can't help it, and I don't know what it is, but I love it and would certainly not complain if more women did it.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
I completely disagree with you on this. First of all, long hair is not just "in style", its what the overwhelming marjority of people find to be symbol of feminine beauty, especially with the younger crowd (remember this thread is about GIRLS not old women).

Also, as far as makeovers go, the women who need makeovers are ones that have no idea about how to look good/sexy so they need help. Women who KNOW how to look sexy and beautiful dont need makeovers and wouldnt you know it, they almost ALL seem to already have long hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care