Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
i dont see how considering that i wont give anyone a thumbs down. Besides, i never said i required the look; only that i appreciated it.
Well, your list just sounded as if you were interested in a Barbie doll rather than a real woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 04:41 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, your list just sounded as if you were interested in a Barbie doll rather than a real woman
perhaps we have different ideas on what a "real woman" looks like. I happen to like elegant, classy,and in shape/toned. Now maybe these days the average woman is, say, 165 lbs. That doesnt mean that if you weigh less then youre not a real woman. I dont buy into the whole "real" thing anyway. If you were born with it then that makes you a real one, regardless of what you weigh or dress like.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM

What I meant is that for instance when say she should be freshly bathed and wearing perfume, it sounds like you don't want to smell her as the human being she is, but some chemicals from a factory instead

Old 03-27-2014, 05:07 PM

Well i dont know about you but i do prefer that people of any gender bathe daily. Also, if a person wants to wear perfume as long as its not overpowering then i think its nice but it isnt required. I just think that in my own humble opinion the epitome of beauty is what i mentioned above. However everyone has there own interpretations of what beauty is.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:56 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,644,023 times
My hair used to be down to my waist but I, like another poster on here, lost all my hair to chemo. When it started growing back, I started wearing it short and kept it that way. It compliments my face and features and makes me more attractive than my long hair ever did. It brings out my eyes, and makes my neck look long and elegant.

Look how beautiful Audrey Hepburn looked with a pixie cut (not that I'm comparing myself to her), but many women really do look better with shoulder length and short hair. Long straight hair with no body or shape looks unattractive badly groomed.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,994,476 times
Having both long is so much better. Short hair for me has to always be "done" while long hair can be tossed into a ponytail or bun and be fine.

The shortest I've had my hair was slightly below my ears and I liked it for about 3 months then I was over it. I hated it. I just wanted to put my hair in a ponytail and couldn't because those tiny ponytails look ridiculous.

Makeup takes awhile then hair too? No thanks. Plus I feel it complements my face better. Not super long but hair long enough to put into a ponytail, at least shoulder length is so much better than short hair ear length or shorter.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Ok, you two ... play nice!

I've had both short hair and long hair at different times in my life. I get sick of long, and I go get it all cut off. After a while, I get sick of the short and want to grow it long again. I only have a preference for short or long when I get sick of whatever style I happen to be wearing. LOL.

Currently my hair is long, and I just had a Brazilian blowout, which cost almost $600 (the actual cost of the blowout, tips for the hairdresser and her assistant, plus the cost of the products to maintain the blowout), so I am not going to be cutting it anytime soon. (I think after spending around $600 every 3 or 4 months, if I all of a sudden cut it all off, my husband would probably kill me! )

I think it depends on the shape of a person's face and her facial features as to whether she looks best in a long or a short style. But, I think really, it depends on the actual cut/style and most people can look great with either a long or a short style - and either long or short can be very feminine.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 AM

Um, what's a Brazilian blowout?!

Old 03-28-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Um, what's a Brazilian blowout?!
put simply its a professional hair smoothing treatment

http://www.brazilianblowout.com/faq.aspx

Old 03-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Gee, paying so much for that?! Get a good shampoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care