Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,903,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I haven't noticed that in my region. I have seen more of a mix.
Of men with really long hair (past the shoulders and/or halfway down the back)? I would say (where I am) there might be 5 in a 1000 with that kind of long hair... but probably even less than that. Far, far higher percentage of women with short hair than men with long hair, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 09:33 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
Of men with really long hair (past the shoulders and/or halfway down the back)? I would say (where I am) there might be 5 in a 1000 with that kind of long hair... but probably even less than that. Far, far higher percentage of women with short hair than men with long hair, anyway.
I think that average is super high in Mullet land - Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas or any other Wal-Mart popular location.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Surely you do recognize that in the red state locations you name, "long hair" on males is not considered to be indicative of conservative values or politics, and the paramilitary look is one embraced by many who espouse those values. You're more likely to see a redneck with a high-and-tight, wanting to look like a real-life A-muhr-ken Hero Marine, than you are a mullet. True story.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:45 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
I have the medium length angle bob. I had long hair and long hair is a lot of work to keep up. So yeah the long hair is a trend for now. It always rotates. Long short long short long.....

Old 10-23-2011, 09:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
Seriously, for me, the upkeep for shorter hair is MUCH more work. Mainly, that's because my hair grows VERY fast...it's much easier to just let it grow than it is to schedule trims every two weeks to keep the shorter cut maintained After a year of trying to maintain cute bangs, I'm letting them grow back out for that exact reason.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think that average is super high in Mullet land - Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas or any other Wal-Mart popular location.
There are areas of the country that aren't yet abundant with Wal-Mart stores? That's the most shocking claim in this whole thread!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
There are areas of the country that aren't yet abundant with Wal-Mart stores? That's the most shocking claim in this whole thread!
Have you been to California? We didn't have one within 30+ miles when I lived in San Francisco, and that's pretty typical in most parts of CA. I'm in the South Bay now, where there are two reasonably close... and that actually shocked me! Wal-Mart rules, btw.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Have you been to California? We didn't have one within 30+ miles when I lived in San Francisco, and that's pretty typical in most parts of CA. I'm in the South Bay now, where there are two reasonably close... and that actually shocked me! Wal-Mart rules, btw.
Only to Death Valley. And true- I did not see a WalMart there. (I was more referencing, though, that WalMart stores are not limited to the southern states. New England is pretty full of them as well.)

Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 AM

184 posts, read 703,167 times
i have two wal-marts within a ten minute drive from my apartment, and i live in the greater boston area. you generally won't see a wal-mart within twenty or thirty miles of a major city, though, regardless of what state you're in.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM

511 posts, read 2,451,833 times
What does Walmart have to do with tons of women with long stringy hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
i have two wal-marts within a ten minute drive from my apartment, and i live in the greater boston area. you generally won't see a wal-mart within twenty or thirty miles of a major city, though, regardless of what state you're in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care