Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 11:34 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,749,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Yikes - you have no clue at all how destructive the first arrivals to Hawaii were do you. It's quite shameful actually.

Protect Hawaii's Native Species and Ecosystems

Native Hawaiians were far more devastating to Hawaii than modern day people.
Paid for by mainland interests.

Hawaii's Extinct Species

Information on extinctions in Hawaii in the last 15 years..

As for farming and agriculture?

Stanford scholars find clues for sustainable farming in ancient Hawaiian techniques « Environment « Science & Tech « Peninsula Press

Sustainable Agriculture | Hawai'i SEED

Hawaii Island Eco Tourism: Eco Tours on Hawaii, the Big Island | GoHawaii.com

Ancient civilizations reveal ways to manage fisheries for sustainability -- ScienceDaily

Like i said before your focus on the lifestyle of the monarchy is narrow and only supports the saying absolute power corrupts abso
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 11:47 PM

@whtviper1

Further i will trust the bishops museums info. Further dont you find it odd that the ancient hawaiians practiced substanable agro and farming etc but massacred everything your site says? There are a thousand reference points to how ancient hawaiians and native americans worked with nature not conquer it. Sorry man got to face the trueth

Old 06-07-2014, 11:59 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,814,008 times
Anyone else looking forward to reading what Jonah K has to say about the posts on the last couple pages?
I know I am!

Old 06-08-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
I think you have confused "subsistence agriculture" with "Sustainable Agriculture".
Yes typo error, mahalo for correction

Old 06-08-2014, 02:58 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,198 times
University of Hawai‘i Libraries Special Collection: The 1897 Petitions Protesting Annexation
Posted on June 7, 2014
University of Hawai‘i Libraries Special Collection – The 1897 Petitions Protesting Annexation by Professor Noenoe K. Silva

When William McKinley won the presidential election in November of 1896, the question of Hawaii’s annexation to the U.S. was again opened. Mod cut: only a few lines from copyrighted material.

University of Hawai

Last edited by Mikala43; 06-09-2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Yikes - you have no clue at all how destructive the first arrivals to Hawaii were do you. It's quite shameful actually.

Protect Hawaii's Native Species and Ecosystems

Native Hawaiians were far more devastating to Hawaii than modern day people.
A'ole.... modern day people not only screwed up hawaii but the whole world. sorry to inform you

Old 06-08-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Do you really think there was no "law", taboo or whatever, that made killing the Chief a crime? Really? Hell, it was punishable by death to stand on his shadow.

Murdering all the Chiefs et al WAS the crime.
it was..... well, Son it must be..... its on the innernet right? Waikiki may be?? I ment wilki

Son.... see and understand, this.... they broke no laws... the broke no treaties. iF you wanna get all Kahuna with me you can.. I mean they did do some immoral shiet. they could have avoided the blood shed had they just signed the treaty of a next station.. I meant annexation.... OH WAIT... if the yellow cake? Wmd's?

I can't even say it was the law of the land.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Whats funny is if the roles were reversed. I get the feeling it wouldn't be "its in the past and water under the bridge and move on" there would be lawsuits in international courts, U.N sanctions, promises of war. I can only say this is the truth by watching how the U.S behaves thru its history.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You sound like you have a problem with the way the US behaved thru its history. I have a news flash for you.

The US has behaved, on net, Admirably through its history, . Compared to the rest of the world, we are Angels.

Do you suggest that the indigenous people of North America behaved any better?
Do you suggest that the indigenous people of Hawaii behaved any better?

Your beef seems to be with the fact that we won on both counts - and I dare say the WORLD is better off that we did. North America was, essentially, laying fallow before we arrived, and now is is a bastion of freedom and prosperity, and have used the resources of North America, including human, to twice-defeat evil in just the 20th Century.

We played the game basically the same way everyone plays it. You're just pissed because we won far more often than we lost, IMHO!!!!
No breath

Old 06-08-2014, 01:43 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,257,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Anyone else looking forward to reading what Jonah K has to say about the posts on the last couple pages?
I know I am!
There are too many misconceptions about Hawaiian sovereignty and inaccuracies about Hawaiian culture and history for me to be bothered with trying to correct.

Hawai'i has been in the possession of the United States for almost 116 years and it will probably take at least another 116 years for efforts towards Hawaiian sovereignty to reach fruition. Undoubtedly, there will be a series of "fits and starts" as well as setbacks along the way. In 1993, few Americans could've imagined that a man who was born in Hawaiʻi and is the son of a Kenyan would be elected "President of the United States." In that same year, Ka Lāhui Hawaiʻi, an initiative for kanaka maoli self-governance compiled some "sovereignty educational materials" that might prove somewhat enlightening. Although one can never know what will happen in the future, that's no excuse to not to learn as much as possible and attempt to lay the groundwork. Here's a link to a PDF copy of Ka Lāhui's materials...
http://kalahuihawaii.files.wordpress...ution-1993.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii