Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 06:20 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,818,921 times

Advertisements

I just noticed that we now have 67 pages on a thread started by a person who isn't even a member of City-Data Forums anymore!
LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,464,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
I just noticed that we now have 67 pages on a thread started by a person who isn't even a member of City-Data Forums anymore!
LOL!!!
Not only that, but look at how many posts on this thread are probably of no real interest to anyone except the poster.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,265,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Not only that, but look at how many posts on this thread are probably of no real interest to anyone except the poster.
And, let's not forget the troll that's had several different user names in this thread alone. Instead of numbers for his next user name, he might want to consider calling himself "ʻElelū" ("roach"). No matter how much "bug spray" is used, he manages to keep coming back.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 cuft View Post
Here is another to HbH. I think he or she is basically saying that HbH lives too much in the past, and that, like a runway, only that in front of you, i.e. the future, really means very much. Brilliantly put, IMHO.
I disagree. History means a great deal. History teaches us what we should and should not do in the future. Without knowing history we would be going blindly into the future. The key in my opinion, is to know history, to learn from history but at the same time, to not try and live in the past.
Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Try and make a better tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,763,349 times
Quote:
I agree that we learn the lessons from the past, that is very true, but we cannot live in the past, or dwell on it. We must live in the now, and for the future because it, like the runway in front of us, is all we will have to get this crate in the air. Lamenting the 2,000 ft we left behind because we took an intersection takeoff, won't help.
The morale to the story is, we don't learn from the past because we continue and do the same things over and over again. Sure we may dress the same things up in different packages or play on different fields but its just the same garbage. Then we scratch our heads wondering why for the 100th time the same garbage didn't work. How can we be living in the present or for the future when we are still living in the past pretending the same negative garbage from the past works only with different people today? So no your not living a new today or a new tomorrow your like the little boy whistling in the dark ignoring the warning signs because

Old 06-26-2014, 11:08 PM

By god we presentted it differently and changed it a little THIS TIME. So hell its gotta work this time.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
See what happens when you wipe the steam off of your mirror!!!
Oh bruddah what makes you think im doing the same things over and over again and living in the past? Im an old hawaii culture and old hawaii stuff collector and buff. My extent of living in the past is like "gee wouldn't it be nice to experience a drive in theater again". I very much live in today. I go to work everyday, i pay my bills today etc etc.

Unlike you who gets kick off, How many times now despite changing your name? Ever wonder why? BECAUSE YOU DO THE SAME GARBAGE OF THE PAST but only change your name. Enough said "chuckle" Aloha.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
My extent of living in the past is like "gee wouldn't it be nice to experience a drive in theater again".
Good news, you can! There's one in Newberg Oregon not too far from you.

99W Drive-In
3110 Portland Rd, Newberg, OR 97132
NEWBERG Movies - 99W Drive-In, Twin Cinemas, Cameo Theatre

Old 06-26-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Self Deception never had a clearer exemplar..
WTH? What you never been Nostalgic? I bet you live alot in the past but are not even aware of it?

Old 06-26-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Good news, you can! There's one in Newberg Oregon not too far from you.

99W Drive-In
3110 Portland Rd, Newberg, OR 97132
NEWBERG Movies - 99W Drive-In, Twin Cinemas, Cameo Theatre
I know mahalo mcfrosty, i was using the drive in as an example. Did you ever go there yourself?

Also i post etc about the past because there are people currently on CDF Hawaii that enjoy the Nostalgia of hawaiis past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii