Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 04:56 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Homeopathy works wonders.

If you want more info, pm me.
Can you make a post in Alt Med for homoepathy and constipation...mine is not constipation per se, it's getting stuff moving easier....and again I will try a stool softener again ... and CO daily now. I cannot PM, so if you make a post, it could help many others too. I've eliminated dairy big time, no cows milk or any milk for that matter...nor cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 05:20 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Can you make a post in Alt Med for homoepathy and constipation...mine is not constipation per se, it's getting stuff moving easier....and again I will try a stool softener again ... and CO daily now. I cannot PM, so if you make a post, it could help many others too. I've eliminated dairy big time, no cows milk or any milk for that matter...nor cheese.
Why can't you pm? Never heard of that.

I don't want to make a post - but I will respond to people privately.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
Why can't you pm? Never heard of that.

I don't want to make a post - but I will respond to people privately.
Well, it's true, I can no longer PM...I'll do some homeopathic constipation issue research...thanks...

Old 01-05-2021, 07:01 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Milk of magnesia work s for my mom who's 75.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:51 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,071,815 times
Quote:
The permanent solution to my lifelong chronic constipation was a diet adjustment. I had to eliminate dairy, and processed grains too. I discovered that those 2 were inflammatory for me causing arthritis pain. While that helped with getting things moving too, it wasn't enough. I then had to increase certain vegetables in my diet (some work better than others), and increase my vegetable-to-meat ratio. It either repaired or greatly improved my microbiome. I continued with the diet adjustments and no longer have arthritis pain, constipation or slow movement. During that process my doctor recommended Miralax stool softener in case the problem originated from a blockage. I think there are generic versions of it too. I don't need to use it anymore but it was very handy during that process.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I take a heaping tablespoon of generic sugar free Metamucil (Equate) every night before bed. I have done this for years and it works for me.
That product is fiber so what it tells you is that you weren't getting enough fiber in your diet.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
The permanent solution to my lifelong chronic constipation was a diet adjustment. I had to eliminate dairy, and processed grains too. I discovered that those 2 were inflammatory for me causing arthritis pain. While that helped with getting things moving too, it wasn't enough. I then had to increase certain vegetables in my diet (some work better than others), and increase my vegetable-to-meat ratio. It either repaired or greatly improved my microbiome. I continued with the diet adjustments and no longer have arthritis pain, constipation or slow movement. During that process my doctor recommended Miralax stool softener in case the problem originated from a blockage. I think there are generic versions of it too. I don't need to use it anymore but it was very handy during that process.
Oh S.S. I hear you and I've changed my diet so much but there isn't much more excitement in my life so some interesting foods do go into my body now and then, I've eliminated so much and I just have to manage what my body is doing....I'm going to stick with the aloe vera gels now at the prescribed dose, which I was not doing, and will be taking a stool softener once they arrive.. I also have some oat bran on it's way, and will be adding some to my soups and chili which I make all the time.... But one can also get too much fiber too....

Why our bodies get so messed up from day 1 is most likely all the foods we've ingested that were not good for us....

Thanks and have a good healthy 2021 too...

Old 01-06-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Oh S.S. I hear you and I've changed my diet so much but there isn't much more excitement in my life so some interesting foods do go into my body now and then, I've eliminated so much and I just have to manage what my body is doing....I'm going to stick with the aloe vera gels now at the prescribed dose, which I was not doing, and will be taking a stool softener once they arrive.. I also have some oat bran on it's way, and will be adding some to my soups and chili which I make all the time.... But one can also get too much fiber too....
You sure can, so they say. In my case, I was getting enough soluble fiber but things started improving when I increased foods with insoluble fiber, like asparagus, broccoli, chicory and others. Insoluble fiber is what good gut bacteria thrive on. I thought I didn't like those foods but I discovered that it was the way they had been prepared. I found ways to prepare them to my liking. Now I love them.

I bought aloe vera back then but was afraid to try it. I bought that blood type book you posted about some time ago. His recommendations were spot on about so many things I had discovered. He says I should avoid aloe, so I'm glad I didn't try it. He says type B should avoid it too, so be careful.

Quote:
Why our bodies get so messed up from day 1 is most likely all the foods we've ingested that were not good for us....
Yes, that is true for me. Wish I had known what grains, dairy and a few other things were doing to me earlier in life. I have no complaints though, things are good. I have been checking out his advice about other foods and I have to say that It's amazing how accurate he is.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:25 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,937,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
So I have had bad constipation for the last three months now about and the doctor put me on three different medications so far.

The first was restorelax, which literally had no effect on me at all. The second was metamucil which got rid of about half of it, per day, but not all.

The third was senokot which does a much better job, but I have to go 2-3 times a day with it, when normally, before the constipation problem, I would just go once a day.

I am taking Senokot-S, which has a a stool softener in, hence the S. But senokot causes me to go in little pieces here and there throughout the day, rather than in one big go, like I would normally go before. If I bought regular Senokot without the S (stool softener), would that likely help and I would go in little bits at a time?
My wife has been on Koncyl for many years,it is 100 percent fiber,if I can spell the word physyillum.I use it occasionally,not habit forming,works fine with nothing unusual about it,not a laxative.
She takes about 1/4 teaspoon,in a shaker cup with juice,1/3 cup at bed time,we are seniors.She had your problem when we first married.
We get it at Walmart,all other locations $5 higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness