Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times

Advertisements

I am on the final stretch of being well... Been out for 10 days. Started thinking it was the flu, but it did progress to respiratory issues. Shortness of breath, my chest felt compressed, etc. I'm on the mend now but I am looking forward to the antibody test and will take one when it's available to see if I did have the coronavirus.

I did make an attempt to get tested, I did not qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 11:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
For all who wonder if they had it, a month ago, 6 months ago or whatever: it is too late now and really doesn't make much difference as long as you are feeling fine now. For others if you do qualify for testing and have systems, get tested. For others, if you do not qualify it is doubtful you have it. Good luck regardless.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:15 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
For others, if you do not qualify it is doubtful you have it. Good luck regardless.

The criteria for qualifying was that you had to have traveled recently or been in contact with a known current case. But since there has been community transmission, those guidelines are absolutely useless. They were only made because of a lack of testing kits.

As for me, all I can say is that I do not remember having been this sick before in my life. I'm 42.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:07 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Good grief.

Old 03-21-2020, 12:25 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Post Tests will show antibodies 2 years after infection, and immunity fades away in 2-3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
For all who wonder if they had it, a month ago, 6 months ago or whatever: it is too late now and really doesn't make much difference as long as you are feeling fine now. For others if you do qualify for testing and have systems, get tested.
If you suspect you had the COVID-19 virus and were never tested, wouldn't hurt to take the $10 antibody test (once available in USA) just to see if you now have (temporary) immunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
A problem is, that once the active disease has left the body, it can't be detected as having occurred. If anyone had Covid 19 but mistook it for the flu and wasn't tested, they would never know it for sure.
The window is about 2 years after infection when the antibody test will still show results, and as much as 3 years of immunity after recovering from COVID-19.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:49 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
(Like I had larengidise) It took longer to get rid of that one... Probably 2 or 3 days hitting 10,000MG VIT C . It did go though.......

I dont know what I had but seeing whats going on it could have been...... Im just very glad I have VIT-C -- The best stuff you can take!!
Taking that much vit-C probably just scoured out your toilet plumbing a little more effectively. You're just going to pee it down the drain. Too much can also give you raging diarrhea...and it will be caustic!

Old 03-21-2020, 02:54 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I am on the final stretch of being well... Been out for 10 days. Started thinking it was the flu, but it did progress to respiratory issues. Shortness of breath, my chest felt compressed, etc. I'm on the mend now but I am looking forward to the antibody test and will take one when it's available to see if I did have the coronavirus. I did make an attempt to get tested, I did not qualify.
Ever heard of a secondary bacterial infection???? A very common cause of respiratory problems following flu.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/commo...cations-770342

Old 03-21-2020, 04:15 PM

1,042 posts, read 874,256 times
My husband was in the hospital february 13 to 18 with an upper respiratory infection. He had both an x-ray and an MRI[actually several] and when they did a flu test, he did not have this years flu [we did have vacines] but they said he did test positive for the 2009 flu [swine flu, not included in this years vacine because too rare nowadays]

Now, this was before we knew what Coronavirus looks like on lungs. I am fairly certain that it was just complications from the flu, but there is a part of me that wonders.

Old 03-21-2020, 04:49 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3vicky View Post
My husband was in the hospital february 13 to 18 with an upper respiratory infection. He had both an x-ray and an MRI[actually several] and when they did a flu test, he did not have this years flu [we did have vacines] but they said he did test positive for the 2009 flu [swine flu, not included in this years vacine because too rare nowadays]

Now, this was before we knew what Coronavirus looks like on lungs. I am fairly certain that it was just complications from the flu, but there is a part of me that wonders.
A 2009 type virus was included in this year's vaccine.

Did he have an MRI or a CT scan? CT would be more often used.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:36 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
If you suspect you had the COVID-19 virus and were never tested, wouldn't hurt to take the $10 antibody test (once available in USA) just to see if you now have (temporary) immunity.

The window is about 2 years after infection when the antibody test will still show results, and as much as 3 years of immunity after recovering from COVID-19.

Just stop it. Quit spreading lies and misinformation. There is absolutely no way to know how long immunity lasts because the disease has only been around a few months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness