Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 05:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times

Advertisements

I have 4 friends who were deathly ill in January. I know 2 had traveled just prior, one to Vegas where there were tons of Chinese tourists. One drove 28hrs in 2 days so I feel like her resistance was pretty broken down. 1 was my supervisor who worked through it (I was on vacation) and i think infected a couple of coworkers.

I think the human body is such a miracle we should not take for granted. Treat your body well so it has a fighting chance against these biological onslaughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 06:31 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
No I haven't had flu like symptoms since spring 2015. Temps spiked up to 102.5 many times. Never went to doctor so never found out if it was a bad cold or the flu.

Old 03-31-2020, 08:52 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
But with the chinese government, nobody ever really knows...
Quote:
Analysis from other researchers has since suggested that the virus probably jumped only once from an animal into a person and has been spread human to human since about mid-November
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nalysis-nature

Science says otherwise. Unless you are a Chinese bat?

Old 04-01-2020, 06:10 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...nalysis-nature

Science says otherwise. Unless you are a Chinese bat?

Did you not read the part where they said they still don't know where or when covid 19 jumped from animals to humans? Since it is natural it could have been around forever.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:12 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,279,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I had it in September.

Too bad you didn't make it.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Did you not read the part where they said they still don't know where or when covid 19 jumped from animals to humans? Since it is natural it could have been around forever.
If it has been around forever why do no humans have immunity to it??

Why are we only NOW seeing the deaths and not 6 months or 6 years ago???

Old 04-01-2020, 08:58 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Yes, indeed.

One thing I haven't seen any statistics on or any discussion of is how the numbers of deaths of elderly and/or comorbidity cases in this COVID-19 hysteria era compare to the numbers of deaths in same groups prior to the panic. After all, nobody has batted an eye at tens of thousands of flu deaths every year in mostly the same population. There is nothing new about old people and sick people dying. How many more are dying today as COVID-19 hysteria is destroying life as we've known it for hundreds of years than were dying a year ago in an equivalent time frame?

Substantially more? Any more? Or have we simply stumbled upon a previously unlabeled subset of "natural causes"?

Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, indeed.

One thing I haven't seen any statistics on or any discussion of is how the numbers of deaths of elderly and/or comorbidity cases in this COVID-19 hysteria era compare to the numbers of deaths in same groups prior to the panic. After all, nobody has batted an eye at tens of thousands of flu deaths every year in mostly the same population. There is nothing new about old people and sick people dying. How many more are dying today as COVID-19 hysteria is destroying life as we've known it for hundreds of years than were dying a year ago in an equivalent time frame?

Substantially more? Any more? Or have we simply stumbled upon a previously unlabeled subset of "natural causes"?
Analysis of the genes of the virus tell us it is new and emerged first in China in November or December, 2019.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:45 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Both of my parents were very sick around 3 weeks ago. My mom was so bad she thought she would be admitted to the hospital, but her doc told her she had bronchitis and gave her meds. It sure would be nice to know if they had this virus and are now immune. There needs to be more testing for antibodies.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:06 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Both of my parents were very sick around 3 weeks ago. My mom was so bad she thought she would be admitted to the hospital, but her doc told her she had bronchitis and gave her meds. It sure would be nice to know if they had this virus and are now immune. There needs to be more testing for antibodies.
Yep....there are so many similar experiences out there. I have detailed mine in a couple of other threads. I've never in my life had anything like what I came down with on or about January 18th. It was never life-threatening, but it sure wasn't a cold or flu anything like I'd ever had.

My suspicion is that CV could have come to and swept through California early and that is why we appear to be doing so much better than NY, NJ, and others now. Nobody was testing for CV until when? Early March?

Some might ask why California didn't have large numbers of deaths in those early days. Who says we didn't? Certainly, with a population of 40 million, there were lots of deaths. But without suspicion of or testing for CV, they weren't recorded as such.

We for sure need those antibody tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness