Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 06:10 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
What about the death of Officer Tippit. Did Oswald shoot him with 3 Winchester & 1 Remington bullet(s) from his revolver?
What do you consider unlikely about this (if it is true)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 10:03 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Couch this in an official story line about a suspect who missed a stationary target at a hundred feet with his rifle supposedly hitting a moving target at greater distance months later in a rapid series of shots no expert marksman has been able to replicate under the same conditions with the same rifle.
This is actually a falsehood that keeps on getting repeated in various websites, not regarding the General Walker attempt but the shooting of Kennedy - it has been replicated under the same conditions with the same rifle many times. The existence of this urban myth (that no one has yet been able to replicate the shot in the given time) has been discussed before many times in this forum.

I am particularly interested because I own same model rifle, same year, same pre-war Italian factory. Carcano model 91/38 - it's actually a good rifle. One of my favorites as the smaller caliber round (compared to my other WW2 battle rifles) gives less of a kick when firing, thus enabling one to stay on target easier for quick firing.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:03 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
What about the death of Officer Tippit. Did Oswald shoot him with 3 Winchester & 1 Remington bullet(s) from his revolver?
Quote:
After a brief conversation, Officer Tippit got out of his car and as he was walking toward the front of his patrol car, Oswald suddenly shot him three times at point blank range with a .38 caliber revolver. After Officer Tippit fell, he was shot in the head by Oswald, which proved to be the fatal shot.
https://www.odmp.org/officer/13338-officer-j-d-tippit

We can argue these details til the world ends, and for every response, we both know there will be a counter-response. I am sure you did not just make up details of Tippit's death. You got this information from somewhere and it is very likely they got it from somewhere else, and on and on.
Officer Down Memorial Page believes that Oswald killed the officer with a 38. It would now be the job of the conspiracy advocates to show, or at least indicate, how the ODMP organization was coerced or tricked into hiding your facts and publishing a false narrative.

Oswald acted alone. He just got lucky.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:47 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This is actually a falsehood that keeps on getting repeated in various websites, not regarding the General Walker attempt but the shooting of Kennedy - it has been replicated under the same conditions with the same rifle many times. The existence of this urban myth (that no one has yet been able to replicate the shot in the given time) has been discussed before many times in this forum.
I haven't seen any evidence of an apples-to-apples replication. Can you direct me to the evidence you claim exists?

Old 07-09-2020, 11:20 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
It would be refreshing if this didn't turn into just another gun discussion. Can't we keep on the track of trying to learn the truth? I realize some of that involves talking about guns, but a lot of us aren't interested and don't know (or want to know) about guns. Guns are only one part of this mystery. I, for one, would rather talk about who hac the motive and how they did it, what we know, what we don't know, etc.

It's always the CIA and I think it really was factions of the CIA who wanted him dead for various reasons. It's fairly certain that LHO was a CIA agent. He was a guy who wanted to be important, someone they could send off on missions to Russia or they could have him handing out leaflets about Cuba or they could have him shoot at other people that they wanted to see dead. He was the gullible, obedient type that they needed.

LBJ didn't have anything to do with it. He had a lot to gain and he was happy that it happened and he certainly didn't do anything to stop it, but he wasn't involved. He found out the night before, from what I've read.

The mob probably was involved. Probably used by the CIA to get the job done. They definitely had the motive since they had helped get him elected and now he had turned on them. There are a few mafia names that crop up again and again. Also with JFK having so many women, there was one woman JFK slept with who was the mistress of a mafia boss. Here, I'd have to go back to a few reliable sources, such as books like "JFK and the Unspeakable" for the actual names. The few really well researched books do seem to agree on certain things.
Jim Garrison certainly was correct in a lot of his thinking.

Old 07-09-2020, 11:33 PM

440 posts, read 240,375 times
Bobby peeved off so many people it is hard to say. Between just the steel companies and the mob they could have easily done it. Then again, Bobby might have ordered it because JFK's brain was turning to mush from the Addison's like (autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 2) disease.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:43 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,533,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
What do you consider unlikely about this (if it is true)?
Reportedly 2 Winchester bullets & 2 Remington bullets were recovered from Officer Tippit. The Warren Commision ballistics expert could not determine if Oswald's revolver had fired any of the casings recovered from the scene of Officer Tippit's death.

Why would you load a gun from two different boxes of shells? But the bigger question, the handgun was a revolver-- why were there any spent casings at scene?

Last edited by historyfan; 07-10-2020 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 07-10-2020, 03:03 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
Bobby peeved off so many people it is hard to say. Between just the steel companies and the mob they could have easily done it. Then again, Bobby might have ordered it because JFK's brain was turning to mush from the Addison's like (autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 2) disease.
True that Bobby made a lot of enemies too. Sounds like the same kind of set up as with JFK:

Sirhan Sirhan certainly shot at Bobby Kennedy, but the fatal bullets that took his life were fired by the hotel’s private security guard, Thane Eugene Cesar, alleges
Mr Kennedy

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...vealed-US-news

Even his son believes it was a set up.

(Bobby would never have ordered that JFK be killed--that sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy non-truth.)

Old 07-10-2020, 05:03 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,014,680 times
Quote:
Reportedly 2 Winchester bullets & 2 Remington bullets were recovered from Officer Tippit. The Warren Commision ballistics expert could not determine if Oswald's revolver had fired any of the casings recovered from the scene of Officer Tippit's death.

Why would you load a gun from two different boxes of shells? But the bigger question, the handgun was a revolver-- why were there any spent casings at scene?
All four of the spent casings were determined beyond any doubt by Commission experts to have been fired in Oswald's revolver. The markings on the bullets from the policeman's body were consistent with being fired from the weapon but they could not be certain, which is not unusual in ballistic examinations (although one expert did declare himself convinced). I still don't understand your problem with the fact that two brands of ammunition were used. What is suspicious about that, and if it is suspicious, why would whoever set him up create this suspicion rather than using a single brand? As far as your "bigger question" is concerned, Oswald swung the cylinder of the revolver open and dumped the spent rounds, as witnesses described seeing him doing. They were scattered as he ran and found by several different witnesses.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:50 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
I'm 50/50 on this case. I sway back & forth. Three troubling questions that keep me amenable to the conspiracy side. 1: French president Valery Giscard d' Estaing was told in private by president Geral Ford that there was a conspiracy to kill JFK. d'Estaing released this info after Ford passed away. 2: On October 9th, 1963, The FBI, specifically agent Marvin Gheesling, removed Oswald from the FBI security Flash list, therefore, allowing Oswald to slip out of active surveillance. By happenstance, info on Oswald's trip to Mexico City was received by the FBI from the CIA October 10th & no alarm bells went off since Oswald's name was NOT on the Flash list any longer. 3: Oswald was impersonated in several phone calls to the Cuban & Soviet embassies in Mexico City. No less than J. Edgar Hoover agreed with this. Who impersonates a minimum wage worker, an obscure clerk? A nobody, why?

There are many more oddities, especially the pamphlets Oswald was passing out with 544 Camp St. New Orleans, stamped on them. That address housed ex-FBI agents & anti-Castro fanatics.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 07-10-2020 at 05:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History