Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 06:08 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,685 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have the Starbucks single coffee maker~? How many ounces can it make~? Do you like it~? Any issues with it~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 07:39 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I'm a coffee and tea fanatic and after reading this, I ordered a Melita cone! Sounds great for one cup of coffee in the afternoons. Can't wait to get it!

Are you kidding? Those things are great.

Wegmans occasionally has them at a very reduced price--$3.84 for both the cone and a matching mug (though the "cones" fit atop any mug). I picked up a red set and a black set years ago, and the mugs are hefty and of superb quality, too. They're still good sellers there.

I drink both tea and coffee. The drip coffeemaker is wonderful and we also have a glass stovetop percolator, but I also like the "rustic" feel of pour-over methods. It makes it seem more ceremonial--like tea.

You're going to love that cone.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,910,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Wegmans occasionally has them at a very reduced price--$3.84 for both the cone and a matching mug (though the "cones" fit atop any mug). I picked up a red set and a black set years ago, and the mugs are hefty and of superb quality, too. They're still good sellers there.

I drink both tea and coffee. The drip coffeemaker is wonderful and we also have a glass stovetop percolator, but I also like the "rustic" feel of pour-over methods. It makes it seem more ceremonial--like tea.

I love the simplicity and the are great for camping. My one complaint is flavor extraction. I have to pour the liquid over the grounds several times to get the maximum flavor.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:19 AM

21,887 posts, read 12,991,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Does anyone have the Starbucks single coffee maker~? How many ounces can it make~? Do you like it~? Any issues with it~?
Good heavens! With their coffee selling for $5 per small cup, I can only imagine what those things cost! Unless they're made of pure gold, go for the $9.99 single-cup; works just fine...

Old 12-16-2015, 12:17 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Good heavens! With their coffee selling for $5 per small cup, I can only imagine what those things cost! Unless they're made of pure gold, go for the $9.99 single-cup; works just fine...
In the Starbucks stores, it's like $1.50 for a small cup but the clover machine that some have is $3.00-5.00 for a cup. I decided to get a Starbucks single cup machine since I got a good deal on it. So far is excellent. I do plan to get a cheap normal drip coffee maker for backup.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:23 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
I have a Keurig too. I will probably never to back to a regular coffeemaker, just because I wasted so much coffee that way or drank more than I wanted just because the pot wasn't empty. We used to make coffee and my husband would take some of it to work and then I'd end up making another pot but it would sit too long and get that burned taste. And whether it did or didn't burn, I still poured a lot of it out. With K-cup, you have a fresh cup every time. No bottom of the pot. And you only make what you want. Might be more expensive, but worth it to me.

I also like to have something different once in a while, like hot chocolate, cider, a flavored coffee, or tea. Easy to do with Keurig.

We bought a new Keurig last summer and it wasn't putting out water like it was supposed to. We took it back and got another one and that one has worked fine. The one we had before that lasted 2-1/2 years and still worked.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:28 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,594,158 times
I drink~ Medicinal mushrooms Coffee ~~ Yummy & Super Healthy~

Medicinal mushrooms
are mushrooms used in the practice of medicine. Many species of mushrooms have been used in folk medicine for thousands of years and is best documented in the East. Medicinal mushrooms are now being studied by many ethno botanists and medical researchers. The ability of some of these mushrooms to inhibit tumor growth and enhance aspects of the immune system has been a subject of research for approximately the past 50 years. Preclinical studies suggest that compounds from up to 200 species of mushrooms may inhibit or slow down tumor growth, but required dosage and effects on humans is mostly unknown. Fungus research has led to the discovery of many pharmaceutical drugs, including penicillin, ciclosporin, griseofulvin, cephalosporin, ergometrine as well as the popular statin class of cholesterol reducing drugs.~

Want more info~~
Medicinal Mushroom Coffee with Ganoderma Lucidum

Old 12-16-2015, 02:11 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
There's your answer.

Keurig. Delongi. Mr Coffee. No Name Manufacturer.

If you make coffee every day, they all work well for about two years and then the heating element burns out.

I have switched brands each time.....have a Cuisinart now...and none last more than a couple of years. Planned obsolescence?

Don't know.

But I have learned not buy a "high end" coffee maker at higher cost because it doesn't last any better than el cheapo.
Our Techniivorm moccamaster has been running strong for about 8 years now making coffee every day.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:39 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post

Just saw this posted elsewhere and thought of this thread...
My dad did that kind of thing for fun. He was an engineer and enjoyed taking things apart and getting to show his daughter too.

First regular automatic drip one we got was a Mr. Coffee. It died soon. Dad took it apart and told mom we would not be getting another one. It used unshielded wires to heat the water. A while later he bought a brand that was safe. There were a *number* of fires with the first mr coffees. Kinda reminds me of the current thing with hoverboards. You have safe and more costly and cheap and cheap.

That's one thing I always look at with drip coffee brewers.

Old 12-16-2015, 02:49 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,271,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

After the brewer with the cone started producing massive clouds of steam, and I figured it was leaking water, it got shut off when brewing. I heated the water on the stove and poured it in the cone. Once all the water was poured, it was safe to turn on the warmer. I wasn't going to get a new one of the same make but they had a good deal on one for the holidays. If it dies early I do more experimenting. But the boil water routine got tiresome.

We had a power outage and I used the same method, just made enough for a cup, a while ago. But I love the flavor that cone gives you. I found that boiling on the stove didn't mean I drank less coffee either, just took longer to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House