Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2015, 08:25 PM

292 posts, read 1,244,361 times

Advertisements

I have a Technivorm Moccamaster, an Aeropress, and a double-walled french press. Highly recommend the Moccamaster, but if you don't have the cash to lay out, the Aeropress is a good alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Cheapo Mr. Coffee here..... They work everyday for a couple years....then get a new one....
I've tried all kinds of coffee making methods and nothing seems to beat the "Mr Coffee" style machine

Old 12-14-2015, 08:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
K cups just pollute and are stupid, but what can you do? Marketing makes people think things are great. Odd. I have a French Press and can make any size cup I want and any strength I want. Just rinse it out when done and use it the next day. Takes a whole 5 minutes. lol Oh and it won't break since it is all stainless. I got tired of Chinese crap and now try to just avoid it. Heck even my waffle maker is almost 100 years old and goes on top of my stove. I love that old Griswold waffle maker. Oh and that will never break either.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:55 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,909,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Cheap Mr. Coffee, it's at least 3 years old and works great. We use it several times every single day, for coffee and tea.
I have an extra carafe and use the coffee maker to make tea also. Once it cools, stir in some honey and refrigerate.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:57 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
Had a regular perk coffee pot that made excellent coffee. The element or cord went bad so had to get another. Can't find the electric perks anymore so go a mr.coffee. not a fan of it but affordable.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
LOL I'm a coffee and tea fanatic and after reading this, I ordered a Melita cone! Sounds great for one cup of coffee in the afternoons. Can't wait to get it!

Old 12-15-2015, 08:23 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCoriander View Post
I have a Technivorm Moccamaster, an Aeropress, and a double-walled french press. Highly recommend the Moccamaster, but if you don't have the cash to lay out, the Aeropress is a good alternative.
I have the Technivorm as well.... if you truly enjoy good coffee, as opposed to just want a k-cup jolt & are indifferent to the taste, the $300 price tag is justified by the quality of the brew (boils water instead of just heating it) & build - in 16+ years my Moccamaster is still going strong while my brother has gone through about 4 Mr coffee type rigs @ $50-60 each. Plus I could buy a spare part or have it serviced if it does go down, I find that to be a better value than the cheapo swill makers.

Or you could go cheaper & buy a french press maker, but you will have to have your beans ground at a size specifically for that process.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:25 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
La Greca!

Otherwise known as a moka pot. Its the cheapest thing that will give me the taste I need. I need a bit of pressure when extracting the flavor, and a Greca is much cheaper than a machine. Plus it easily travels when on vacation, camping etc.

Simple percolation or French presses don't get out the flavor I like.

Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
I have a Waring 10-cup drip coffee maker. I think I paid about $50 for it but it has been flawless.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:07 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,804,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
K cups just pollute and are stupid, but what can you do? Marketing makes people think things are great. Odd. I have a French Press and can make any size cup I want and any strength I want. Just rinse it out when done and use it the next day. Takes a whole 5 minutes. lol Oh and it won't break since it is all stainless. I got tired of Chinese crap and now try to just avoid it. Heck even my waffle maker is almost 100 years old and goes on top of my stove. I love that old Griswold waffle maker. Oh and that will never break either.
They may pollute but I have an aeropress an have had other coffee makers and nothing is as convenient as a k-cup. Costs more, in more ways that one, but that's the price of convenience.
I have one of the original Keurig machines that gets used every single day and it's still going strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House