Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 04:43 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Is this for fun or b/c you wish to sell and upgrade?
We bought a beautiful large set of pans that has made us happy.
We are currently seeking a new washing machine.

Fun and I'm happy I started it. There have been so many great ideas

What kind of pots and pans? I'm looking into the ceramic ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

Do you mean the ones that are metal on the outside and ceramic on the inside? If so, I can give you some feedback because we love ours. I think they are CuisineArt. Anyway, they cook very evenly and they clean up really easily. Just be sure you use bamboo (or something like that) utensils, never metal, to stir or serve from them. That's all we've used and we've had our set for five years and they look like new.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you mean the ones that are metal on the outside and ceramic on the inside? If so, I can give you some feedback because we love ours. I think they are CuisineArt. Anyway, they cook very evenly and they clean up really easily. Just be sure you use bamboo (or something like that) utensils, never metal, to stir or serve from them. That's all we've used and we've had our set for five years and they look like new.
Thanks. I know some of the new ones have silicone handles and can be out into the oven. That would be nice for at least one pan for frittatas

Old 01-26-2018, 09:31 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I am an old Bachelor that hates to waste anything. I recently bought a FABERWARE can opener that lets you open a can and you can remove what you need from the can and reseal it again with the lid. Instead of throwing away half of a can you can put in the fridge and get another serving from it relatively safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Model number? Can't find it using Google search.
I believe Mr Gun may be referring to my favorite type of can opener, the "safety" variety. There are models made by many manufacturers -- I've shown the Zyliss version below. Highly recommend.

https://www.zyliss.com/shop/gadgets-...ge-can-opener/

Old 01-26-2018, 11:32 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semispherical View Post
I believe Mr Gun may be referring to my favorite type of can opener, the "safety" variety. There are models made by many manufacturers -- I've shown the Zyliss version below. Highly recommend.

https://www.zyliss.com/shop/gadgets-...ge-can-opener/
We had one of those years ago. Threw it away and bough the other style. Thing never did work right.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We had one of those years ago. Threw it away and bough the other style. Thing never did work right.
I've had mine about 5 years. It works fine.

A couple of months ago I bought two gravity chairs for outside. I was a little skeptical because they were only $59.99 for both but they are nice chairs and work well. Very comfortable.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zero-Grav...-New/692509108

Also two inexpensive but surprisingly warm blankets. If you just need an extra or a kids blanket I recommend this one.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays...orter/44729136

Old 01-26-2018, 04:08 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:

I purchased a cast iron wok to add to my frying pans.

Cast iron isn’t for everybody, but I love mine. It is easy to cook on, great for browning things, easy to clean. It is heavy, and you do have to clean it promptly and dry it thoroughly, but that only takes a few minutes.

It doesn’t visibly stain like stainless steel, and is much less sticky. It isn’t as slick as Teflon, but it doesn’t shred like Teflon does either. I can use any type of utensil on it. They ar3 great for mak8ng things like frittata, as they can go directly 8nto the oven.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:00 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,422,252 times
great thread.
Really thinking about those wall receptacles with the USB port.
From my reading, post 121 shows them at costco for a 4 pack (39.99) and karana's posts has them on amazon 2 pack for 19.99.

Keep em coming!

Old 01-27-2018, 06:05 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,727 times
Default reply

Quote:

We bought German stainless steel. I think on amazon. They look lovely. But we really need a better washing machine.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:08 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,727 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I can put my German stainless steel pots in oven? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House