Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 02:11 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,883,377 times

Advertisements

Humidifier.

I got so many good ideas from this post. But It will cost me a fortune buying all these ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Multi-light, motion activated toilet mounted nightlight. (still awaiting its arrival) It was about $4.
Makes your toilet water change colors. Oooooh!!!
"Kids! Y'all c'mere and look at this!"
How do you clean it?

Old 01-24-2018, 02:26 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Humidifier.

I got so many good ideas from this post. But It will cost me a fortune buying all these ;-)
What kind? We have some but none currently work. The wicking kind require regualr replacement of wicking filters you have to order and Amazon does nto deliver for a month. The big ones that have a foam strip strapped on a wheel theat thurns into the ttank - do not last long, the motor stops and the wwheel will no longer turn. The piezoelectric ones cover your house with calcium ppowder. The steam ones cost too much to run.

Is there a good one out there somewhere?

Old 01-24-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
What kind? We have some but none currently work. The wicking kind require regualr replacement of wicking filters you have to order and Amazon does nto deliver for a month. The big ones that have a foam strip strapped on a wheel theat thurns into the ttank - do not last long, the motor stops and the wwheel will no longer turn. The piezoelectric ones cover your house with calcium ppowder. The steam ones cost too much to run.

I bought a cheap Ultrasonic one from Amazon and have been using it for 2 year.

Old 01-24-2018, 02:56 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
A hospital type moveable overbed table for my bed. So convenient for books, remotes, food, drinks, etc whether used on the side of my bed or over my bed. They are not expensive.

A small refrigerator for the bedroom level of my townhouse. No need to go downstairs to get a cold drink at night.
I could see that being handy.

Many years ago when my husband and I used to smoke we would lounge in bed and enjoy a cigarette or two with our coffee. We had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker in the bedroom next to the bed. We were only lazy in the mornings, lol.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:35 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
Faucet parts! My old, solid brass Hamat kitchen faucet was all jammed up from the sand in my well, and I was so thankful to find the parts to fix it. I got depressed when I saw all the plasticky new Delta and Danze faucets in the stores.

And I bought a Pure Guardian 1 gal. ultrasonic humidifier, which can live in a corner of the kitchen counter near the sink for easy refills. No more slopping 40 pounds of water all over while refilling the humongous evaporative thing on the other side of the kitchen. It works great.

Awesome thread...thank you to the OP.

Last edited by KCZ; 01-24-2018 at 04:24 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 03:37 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

We bought a couple of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, they are small but they do great for the bedroom. They are very quiet-except that they burp from time to time. They do have a light on them but if the light bothers you, you can cover it. The first one we have had for about 3 or 4 years now and still going strong. The second one we just bought because my SIL has been staying with us and we thought she could benefit from having one in her room. And when she isn't here, we use the second in our bedroom, too.

Cat

Old 01-24-2018, 04:14 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
We bought a couple of these: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, they are small but they do great for the bedroom. They are very quiet-except that they burp from time to time. They do have a light on them but if the light bothers you, you can cover it. The first one we have had for about 3 or 4 years now and still going strong. The second one we just bought because my SIL has been staying with us and we thought she could benefit from having one in her room. And when she isn't here, we use the second in our bedroom, too.

Cat
I've been known to do that, too - the bolded part- lol. But on a more serious note, we also, several years ago, replaced our hot water heater with a tankless one and we really LOVE never having to run out of hot water. At first, I was a bit disappointed with it, because the highest temperature that we could set it to, was 120 degrees. I did a little research about it and found that by simply taking off the cover to it, we could flip something called a dip switch, and that allowed us to increase the temperature to 140. So much better! There are many times that I want access to very hot water and it was so frustrating to me when I thought it could go no higher than 120.

Another thing we totally love is our backyard gas fire pit - very similar to the one Kathryn Aragon posted a picture of. Prior to that, we had a wood burning one, but it was just a mess and I didn't like having to deal with all the ashes and not being certain that the fire was completely extinguished when we were done using it for the night. Yes, we could have put it out with water, but that made even more of a mess! Now, all we do is turn a key and light it with one of those long lighters and when we're done, we just turn the key off and the fire goes right out. So worth it. We use it all the time, even during the summer, but more during the winter, even though it never gets very cold where we live. The ambiance of having a fire to sit around while having a drink and sitting outside is just wonderful. We installed it near our hot tub. Another thing we are so glad we got.

I've also been on a decorating and remodel binge for our house and we are replacing a lot of the lighting that was here when we bought our house. That is really fun and I'm totally loving all my new lights.

Here's one of my favorites - I love it so much, but boy was it a pain to assemble - had to hang all those individual dangle things. Took well over 8 hours to get it right, but now that it's done, I LOVE it!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56928382770286286/

Old 01-24-2018, 06:23 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
How do you clean it?
Okay, truth? It hasn't arrived yet. The site warns you right up front it takes a while to receive orders. I ordered a few things the same day and none of them are here yet.

From what I can tell, it doesn't actually touch anything. It's a small battery pack that stays outside and it clips onto the edge and it looks like a little bendable snake light that shines down on the water. We shall see. If it's nasty I'm out $4.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Okay, truth? It hasn't arrived yet. The site warns you right up front it takes a while to receive orders. I ordered a few things the same day and none of them are here yet.

From what I can tell, it doesn't actually touch anything. It's a small battery pack that stays outside and it clips onto the edge and it looks like a little bendable snake light that shines down on the water. We shall see. If it's nasty I'm out $4.
Yep, same here. I should get mine in the next day or two since it was via Amazon Prime but we'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House