Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 PM

97 posts, read 285,633 times

Advertisements

I like House Hunters, The Property Shop, Property Virgins & My First Place. I LOVE HGTV! Wish the real estate world was like it is on TV. They usually only sign 1 piece of paper on TV! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 07:59 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,169,965 times
those are my favs too. I can't stand Candace Olsen on "Devine Design"
I like the show with the realtor Tatiana also; is that Proprty Shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
Poperty Virgins because I love Sandra...also love House Hunters and My First Place.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,903,538 times
House hunters and property virgins. HGTV is probably our most watched channel.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,273,283 times
I like yard crashers and I LOVE Rock Solid, which I know is on the DIY
channel,but what the hey, I just thought Id throw that out there!

Greenchili

Old 03-31-2009, 02:28 AM

32 posts, read 145,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dens View Post
Poperty Virgins because I love Sandra...also love House Hunters and My First Place.
OMG, Sandra rocks!!

After I had watched a few of her shows, I pulled up her website and sent her an e-mail telling her how much I loved it. Since I like hockey (and she lives in Canada when she's not travelling), I asked her if she liked hockey.

I couldn't believe the awesome e-mail she sent back! She said all through her childhood, she played hockey on a boy's team.. She was THAT good!

She also told me that now, with her show, her real estate business, her books, and everything else she does.. she only has time to catch an NHL game if someone stops by with a ticket & asks to if she wants to go.

Anyway.. she absolutely LOVES doing that show!

The one thing that would make that show even more perfect.. is if they could go back to it after the people are settled in (like they do on House Hunters).. A lot of times you never see the outside after they obtain the keys.

In any event.. Sandra's personality is perfect for that show!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 AM

32 posts, read 145,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
I like yard crashers and I LOVE Rock Solid, which I know is on the DIY
channel,but what the hey, I just thought Id throw that out there!

I watch the DIY channel too!! They also have a really neat DIY forum where you can ask questions about anything "do it yourself".. I pop in over there a few times a week.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
I like House Hunters, especially as they branch out to different areas and different kinds of house or condos. Older shows were all post-war three-bedroom little houses in California that cost a million bucks.
In "What's My House Worth," I always wonder why spending x number of dollars gets you 2x back, when every article I ever read said you don't get 100% back on anything. Also, I love when people are talking about taking out equity to do upgrades, etc., and want to know if it's "worth it." Only if you're selling! Otherwise, you still have to make the increased payments.
The guy who built my house had a great living in the past several years with home equity paying for additions and remodels. And now, the phone isn't ringing at all, and he's a great craftsman.
I wonder what hand these HGTV shows have had in people making expensive and foolish decisions about housing?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 AM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
I get a kick out of HGTV because so many of the shows are so ridiculous. There's no "reality" there at all.

Property Virgins might be one exception; the host tells it like it is and at least tries to bring her clients down to earth.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,123,018 times
hey did you guys know HGTV is 1 of the 25 things to blame for the current economy? i read that from cnn.
'what's with that house' is cool too

Old 03-31-2009, 03:06 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Kinda like the International Househunters, whatever it is called. Like seeing the different architecture and materials, etc. used outside of the U.S. The rest of the shows make me want to take sledgehammer to my house....oops, the TV. No wait, the designers, naw, the advertisers, Geez, heck I can't win. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House