Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:10 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,909,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Holmes Inspection is the only show that I can stand anymore on HGTV.
Wow! And it's the only one I WON'T watch because the guy is so into himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
Mine is House Hunters.

I love watching them profile the buyer's 3 top choices and it's kinda fun to try and guess which place they'll pick. Also.. I like the fact that they do a follow-up and show the changes the buyer's have made.

"Rate my Space" and some of the renevating shows are also interesting..

Anyone else watch HGTV? ..Or am I the only one? (knowing me, I am the only one here.. LOL! )
I like House Hunters International the most.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but House Hunters is pretty much fake. To get on the show you have to be under contract already. So two of the houses never had a shot. Which means half of what is said is fake as well.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 AM

409 posts, read 874,067 times
I also like Real Estate Intervention alot. It's based in the DC area. The show mainly gives the sellers a reality check on pricing using recently sold and active comps. With some staging and upgrades suggestions thrown in. I think watching that show helped me take a realistic open eye view on pricing when I put my house on the market. My house sold in 3 months while some of my comps are still on the market now months later.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but House Hunters is pretty much fake. To get on the show you have to be under contract already. So two of the houses never had a shot. Which means half of what is said is fake as well.
I figured that had to be the situation in order to shoot the program but its fun for me to see the housing market in foreign countries.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,153,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I figured that had to be the situation in order to shoot the program but its fun for me to see the housing market in foreign countries.
I like the show as well. I actually watch it sometimes on mute. I actually enjoy it more without all of the stupid comments.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 AM

367 posts, read 1,074,316 times
Holmes on Homes, or Holmes inspection. By a mile. All other shows are just so glossy.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM

901 posts, read 2,388,006 times
House Hunters International, My First Place, Curb Appeal, Income Property, Property Virgins. Fake or not, I just enjoy watching them for the sake of seeing the before and after stuff, or to see which one is picked.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,820 times
I like the design shows more than the house-hunting shows. Design, Inc. and Sarah's House, both featuring designer Sarah Richardson, are my favorites. I'm also a fan of Curb Appeal, but I miss the OLD Curb Appeal. I'm not as fond of Curb Appeal: The Block. The designer is always the same, and his approach is always the same: "let's give the house a modern look." I like the designer's common-sense approach on Get it Sold -- and I think she's also very respectful of the homeowners.

Income Property is good, but I wish they'd tell us how much the reno actually cost. (It'd be great if they showed us the estimated cost BEFORE Scott got in there and started digging around and discovering that the plumbing was bad and the electrical was shot, or whatever, and then the actual price that the reno cost after all the unexpected expenses.)

Holmes on Homes is great, and I admire Mike Holmes' passion for his trade and determination to "make it right."

The endless House Hunters-style of show drives me nuts.

Also can't stand: Jamie Durie -- so egotistical! -- and Genevieve Gorder.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,594 times
I would really like to see some "gardening" shows. I'm getting pretty tired of makeover shows, cheap-ass design shows, and House Hunters is beginning to suck the life out of me. Come on HGTV, how about a little "G"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House