Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by househuntinggal View Post
So my hubby and I applied for Property Virgins, and we're actually doing a casting video this Sunday for the show. We don't get to meet Sandra, they just come out to our place with a camera and interview us, then the tape gets sent to HGTV for the final say. They're interviewing 8 couples for 5 episodes....I'm kinda nervous!!
Well good luck to you............how exciting. Keep us posted if you make the next step. What State are you in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,671,723 times
I love House Hunters and Property Virgins........in that order. Some of the International house buying is interesting too.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,671,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Well good luck to you............how exciting. Keep us posted if you make the next step. What State are you in.
How exciting is that...........yes, keep us posted.......
And make sure you choose your 'favorite' and dont' be afraid to say....
I hated them all.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM

993 posts, read 2,292,491 times
I think they used to have a show called "If Walls Could Talk." It was about people who bought old and/or historic homes and the items they dicovered inside the homes. Some homes had famous or infamous owners. It was very interesting. I haven't seen it for a while, I hope they bring it back. I like "House Hunters' and "Property Virgins" too. I also like the show with Clive and Lisa - it's pretty neat what they can do with $2,000.00!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:30 AM

47 posts, read 279,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
Thanks! We're in New Jersey. (They're filming in Philadelphia but since we're within an hour drive they said that was OK.)

Old 04-03-2009, 01:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Oh yeah, I so agree. It is pure entertainment. As a construction man myself, I actually cringe when I see anyone painting a room, all dressed up too mind you. LOL. I laugh when I see a group of idiots jump into a wall and try to knock it down.(yeah, thats real safe)
I scream when I see kitchen cabinets getting painted white. Hello, people all cabinets (like the other poster said), cannot be painted, unless of course you never plan to go near them, they will chip and peel away.

...and whats with staging a house? Just remove some clutter and clean it.
Why do the rooms have to be defined as to what they are?? I think I could figure out that a dining room is a dining room, even if a previous owner has gym equipment in the middle of the room... LOL
Just because you have an extra bedroom, it does not mean it is a guest room, it can be whatever the home owner needs it to be whether a junk room, office, craft room, whatever.....

but nevertheless, I still watch the programs and do enjoy them. Curb appeal is my favorite....

My parents painted their kitchen cabinets white about 7 years ago, and have only had to do one touch up....they look pretty darn good too....

Old 04-03-2009, 01:45 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,094,389 times
Hidden Potential.

Design ideas - OK
Cost of projects? Questionable. Seems like they up the costs to fit into the buyer's maximum part of their budget.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:50 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,839,619 times
Haulin House

Is that still on? I do not watch tv much

Old 04-05-2009, 08:29 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,804 times
I absolutely love looking at houses, but I detest decorating. As such, I watch the house shows. It started with House Hunters when it started. The first time it wasn't in California, I was shocked. I also love Property Virgins and My First House. The Property Shop is OK, but I don't really like the people on it. I find them annoying. My husband and I want to go on either Property Virgins or My First House. Of course, on My First House you get the room done for you. Then again, it probably wouldn't be something I would like.

Watching those shows makes me see how spoiled people are. They won't buy a house that doesn't have a double vanity. My husband and I share a sink with no problem. They won't buy a house without stainless appliances. Ummm, they don't work any better. I wish I had the money to complain about little things like they do.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 PM

484 posts, read 1,585,016 times
I love House Hunters and Property Virgins. Also, Curb Appeal is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House