Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 AM

359 posts, read 1,144,601 times

Advertisements

I pretty much like any of the house hunting/first place/moving up etc shows..i do think it is invcredible how so many of these people looking at houses have no imagination whatsoever. They only see what it there now and not how they can make it theirs..The always said line "this is horrible wallpaper, i can't live with that" comes to mind...DH laughs at me because i will always yell at the tv "it's jusdt wallpaper people" lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 06:28 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
I liked If Walls Could Talk, and also Gardening by the Yard. As another poster said, I don't think If Walls Could Talk is on anymore. Gardening by the Yard only aires early Sunday mornings, and I can't make myself get up that early.

I somewhat like House Hunters International. I'm surprised that some places that seem like paradise have such reasonalbe prices.

I typically don't watch any of the domestic house buying shows because they're usually suburban based. (I have seen a few shows where the young couple is looking for that bungalow with character, but they seem rare)

Old 04-06-2009, 07:05 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
I love Divine Design...all exquisite, I think.
I enjoy Designer's Challenge, too.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 AM

604 posts, read 4,622,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Haulin House

Is that still on? I do not watch tv much
I wish they would show the "unloading" 'cause that's where the fun would start. They always end the show pulling into the lot.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcim72 View Post
I wish they would show the "unloading" 'cause that's where the fun would start. They always end the show pulling into the lot.
That is becuase the actual move is done in one day and the preparation is done in a few weeks. Unloading and putting things back together takes months and final restoration takes years, then you run out of money and move in even though you are not done. Then your bank goes out of business. Then you live in the house doing little bits and pieces yourself and wondering if the real estate market will ever improve enough to allow you to get a loan and hire someone to finsih the big items of work. That part does not make a very intriguing show and takes too long to film. It is very slow paced.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:53 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
I still watch HGTV but it is not as good as it use to be. I really Chris Madden and Joe Ruggerio (sp) shoes. I like Candace Olsen because her work is truly outstanding. Design on a Dime needs to be gone. That show is pure garbage. I also watch House Hunters and Property Virgins. I am amazed at the house prices around the country.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:04 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
I m not sure what the name of the show is but they have people walk through other peoples homes and look around and they tape them making comments and some of the people are really rude with their comments . I would never subject myself to that LOL !!! I actually feel sorry for some of the people . LOL !!!could someone please tell me the name of the show if it is not house hunters ?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:09 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,648 times
Are you talking about Get it Sold?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:19 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,122,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I m not sure what the name of the show is but they have people walk through other peoples homes and look around and they tape them making comments and some of the people are really rude with their comments . I would never subject myself to that LOL !!! I actually feel sorry for some of the people . LOL !!!could someone please tell me the name of the show if it is not house hunters ?
I believe those are superstar real estate agents. Designed to Sell?

Last edited by Wysiwyg; 04-07-2009 at 03:27 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 09:50 AM

186 posts, read 794,716 times
House Hunters is prob my favorite, especially the International version. I'm gobsmacked by how many buyers have absolutely no vision or imagination whatsoever, and like someone else here said, whine about the simplest cosmetics or have totally unrealistic expectations for their budget, particularly first-time buyers without a clue who demand the whole enchilada. But it's only entertainment after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House