Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 12:05 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,507,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm View Post
What is it?
Dexamethasone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 01:14 PM

814 posts, read 676,702 times
nope
see Henry Ford study
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5365090002/

I wonder what happened to the guy who was going to correlate the 1.5 million elderly folks that take it for arthritis to see how many of them got Covid ? A painless study, just look at the Medicare database.

And we ought to hang the 6 or so doctors who have made news claiming it works with azithro and zinc. Over a 1,000 folks cured by the French doc. CA, Mass, even Texas City, TX doctors in the news, some claiming it works in hours.

And Amy Klobachar's husband's doc, and the democrat lady in Mich who thanked Trump for saving her life. This kind of disinformation should be punished.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
nope
see Henry Ford study
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5365090002/

I wonder what happened to the guy who was going to correlate the 1.5 million elderly folks that take it for arthritis to see how many of them got Covid ? A painless study, just look at the Medicare database.
You realize that Hydroxychloroquine and Dexamethasone are not the same thing right?

Old 07-07-2020, 01:25 PM

814 posts, read 676,702 times
yes, of course. I am only talking about the hated Trump (once) recommended drug.
the dex is only for last resort 'c - storm' sufferers

Old 07-07-2020, 01:32 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Its posts like the several above that make me realize how increadably screwed we are as a country and why.

You have one group of people that are actively rooting for the protests to fuel the virus and another group of people who want to say its 100% based on re-opening when we did and consequently rooting for that. People are rooting for this like one does for a sports team meanwhile the fodder from Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. just keeps piling high and reaffirming everyone's own ignorant opinions.

People are ascribing political views to the virus.

That doesnt mean I dont have my own views. Trump is to leadership what AIDS in 1983 was to life longevity. I HATE the guy and hes made this worse than it ever should have been because of his savage narcissism. The problem is that he alone is not to blame. The media (very much including the liberal garbage at CNN and MSNBC) is full of crap too just in a different way. They want to take down Trump and see the virus as a way of doing that (even as a left of center liberal I can fully acknowledge that). Fox is garbage but its always been garbage for the simple minded and uneducated, the difference is that CNN just decided to join them at the bottom of the barrel.

Our local politicians have failed us too. I respect Abbott because he was man enough to admit he was wrong and reverse course on what he originally set to do despite it being wildly unpopular among braindead conservatives. Compare him with the a$$clown DeSantis in Florida and you realize it could be worse for us in Texas. I respect Hidalgo for the similar reasons. She stood up to be counted in the face of opposition and was able to make unpopular but beneficial decisions.

The combo of Trump, a dishonest media, and our (at times) ridiculous and narcissistic culture makes it absolutely certain that nothing will change and we will ride this wave of death until the virus gets bored with us.

Ill gladly admit I was wrong about many things in the previous month. I thought heat and humidity would be our savior as it has been in other viruses: I WAS WRONG. But we have to be able to know when were wrong and change it and America as a nation SUCKS at that.
I feel literally exactly the same way. The media and politicians are using people via emotions and tribalism for political reasons, when all we need to be focused on is what needs to be done to beat this. Some people are being proudly ignorant in their determination not to take expert opinions, oftentimes with the stupid justification that "they were wrong before". People aren't rowing the same direction and we see the predictable results.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:58 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Ok, guys - this is HOUSTON forum.
General politics is off topic and will be deleted. Sorry.

Last edited by elnina; 07-07-2020 at 02:11 PM..

Old 07-08-2020, 11:56 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,262,211 times
Really? The governor and lieutenant governor have more pressing matters on their agenda than to attend their state party convention, even to make an in-person speech:

The Republican Party of Texas is moving forward with its controversial in-person convention during the coronavirus pandemic — but elected officials including Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will be giving their scheduled speeches virtually.. https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/07/texas-republican-party-convention-coronavirus-houston/

It seems they should role-model their trust in the safety protocols they’ve been boasting about and show up. Guess attendance is for suckers?

Old 07-08-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Really? The governor and lieutenant governor have more pressing matters on their agenda than to attend their state party convention, even to make an in-person speech:

The Republican Party of Texas is moving forward with its controversial in-person convention during the coronavirus pandemic — but elected officials including Gov. Greg Abbott and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will be giving their scheduled speeches virtually.. https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/07/texas-republican-party-convention-coronavirus-houston/

It seems they should role-model their trust in the safety protocols they’ve been boasting about and show up. Guess attendance is for suckers?
Look on the bright side. Maybe a bunch of them will get violently ill with it.

Old 07-08-2020, 01:00 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,262,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Look on the bright side. Maybe a bunch of them will get violently ill with it.
I’ve been saying all along that Trump is putting his own voters at risk.

Seriously I hope the convention is cancelled. I know Turner is lobbying for this. It seems irresponsible at this time for the attendees and the city.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:02 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I feel literally exactly the same way. The media and politicians are using people via emotions and tribalism for political reasons, when all we need to be focused on is what needs to be done to beat this. Some people are being proudly ignorant in their determination not to take expert opinions, oftentimes with the stupid justification that "they were wrong before". People aren't rowing the same direction and we see the predictable results.
We can't "beat this." We can slow it. This is a letter from a long list of prominent Canadian health officials saying things need to be opened up, but responsibly.

Open Letter - A Balanced Response
"The undersigned represent current and past leaders in public health, health care systems and academia. We are writing to you to with our thoughts regarding a balanced approach to dealing with COVID-19 We strongly believe that population health and equity are important considerations that must be applied to future decisions regarding pandemic management.

The current approach to dealing with COVID-19 carries significant risks to overall population health and threatens to increase inequities across the country. Aiming to prevent or contain every case of COVID-19 is simply no longer sustainable at this stage in the pandemic. <bold- mine> We need to accept that COVID-19 will be with us for some time and to find ways to deal with it....

We cannot sustain universal control measures indefinitely.

We need to accept that there will be cases and outbreaks of COVID-19. We need localized control measures that are risk-based. We should consistently reassess quarantine and isolation periods, recommendations for physical distancing and non-medical masks, and travel restrictions based on current best evidence and levels of risk...."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston