U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2015, 08:43 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,754 posts, read 16,559,740 times
Reputation: 2697

Advertisements

I've found The Grill in the Ammon Wal Mart Center to be a nice new breakfast spot!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2015, 11:03 AM
 
385 posts, read 441,149 times
Reputation: 136
^ I agree. Their omelets are very good and the price is right
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2015, 10:08 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,936,030 times
Reputation: 6270
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I've found The Grill in the Ammon Wal Mart Center to be a nice new breakfast spot!
I must agree, Cleosmom, and tmp4. Especially for the price, there was a variety of both lunch and breakfast food today around noon. I can't say I sat in the restaurant and ate my French toast, but I did look around and talked to the owners. This restaurant is open seven days/week from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It was clean, service was good, the people who asked me to come were split down the middle half got lunch and half got breakfast. Carmel French toast, or maybe waffles, was a huge hit with two. They have Clay Chowder on Fridays instead of Vegetable Soup.

I'd go back again, even for a takeout.

Yumm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2015, 12:51 AM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,176 posts, read 2,537,413 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I must agree, Cleosmom, and tmp4. Especially for the price, there was a variety of both lunch and breakfast food today around noon. I can't say I sat in the restaurant and ate my French toast, but I did look around and talked to the owners. This restaurant is open seven days/week from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It was clean, service was good, the people who asked me to come were split down the middle half got lunch and half got breakfast. Carmel French toast, or maybe waffles, was a huge hit with two. They have Clay Chowder on Fridays instead of Vegetable Soup.

I'd go back again, even for a takeout.

Yumm
Have to mark this post for Breakfast eatery to try. Sounds good thanks for the post.
Scott
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2015, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,754 posts, read 16,559,740 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Have to mark this post for Breakfast eatery to try. Sounds good thanks for the post.
Scott
And have you tried it yet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2015, 01:19 AM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,176 posts, read 2,537,413 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
And have you tried it yet?
Not yet cleosmom. The Wal-Mart out here, does not have the same Grill as in the Ammon Wal-Mart.
When i come out to visit will try it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,754 posts, read 16,559,740 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Not yet cleosmom. The Wal-Mart out here, does not have the same Grill as in the Ammon Wal-Mart.
When i come out to visit will try it!
Yeah, just noticed after posting, you've not arrived yet. Bear in mind, it's in the same parking lot, not inside the store
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2015, 12:48 AM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,176 posts, read 2,537,413 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Yeah, just noticed after posting, you've not arrived yet. Bear in mind, it's in the same parking lot, not inside the store
Thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2015, 02:35 AM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
25,680 posts, read 17,130,616 times
Reputation: 19612
I just ate at Gator Joe's for the first time, and found their cajun food to be excellent and the real deal. Years ago, I hung out with a couple of cajuns who were here for the summer, and they both cooked up a storm. I never thought I would ever taste real cajun in Idaho again after they left.

They introduced me to alligator, which is actually very tasty. Gator Joe's has it, and will add it to some of their dishes for another couple of dollars. To tell the truth, in a jambalaya, gator does taste like chicken, and with any jambalaya, its all in the rue, the flavoring base that's cooked up before the rice, shrimp, sausage and the veggies are all added in. A good rue is spicy, but not nearly as hot as most Mexican food; it should have a little kick, though, to make it right.

The next time I visit, I'm getting a po'boy, another cajun standard, a shrimp sandwich. If Joe's gets that one right, I'll probably become a regular. Good stuff, and a refreshing change from all the same-o that's available in all the big chain restaurants here. I hope they do well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,936,030 times
Reputation: 6270
A new gluten free store in Ammon. Someone please post after you visit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top