Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 12:03 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
oh, the low iq question of, "How many have you taken into your home"..that answer is around here somewhere, you have to find it, im not doing our work for you. I have no problem with the armed militia..I really dont.

Then bring it..see what happens. It's about high time that the people that came here when the native americans were here and their descendents learn a lesson.

There were no native Americans. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere. These Hondurans and others from south of our border are also descendants of the Europeans. Most have Spanish ancestors. Should we teach them a lesson also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 12:07 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,313,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'll let you know when you have the permission and the smarts to tell me what I think, mmmkay?

Again, how does one determine all this on the basis of an aerial photo of a caravan? Show us your brain.

Why, yes! I also know a lot of you who hire them to do work citizens won't. They sure are convenient for the lot of you who want to pay as little as possible for work even American citizens on welfare think they're too good for. I have broken bread with them. I'm pretty sure I've been served by plenty over the course of my lifetime. And I lived to tell about it. Not one has robbed, beaten or raped me either. You know who have? American citizens.
I'll let you know when you have the permission and the smarts to tell me who I hire to do work for me, mmmkay?

Hint: I, and the other hardworking, tax-paying, middle-class Americans that I identify with have never employed any illegal alien. I do most of my work myself and what I can't do goes to local American citizens who need and deserve the work.

Do you really buy into that tired, old, inaccurate stereotype that we "deplorables" are all wealthy, hire illegals, and stomp on the working guy? Dude...we ARE the working guy and your party is losing those of us who weren't already Republicans in droves. The time to realize this was a few years back before it was too late.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:40 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If they are well dressed and well fed would that not indicate the means to do so?
I don't care how they're dressed. They have not been invited. Seeing as how they've congregated together as a massive gang, I doubt they're willing to be turned away without a fuss.

Give them nothing when they arrive. No food. No water. Let them go backwards and find that in Mexico. We owe them nothing. Let them take the first swing before we engage our military.

Not one foot on American soil. Whatever crap and garbage they create, let it be created in Mexico, not here.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99

Then bring it..see what happens. It's about high time that the people that came here when the native americans were here and their descendents learn a lesson.

Lol, please. Your people can't even take care of the babies they have, let alone take care of or teach a mature society anything worth learning. [Indeed, Uncle Sam pays for well over half of these people to have their babies when they get here, and then takes care of all of their needs up through adult hood. Look it up. The government basically raises these kids. How utterly embarrassing.]

So nah bro, you aint teaching nobody ****.

Besdies, what's the lesson to be learned from a bunch of failed nations in Latin America? A collection of useless nations that are absolute unproductive and unnecessary ****holes with the highest murder and crime rates in the entire damned world? Central America could disappear tomorrow and the world wouldn't even know about it for all that region contributes to humanity.

No thanks. The descendants of the invaders to North America created the most powerful and prosperous country this world has ever seen. The Europeans also create the most equal and liberal societies on earth, protecting minorities better than anyone else. We aren't going to give that up in favor of turning into some garbage central American **** hole.

You all have a lot of lessons to learn yourselves before demanding anything or trying to take that which was built by someone else. Stay the hell out if that's your intention. You'll find more resistance than you think, as millions from all around the world have moved to the USA because it is the USA. Believe me, IMMIGRANTS in the US (legal ones) don't want to live in Mexico, Honduras, etc. Otherwise, they would have MOVED THERE.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:21 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There were no native Americans. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere. These Hondurans and others from south of our border are also descendants of the Europeans. Most have Spanish ancestors. Should we teach them a lesson also?

I love how this argument goes. The ancestors of the people in most of Mexico and Central America left north America for Central America thousands of years ago. They don't get to claim any right to an entire continent because their ancestors passed through at some point.

It's like an Irishman claiming a right to move to and settle in Russia because..what? "Also white"?

But we have to remember, we're not dealing with brain trusts here. Terrible schools and universities in Latin America.

We are very lucky in the US and Canada to have been colonized by the British in comparison to the Spanish and Portuguese, all things considered. Though Spain and Portugal are today wonderful places to live, they were absolute crap at running colonies and leaving legacies of law and institution.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
We are very lucky in the US and Canada to have been colonized by the British in comparison to the Spanish and Portuguese, all things considered. Though Spain and Portugal are today wonderful places to live, they were absolute crap at running colonies and leaving legacies of law and institution.
Tell that to the Demobrats.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:56 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,324 times
Odd timing this, very odd, perhaps.

Hummmmm.......

A hot "topic" being forced, just weeks before a critical election. Any chance, that once they get here (if they ever do) the democrats quickly usher them off to a "sanctuary-city", handing out voter registration paper work to fill out during the drive? Car-pool them to the polling station on the sixth, and then show them how to press "DEMOCRAT".

All very strange it is. Ten-thousand people, coming up here for a "better" life. But they deface and burn the flag of the country they wish to "visit" (occupy). And yet, they carry, proudly, the flag of Honduras, the country they've (been encouraged, paid to) run away from?

And the logistics?

Ten-thousand people don't just up and walk a thousand miles without copious support and encouragement.

These people are getting funded, already caught on video, Obi-girls running up and down the "caravan" (poorly disguised invasion) handing out money. Where'd the funding come from? Who's idea was THAT?

These people are eating three times a day, going to the bathroom twice a day and sleeping someplace every night. All this takes massive planning and support. It's NOT spontaneous and it DID NOT just "happen".

Look at the photos. How many show nearly all men, 15-30 years of age? Strange that. Just leave everyone else behind? Wasn't half the point to get "anchor babies" into the States? What? Where are the "Dreamers"?

How is it that the Mexican government allowed 5000, 10,000 people to cross their frontier with Honduras? Did they just happen to miss it? Or did they issue 10,000 transit visas? Are the leaders in Mexico so completely stupid as to directly aid and abet 10,000 people to knowingly and intentionally break the laws, en masse, of a foreign power by illegally crossing over the border of that country without that countries permission? Don't they realize that to do so is an act of war?

Surely they can't be that stupid! Can they?

Well, if the President doesn't do something perhaps the Typhoon will put a "damper" on it all, a bit.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:07 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,620 times
I think that if you're going to comment on illegal immigration, you should at least tell us where you live. I don't mean your street address, but maybe if we knew what area you're from, we could get an idea of why you think the way you do. We get our perceptions from our daily lives in our area. What you see around you is going to affect what you perceive a situation is. A lot of you go to great lengths to conceal where you live. I read a post and think, "why does that person feel that way? Where do they come from to have that outlook?" Since they don't have it listed in the location spot, I go to the profile to try to get an idea as to where they're coming from. If they don't list it there, I'm left wondering why do they hide where they're from? I understand the need for privacy, but they could at least share the state they're from.

For example, I live in a town in the Central Valley of California that is heavily impacted by immigrants. Someone from, say, Portland, Oregon will have an entirely different view of how these immigrants affect their lives....or don't affect their lives.

Question for those of you who want to let the immigrants in: will it affect the town you live in, or will some other town be taking the brunt of the impact?

Old 10-23-2018, 03:49 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If they are well dressed and well fed would that not indicate the means to do so?
What are you getting at? You make no sense.

They are well dressed and well fed. If you don't know what that means, I'll tell you. It means that they are not starving and desperate. Period.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Nah, it really doesn't. Trump's response, and overall behavior, is getting the left, and even some of the right, really motivated to vote your vermin out. Here, locally, the first day of voting has seen triple the numbers. Trump is scared. Very scared.

Show us your brain. How did you make that determination from an aerial photo of a caravan?
There are close up photos of the caravan. Do some googling.

Why are you cheering on an invasion of functionally illiterate plus unskilled people? Why are you cheering an invasion filled with people who claim they want to get out of Hondurans yet they still fly their flag? Why are you cheering on an invasion that has people painting swastikas on US flags then burning them? Why are you cheering on an invasion filled with people who forced their way into Mexico while badly injuring police officers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration