Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
I say that if we are to deport the illegal immigrants, a $100 tax be assessed on every American's paycheck ($100 per month). This could cover the cost of deporting the illegals, and if there's anything left over, it could be used to to pay down the debt and lend support to the industries that would be squashed by such a move.
why not borrow from china/federal reserve like every other american backed project?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 05:46 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Yeah but who's going to pick it?
Folks that currently collect welfare because the illegals all get the jobs.

I dont see the problem. Make a nationwide public service announcement on all the broadcast stations, in all the print media & anything else publicly viewable that ALL illegal aliens have 90 days to get out. Those that dont go to prison & work for their keep. They can pick lettuce. or we can deport them & bill Mexico for letting them thru.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:50 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
Your comments about national advertising brings to mind the method a nationally known carnival group uses to attract employees. They advertise in different papers nation-wide and gets hundreds of legal immigrants and Americans who travel with them throughout the US. The potential employees call the number, get hired pretty much over the phone, beg and borrow money to get bus fare to get here, some get rejected, some get accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Folks that currently collect welfare because the illegals all get the jobs.

I dont see the problem. Make a nationwide public service announcement on all the broadcast stations, in all the print media & anything else publicly viewable that ALL illegal aliens have 90 days to get out. Those that dont go to prison & work for their keep. They can pick lettuce. or we can deport them & bill Mexico for letting them thru.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:14 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Emphasis now is on deterrence, which is proving costly. Estimates for the construction of a 15-foot-high double fence between the U.S. and Mexico range from $1 million to as much as $70 million per mile. The border is 2,000 miles long.

I wouldn't cost near that much if we used illegals to build it

Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,442 times
Quote:
I say that if we are to deport the illegal immigrants, a $100 tax be assessed on every American's paycheck ($100 per month). This could cover the cost of deporting the illegals, and if there's anything left over, it could be used to to pay down the debt and lend support to the industries that would be squashed by such a move.
We should see what the trend in the states passing employers of illegals sanction laws accomplishes first. These laws that require mandatory e-verification of the legal status of employees seem to produce mass exoduses of illegals in the states that pass them. All at little cost to taxpayers.

Why should American taxpayers have to pay to deport illegals? Why not make scumbag employers of illegals pony up the money? The scumbag employers of illegals were the only ones that ever profited from the so called cheap subsidized illegal labor and were the ones that bought off the corrupt fed gov into not enforcing immigration laws in the first place, which let in the flood of illegals, making the scumbag employers of illegals mostly responsible for the illegal Mexican invasion. American taxpayers ponying up money for any scumbag employers of illegals that would be hurt by the kicking out illegals is the most laughable thing I've heard this week.

If scumbag employers of illegals can't stay in business without illegal labor, they need to go out of business anyway. They're just muddying up the water for their competition that doesn't employ illegals.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,948 times
I would love it if all the illegals were gone tomorrow.
Then we can all witness and ***** about the price of services going up. The price of fruit through the roof. But Im sure we'd all find someone else to blame. Thats what us Americans are good for, pointing the finger somewhere to blame and ganging up together to rationalize that your putting the blame where it "should be."

Last edited by wesside; 07-13-2008 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: ds

Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM

299 posts, read 547,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I would love it if all the illegals were gone tomorrow.
Then we can all witness and ***** about the price of services going up. The price of fruit through the roof. But Im sure we'd all find someone else to blame. Thats what us Americans are good for, pointing the finger somewhere to blame and ganging up together to rationalize that your putting the blame where it "should be."
Then those of us who grow a lot of our own food could sell some to people like you and others who can't do anything for themselves. I would rather pay a higher price for anything rather than pay cheapo prices for illegal labor, but then the prices wouldn't go up as much as you would like to believe.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:34 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Yeah but who's going to pick it?
You seem to assume that only illegals pick crops which is actually not true, and you seem to assume that all farm workers are illegals which also is not true.

Out of fewer than 2 million total agricultural workers about 25% are here illegally. So what do we do with fewer than 500,000 jobs nationwide? Hire as many unemployed or welfare-collecting American citizens first and then if needed bring in more legal temporary workers. Since fewer than 500,000 jobs in agriculture are what we're talking about, I would tend to believe there could be that many citizens and legal immigrants available to fill them.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Get the money from those who got rich by bringing in cheap illegal workers. Fine the employers of illegals.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,111 times
<<But like illegal labor that is considered to be slave labor too isn't it? >>

Give the prisoners a choice---Work, and make some money, or sit in your cell, it's up to you.

There are millions on welfare who are perfectly able to work. Stop making welfare financially more attractive than work. Put a cap on it. After 2 kids, no more increases in the monthly check. I'm talking about those on welfare who keep popping out babies. If there's an unrelated able bodied man living in the house (boyfriend) cut the payments by half. I see no reason taxpayers should be supporting those freeloaders. Don't tell me about how the kids will suffer. Just the threat of cutting their benefits will be enough to get the boyfriend looking for a new place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration