Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 06:17 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Force them to self deport. Hammer the employers. Make them pay big time when caught.
Hammer the land lords make them pay big time when caught.
Hammer the illegals. Sieze their assets to help pay for the cost of deportation.
Hammer the facilitators. You house an illegal you pay for it, you hire an illegal you pay for it.
Make it to costly to be involved with the illegals and the work will go away.
Remove any rewards for the illegals and they will not come here and those who are here will leave.
In theory - that all sounds good.

Are you aware that (at least in this state) companies have limited resources to verify Social Security cards and ID and many states have made it worse by giving them state ID which should be ONLY for the legal citizens.

How can it be combated when sanctuary cities like San Fransisco disregard the laws of our country?

In my opinion - the American government needs to force cities like that to removed from the USA (cut off ALL federal dollars to any organisation and individual that reside in their confines) - but you think this administration would EVER do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
you are worried about taxes being spent? wait for UHC ...

What do you propose? DEPORTATION of all illegals? bet it would cost a LOT in taxes to pay that bill!

It's gone too far ... deporting is no longer a viable solution at all!

So .... who here (besides me) has a solution? Complaining about it won't fix it!

unless this is JUST ANOTHER typical tears in the beer forum session!
Deportation IS still quite a viable option-----------unless you are hiding something.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:

Are you aware that (at least in this state) companies have limited resources to verify Social Security cards and ID and many states have made it worse by giving them state ID which should be ONLY for the legal citizens.

How can it be combated when sanctuary cities like San Fransisco disregard the laws of our country?

In my opinion - the American government needs to force cities like that to removed from the USA (cut off ALL federal dollars to any organisation and individual that reside in their confines) - but you think this administration would EVER do that?
If Washington were serious cracking down on illegals and their enablers (and that is fast approaching); they could cut off funding to Frisco as well as stripping cities like that of their local governing powers.

Remember the Civil Rights Movement of 50 years ago? Substitute coddling illegal aliens for Jim Crow and one catches my drift.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Deportation IS still quite a viable option-----------unless you are hiding something.
It's not what I am hiding at all ...

when you look at all the componants required to deport them from ALL over the USA.

CONSIDER THIS: There are 3,141 counties in the United States - of which the probability that every one has illegals. (SOURCE FOR COUNTY COUNT)

first you have to figure out which ones are illegal ... many legals don't speak English - that won't be a tip or clue!

What will it take to verify that?
  • manpower (law enforcement) which isn't $10.00 per hour - The average pay scale ranges from $30,070 to $79,680 for each Law Enforcement officer.
    (WAGE INFO SOURCE) - if there was ONLY 1 officer (no boss to help) at bottom pay for every county would cost a total per year of $94,449,870.00 - seriously one low level police officer would not be able to handle all that! IF YOU HIRED just 15 per county the pay alone would be about 1.5 billion a year.
    That does not include anything else - just manpower - no transportation (According to the Oregon State Police, the 2006 Ford cost $29600 when fully equipped {1 per county = $92,973,600.00} - SOURCE) , no computers, no computer network links, no weapons for law enforcement protection - nothing just a barely educated law enforcement body.
  • Nation computer database - connecting enough computers in every county to allow every cop to access the database will cost millions.

Now lets add jail space to house those who were picked up (In Fiscal Year 2005-06, it cost $19002 a year or $52.06 a day to feed, clothe, house prisoners in Florida {SOURCE}) ... in many places there is NOT enough space to house all those that actually get caught. Besides space, there is jail clothing, bedding, food, and additional transportation in case someone gets hurt or sick - by law we are required to provide that!

Then - you have to get them back to their native country.
You can bet that Mexico would NOT allow the USA to dump a bunch of illegals from other countries on their side of the border.

Then we need to plug the route across the border ... how? More law enforcement? That by itself can be very expensive!

Now - let me ask you this ... have you EVER tried your hand at picking oranges in Florida?

Trust me when I say this - very few non seasonal workers could ever make enough to live on doing that - I am a fairly decent work focused person and I left at lunch time! No WAY in the world I would ever go back out there!
As much as I love oranges - I'll let you get your own!

With ALL that said ... there is another solution which will pay for itself (no I am not Obama)

They need to register with a labor office (be photographed and finger printed) and entered into a data base like a police record where they get a labor card to purchase EVERY MONTH.
The revenue will pay to house and deport those who STILL want to be here illegally and compensate for the additional payroll to set this up in every state and most counties.

It also allows us to know who's finger prints may be at a crime scene to be able to apprehend another group of criminals which are slipping through the cracks and getting away with it.

See? that allows people who want to do good for their families in the poorer nations of the new world while being a functioning part of our nations progress.

If they are in here with a card - they will be able to expect better wages which make it fair for all people seeking a livable employment.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
It's not what I am hiding at all ...

when you look at all the componants required to deport them from ALL over the USA.

CONSIDER THIS: There are 3,141 counties in the United States - of which the probability that every one has illegals. (SOURCE FOR COUNTY COUNT)

first you have to figure out which ones are illegal ... many legals don't speak English - that won't be a tip or clue!

What will it take to verify that?
  • manpower (law enforcement) which isn't $10.00 per hour - The average pay scale ranges from $30,070 to $79,680 for each Law Enforcement officer.
    (WAGE INFO SOURCE) - if there was ONLY 1 officer (no boss to help) at bottom pay for every county would cost a total per year of $94,449,870.00 - seriously one low level police officer would not be able to handle all that! IF YOU HIRED just 15 per county the pay alone would be about 1.5 billion a year.
    That does not include anything else - just manpower - no transportation (According to the Oregon State Police, the 2006 Ford cost $29600 when fully equipped {1 per county = $92,973,600.00} - SOURCE) , no computers, no computer network links, no weapons for law enforcement protection - nothing just a barely educated law enforcement body.
  • Nation computer database - connecting enough computers in every county to allow every cop to access the database will cost millions.

Now lets add jail space to house those who were picked up (In Fiscal Year 2005-06, it cost $19002 a year or $52.06 a day to feed, clothe, house prisoners in Florida {SOURCE}) ... in many places there is NOT enough space to house all those that actually get caught. Besides space, there is jail clothing, bedding, food, and additional transportation in case someone gets hurt or sick - by law we are required to provide that!

Then - you have to get them back to their native country.
You can bet that Mexico would NOT allow the USA to dump a bunch of illegals from other countries on their side of the border.

Then we need to plug the route across the border ... how? More law enforcement? That by itself can be very expensive!

Now - let me ask you this ... have you EVER tried your hand at picking oranges in Florida?

Trust me when I say this - very few non seasonal workers could ever make enough to live on doing that - I am a fairly decent work focused person and I left at lunch time! No WAY in the world I would ever go back out there!
As much as I love oranges - I'll let you get your own!

With ALL that said ... there is another solution which will pay for itself (no I am not Obama)

They need to register with a labor office (be photographed and finger printed) and entered into a data base like a police record where they get a labor card to purchase EVERY MONTH.
The revenue will pay to house and deport those who STILL want to be here illegally and compensate for the additional payroll to set this up in every state and most counties.

It also allows us to know who's finger prints may be at a crime scene to be able to apprehend another group of criminals which are slipping through the cracks and getting away with it.

See? that allows people who want to do good for their families in the poorer nations of the new world while being a functioning part of our nations progress.

If they are in here with a card - they will be able to expect better wages which make it fair for all people seeking a livable employment.
It is time to find out whether said illegal aliens can be deported en masse. With our high (and growing) unemployment rate----------it should be quite easy

Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is time to find out whether said illegal aliens can be deported en masse. With our high (and growing) unemployment rate----------it should be quite easy
Look at the stats I compiled - where is the cost coming from? I can't afford more taxes ... I am almost bankrupt ... AGAIN!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:

I agree 100% with your entire post..

Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Stripping cities of their local governing powers, with a federal takeover...?
Agreed. It would be much better to simply cut off fed money until the offending city, town or state stepped up to the plate.
Money is the answer. Cut off the porl and other fed money that these places depend upon and they will come around in a hurry.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
In today's ultra tight college market, low wage jobs don't cut it. Teens and college students are looking for jobs that relate to their field of study. Or at least marginally relate to their field of study. Internships or extracurriculars are MUCH needed to break into the tough job market as a young person. Same for the tight university race going on... Competition is rough out there.
How many go to College? 30 million? I can't remember the current number but it's not that high. Even if it was 30% that leaves a ton of people out there to pick and choose from. If Ilegals weren't depressing the wage market, by default, they would go up.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How many go to College? 30 million? I can't remember the current number but it's not that high. Even if it was 30% that leaves a ton of people out there to pick and choose from. If Ilegals weren't depressing the wage market, by default, they would go up.
Roughly 27% of Americans aged 25 and older have a four year degree. The 2010 census data might be about 30% or so. With that said, about half of the nation has some college education (self reported, meaning that this may include a person going to only one class).

We don't know whether or not they truly are depressing the wage market. There are too many conflicting reports. Not to mention how hard it is to determine whether or not wage depression happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration