Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
With our high unemployment rate: your hypotheses are moot--------and, that is not counting the slap in the face to those of us who play by the rules.
No, it's not AZBear....in a sense, please fully read the post before commenting. The majority was how a SHRIKING TAX BASE will adversely affect communities. You would not take issue with this by stating something that HELPS AFFIRM my hypothesis.

The SECOND paragraph took into consideration the high unemployment rate.

If you don't understand ask, before you post something that is remarkably off the mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 06:33 PM

If you are taking issue with the last sentence, which I can only assume, it is taking account to the fact that most people are looking for employment that roughly matches their previous level. People TEND to try not to look below their station. This is simply because they would lose A LOT if they looked below their setpoint (determined by the amount they owe).

Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,704,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
If all the illegals were to go tomorrow......the US would survive. Mexico on the other hand would be a nightmare. Talk about chickens coming home to roost!

And yes, I said it. I said 'Mexico' as Mexico is at the forefront of illegal border crossers. It doesn't make me racist, or bigoted. I am pointing out a fact. If the majority of people who are in this country illegally are not Mexican, please let me know.
Mexico would only have a part time problem, about half of the border crossers are not from Mexico. They are from other poorer Latin American Countries.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:48 PM

807 posts, read 1,303,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Mexico would only have a part time problem, about half of the border crossers are not from Mexico. They are from other poorer Latin American Countries.
What spin! Statistics have shown time and time again that a vast MAJORITY of illegal immigration is from Mexico..

Old 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,308,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I would love it if all the illegals were gone tomorrow.
Then we can all witness and ***** about the price of services going up. The price of fruit through the roof. But Im sure we'd all find someone else to blame. Thats what us Americans are good for, pointing the finger somewhere to blame and ganging up together to rationalize that your putting the blame where it "should be."
I have no problem paying slightly more for services if it means my taxes no longer fund medicare, welfare, social security, for illegals; if it means emptier roads, English spoken everywhere; cleaner neighborhoods; less gang members; jobs for American Kids; No I have no problems paying a little more if I could once again live in the United States of America and not a third world country. Wise up.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
No, it's not AZBear....in a sense, please fully read the post before commenting. The majority was how a SHRIKING TAX BASE will adversely affect communities. You would not take issue with this by stating something that HELPS AFFIRM my hypothesis.

The SECOND paragraph took into consideration the high unemployment rate.

If you don't understand ask, before you post something that is remarkably off the mark.
Bottom line: most Americans do not want illegal aliens polluting our neighborhoods..........they are a net liability in my own life.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: most Americans do not want illegal aliens polluting our neighborhoods..........they are a net liability in my own life.
Whether or not people want them vs. the consequences of them being gone are two different things. Many do not want healthcare reform, yet we see that this is needed.

Bottom line is that there are some considerations that need to be addressed, that's all. And in your own life, I highly doubt that they are a net liability. I doubt that you have directly been affected by illegal immigrants. Direct to the point that you can put blame on the action to solely them being illegal. Nothing else.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Whether or not people want them vs. the consequences of them being gone are two different things. Many do not want healthcare reform, yet we see that this is needed.

Bottom line is that there are some considerations that need to be addressed, that's all. And in your own life, I highly doubt that they are a net liability. I doubt that you have directly been affected by illegal immigrants. Direct to the point that you can put blame on the action to solely them being illegal. Nothing else.
Hmmmm. Bottom line is that even if 1 fellow american has been harmed by illegal immigration that is 1 too many. I don't need to have my job stolen by an illegal to feel the ire. If only that were the only issue.
ID theft, tax evasion and the host of other crimes illegals commit comes into play.
For example. How many US citizens fall victim to violent crimes committed by illegals each year? The answer is too many.
I know I know, but we have legals who are criminals too. So what, We don't need to add to that burden.
The question of weather any of us have been a victim is irrelevent. The fact is that 100% of all US citizens are a victim by default of taxes being spent to facilitate, combat, and to deport illegals. We are all victims to some degree.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:56 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,508 times
you are worried about taxes being spent? wait for UHC ...

What do you propose? DEPORTATION of all illegals? bet it would cost a LOT in taxes to pay that bill!

It's gone too far ... deporting is no longer a viable solution at all!

So .... who here (besides me) has a solution? Complaining about it won't fix it!

unless this is JUST ANOTHER typical tears in the beer forum session!

Old 09-29-2009, 06:02 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
you are worried about taxes being spent? wait for UHC ...

What do you propose? DEPORTATION of all illegals? bet it would cost a LOT in taxes to pay that bill!

It's gone too far ... deporting is no longer a viable solution at all!

So .... who here (besides me) has a solution? Complaining about it won't fix it!

unless this is JUST ANOTHER typical tears in the beer forum session!
Force them to self deport. Hammer the employers. Make them pay big time when caught.
Hammer the land lords make them pay big time when caught.
Hammer the illegals. Sieze their assets to help pay for the cost of deportation.
Hammer the facilitators. You house an illegal you pay for it, you hire an illegal you pay for it.
Make it to costly to be involved with the illegals and the work will go away.
Remove any rewards for the illegals and they will not come here and those who are here will leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration