Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I love the way that some folks on this forum insist on calling illegal aliens "immigrants." Immigrants come to this country legally, no matter where they come from. Y'all need to learn the difference.

By the way, I notice that there have been absolutely NO pro-illegal visitors to my thread regarding the Lakota Nation. All that noise about compassion for illegals simply doesn't extend to Americans, now does it?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM

63 posts, read 125,765 times
Quote:
I love the way that some folks on this forum insist on calling illegal aliens "immigrants." Immigrants come to this country legally, no matter where they come from. Y'all need to learn the difference.

By the way, I notice that there have been absolutely NO pro-illegal visitors to my thread regarding the Lakota Nation. All that noise about compassion for illegals simply doesn't extend to Americans, now does it?
And by the way, I disagree with using a charitable cause to spite people. Any help you are doing for that situation is negated by how you are trying to throw it in people's face. Not very humble.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:36 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by word21 View Post
And by the way, I disagree with using a charitable cause to spite people. Any help you are doing for that situation is negated by how you are trying to throw it in people's face. Not very humble.
On the contrary.

Pro-illegal alien protaganists continually hop from thread to thread in this topic claiming that illegal immigration is all about compassion for those less fortunate.

My retort is always that we need to take care of our fellow citizens in this country that need our assistance before we offer it to others. The response I generally get is that they have no problem being charitable at home. I've provided an opportunity for these people to put their money where their mouths are WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE.

If it weren't so pitiful, it would be humorous.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Quote:
The "issue" in the story is "IMMIGRANT", not "ILLEGAL".
Then who is the "Anti-Immigrants"?
You provoked this and your getting just what you wanted!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Instead of acknowledging a lynching that is due to the mentality that you guys propagate, you get angry that it's merely brought up?
And there's an attacking tone to your posts. Interesting. You seem to be very bitter people.
We propagate?

We?

Not much generalization and assumption on your part there, is there sparky?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
The "issue" in the story is "IMMIGRANT", not "ILLEGAL".
Sorry - you've come to the wrong place.

We LOVE legal immigrants.

Not so fond of ILLEGAL immigration.

If you want to find someone who dislikes your everyday, run of the mill legal immigrant, you're going to have to look elsewhere.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:40 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Instead of acknowledging a lynching that is due to the mentality that you guys propagate, you get angry that it's merely brought up?
And there's an attacking tone to your posts. Interesting. You seem to be very bitter people.
Can you really blame us for being bitter?! Illegals are ruining our neighborhoods, burdening our schools, and getting better treatment from the US and local govts than Americans are. straight i'm bitter.

BTW, i dont tolerate hate crime murders regardless of who the target is.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
On the contrary.

Pro-illegal alien protaganists continually hop from thread to thread in this topic claiming that illegal immigration is all about compassion for those less fortunate.

My retort is always that we need to take care of our fellow citizens in this country that need our assistance before we offer it to others. The response I generally get is that they have no problem being charitable at home. I've provided an opportunity for these people to put their money where their mouths are WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE.

If it weren't so pitiful, it would be humorous.
I don't think it has as much to do with the cause, as the person presenting it.
This is, after all, an immigration thread, so of course you're going to hear about compassion regarding immigration.
You have no idea what charity people do, or what they care about.

But by trying to get a response by taunting people, you're going to get ignored. Ignored to the point where you feel like you have to hijack other threads(like this one) to get a response(trolling?).
In reality, it probably isn't doing the charity very much good, since you're turning off people that would probably be willing to donate.

It's kind of tacky to present a charity in that way, patting yourself on the back, and attacking those on the opposite side of an argument irrelevant to the charity itself.

I don't see it as you "sticking it" to the "pro-illegals". It just makes you look kind of spiteful.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Can you really blame us for being bitter?! Illegals are ruining our neighborhoods, burdening our schools, and getting better treatment from the US and local govts than Americans are. straight i'm bitter.

BTW, i dont tolerate hate crime murders regardless of who the target is.
And I'm sure you have plenty to be bitter about. The quality of life in the United States is certainly as, if not more, difficult than most of the world.
I do understand how someone bringing up a lynching could outrage someone that has real problems in their life. Like waiting all day in the emergency room, pressing 1 for English, seeing day laborers on the corner.
I agree..it was pretty selfish of that Hispanic immigrant to bring that upon himself when people like yourself are going through so much.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:54 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
OUCH!
Back at ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.