Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:57 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by word21 View Post
Instead of acknowledging a lynching that is due to the mentality that you guys propagate, you get angry that it's merely brought up?
And there's an attacking tone to your posts. Interesting. You seem to be very bitter people.
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm too busy weeping for the Americans who have been raped, shot, stabbed, had their identities stolen and continue to die at the hands of people who have no right to be here.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
I am ashamed to live on Long Island where this has taken place. This was a lovely man who was murdered by vicious teenagers for no reason whatsoever. I don't understand what they were thinking.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM

63 posts, read 125,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Then who is the "Anti-Immigrants"?
You provoked this and your getting just what you wanted!
Um.................................the people who killed the man? This thread is about the article, not your insecurities.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Sorry - you've come to the wrong place.

We LOVE legal immigrants.

Not so fond of ILLEGAL immigration.

If you want to find someone who dislikes your everyday, run of the mill legal immigrant, you're going to have to look elsewhere.
This thread is about immigration right?
And the man killed was an immigrant.

This thread is about that story. If you feel insecure, and feel like its being directed towards you, you should go through some of the many other threads. That way, you won't rack up so many personal attacks to be reported.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm too busy weeping for the Americans who have been raped, shot, stabbed, had their identities stolen and continue to die at the hands of people who have no right to be here.
So that justifies a hate crime against a Hispanic immigrant?
Or makes it unimportant?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
This I will say:

Being that Marcelo was here legally--------I hope to God that those terrorists who murdered him are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Note though I am extremely anti illegal immigrant (but I do not condone violence against them either over and beyond apprehending them for ICE)

Old 11-11-2008, 04:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,412,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by word21 View Post
So that justifies a hate crime against a Hispanic immigrant?
Or makes it unimportant?
Please don't twist my words to suit your needs. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Again, I am too busy mourning the loss of the thousands of Americans who have lost their lives as a result of this illegal alien invasion.

For the record the alleged victim was an ILLEGAL ALIEN whose green card had expired years ago.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Please don't twist my words to suit your needs. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. Again, I am too busy mourning the loss of the thousands of Americans who have lost their lives as a result of this illegal alien invasion.

For the record the alleged victim was an ILLEGAL ALIEN whose green card had expired years ago.
Thats what you seem to be implying though isn't it? Isn't that what your anger and your voice in this thread has been about?
This murder isn't worth mentioning? Or that guy has nothing to complain about because youre upset over unrelated crimes? Get over yourself.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:26 PM

From Newsday and Long Island news sources

Quote:
They told police they wanted to beat up someone who looked Hispanic.
That was the motive, police said, that a mob of seven young men had in mind when they attacked a Patchogue man, who ended up being stabbed to death minutes before midnight Saturday, Suffolk police said.
"These individuals told detectives that they were looking to beat someone of Latino heritage," said Det. Lt Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of the homicide squad, adding that the victim, Marcello Lucero, 37, is of Ecuadorian descent.
Fitzpatrick said the seven suspects drove around Patchogue searching for victims and found Lucero and another Ecuadorian man.
Quote:
The horrible murder (http://www.longislandwins.com/blog/in_the_news/more_details_emerge_in_suffolk.php - broken link)of Marcello Lucero is the latest (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-lihate1111,0,5263635.story - broken link)and deadliest of a series of anti-immigrant attacks in Suffolk County. The seven young men charged in the attack come from an area a few miles south of the hamlet of Farmingville, the epicenter of anti-immigrant organizing on Long Island. Farmingville (http://www.longislandwins.com/blog/the_farmingville_crucible_i_gu_1.php - broken link)first gained national attention in 2000 when two young men abducted a pair of Mexican day laborers and tried to beat them to death. It was in the headlines again a few years later when five high school students burned down the house of a Latino family, whose sleeping occupants barely escaped with their lives.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
I just don't understand what is wrong with those kids. One was even black and another was hispanic himself. I guess it is some kind of crowd mentality. Nothing will bring back the life of the man who was murdered, however.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration