Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by word21 View Post
Apathy or hate? You seem to be very interested in illegal aliens.

Your words are disturbing, and are laced with paranoia, hate, and irony.
"Their words and actions"?
You see them as one large connected group, and that's your first mistake. Your second is thinking only the worst of their intentions.
Your words remind me of German sentiment towards Jews before the Nazis.
Behind every one of them is organized crime?? Insane.

I don't doubt you'd gladly join any kind of "Kristallnacht" if you had the chance. Along with a couple of others on here.
And your words seem to indicate that you feel that the needs of the illegals out weigh the needs of our ownlegal citizens. I beg to differ. You keep bringing race into the conversation. First with hispanic now with Jews. I for one don't give a damn what race the illegal is. I give a damn that they have no respect for our laws, our rights as a nation or about the harm they do to the communities the intrude themselves upon.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:48 PM

63 posts, read 125,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How many illegals have killed legal americans? Drunk driving? Robbery gone bad? Robbery gone right but no witnesses allowed? Drugs? Rape? Carjacking? Burglary?Gang violence?
How many americans must be victimized by illegals before they rate the same compassion as the occasional illegal victim?
They do get the same compassion, but in this case, it was a Hispanic immigrant(legal or illegal, not yet proved).

We're not talking about all the other people who have died. We're talking about THIS case.

When anyone is murdered, should we say, "well, look at all these other people who have been killed!".

Old 11-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Leave the race card out of this.
What race card? Stating his ethnicity?
The race card was already thrown when he was murdered FOR being Hispanic.
You're like a robot. All you can say is "I'm reporting you" or "Race card! Race Card!".
Open your eyes.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
NO EXCUSE whether or not he was!
It is not his responsibility for being lynched if he was here illegally.
It is no one's fault for being murdered like that!
That's like saying it's understandable for an unlicensed driver to be intentionally run off the road and off a cliff. "Well, he should never have been driving!".

IF he is illegal(I have only heard that from Jdubsmom so far...haven't seen a link), he has some responsibility if he gets ARRESTED. But beaten and stabbed to death by a mob who wanted to go "beaner jumping"?
That is not what I said. I said that he is also a victim of his own crimes. Never said he deserved it, never said it was excusable, never said that it was understandable. That is the problem with many pro-illegals. They make many excuses why its okay that the illegal is here breaking our laws. Many excuses why our system forced them to break laws and even excuses why we should grant amnesty and reward their criminal behavior as opposed to punishing it.
The better analogy would be if an unlicenced driver is killed in an accident with another unlicenced driver. Does it really matter who crossed the double yellow? What matters is neither belonged on the road. Both put all licenced drivers at risk. So in essence they both authored their own downfalls. Had they bothered to obey the laws neither would have been in a position to harm others.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
And your words seem to indicate that you feel that the needs of the illegals out weigh the needs of our ownlegal citizens. I beg to differ. You keep bringing race into the conversation. First with hispanic now with Jews. I for one don't give a damn what race the illegal is. I give a damn that they have no respect for our laws, our rights as a nation or about the harm they do to the communities the intrude themselves upon.
And how do you get that?

And pardon me for "bringing race into the conversation", when the man was murdered BECAUSE of his race!

You people are amazing.
Someone posts an article in the immigration section about an immigrant being lynched, and half of you get hot and bothered, and the other half swear it has to do with the importance of illegals being murdered versus citizens getting murdered! And can anyone post a link that the man was illegal, lest it become assumptions?

It isn't that illegals being murdered is more important than citizens getting murdered, it's that you guys think a murder of a good man is less important because what you THINK his citizenship is. They might as well be dogs to you guys.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
And how do you get that?

And pardon me for "bringing race into the conversation", when the man was murdered BECAUSE of his race!

You people are amazing.
Someone posts an article in the immigration section about an immigrant being lynched, and half of you get hot and bothered, and the other half swear it has to do with the importance of illegals being murdered versus citizens getting murdered! And can anyone post a link that the man was illegal, lest it become assumptions?

It isn't that illegals being murdered is more important than citizens getting murdered, it's that you guys think a murder of a good man is less important because what you THINK his citizenship is. They might as well be dogs to you guys.
Do they have a signed confession stating that to be their motivation in the crime? The police state that they were looking for a hispanic to kill but no further evidence to back up the statement. It could be that the police are guessing. They have been known to guess at motive from time to time.
As I said how many times now. The mans death was tragic and those found guilty deserve the absolute max penalty.
I'm sorry for his loss and feel it brings shame to all americans.
That said if he was here illegally then he is no saint and has victimized us as a nation. One does not make the other acceptable. His murder does not change his status. As I have said (IF) he was illegal. His being a possible illegal did not warrent his murder and those guilty should burn for it.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:04 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Apathy or hate? You seem to be very interested in illegal aliens.

Your words are disturbing, and are laced with paranoia, hate, and irony.
"Their words and actions"?
You see them as one large connected group, and that's your first mistake. Your second is thinking only the worst of their intentions.
Your words remind me of German sentiment towards Jews before the Nazis.
Behind every one of them is organized crime?? Insane.

I don't doubt you'd gladly join any kind of "Kristallnacht" if you had the chance. Along with a couple of others on here.
First of all, let me say that the loss of any innocent human life is tragic. No one deserves to be hurt or killed simply because of the color of their skin or their citizen statis. And my prayers go out to the families of the fallen, both legal and illegal. Now, with that said I will begin my post.

Like it or not often times groups of people are labeled by the actions of the few. It is the sentiment of many on these forums that all black people like to steal. Is this true? No. But is it a stereotype which is alive and well in mainstream America? Yes.

Is there any truth to the statements being made about these illegals. Yes. Does it apply to all of them. Of course not. But that still does not change the fact that all "illegals" are criminals here breaking our laws. So saying that "all illegal immigrants" are criminals would certainly be a true statement.

Also, comparing sentiment directed at "illegals" to Jews is quite a stretch. Unlike the "illegals" invading our country, the Jewish people were legal residents of the countries which were subsequently occupied. Then the Jewish people were singled out for deportation and extermination. No one here has ever suggested any action of this kind as far as I know. Most just want the "illegals" to go back to their own country. Once home, they can start the legal process of coming to America. It is their lack of respect for our system of laws which fosters these "bad feelings" we so often see vented on this forum.

In closing, I would simply say that We, the People have spoken and we do not want this massive illegal presence here in the United States. There are literally millions of Americans out of work right now who would have no trouble finding work if the millions of jobs occupied by illegals were available. If you really wish to do these people a service, go out and encourage them to take the high road and get on track to becoming a real citizen of this country. You are not helping them by making excuses or by attacking Americans who simply want the invading force to leave.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM

638 posts, read 1,849,091 times
Quote:
Nope . . smears of being a Nazi are just that, quaint, and they don't work on people like me. I'm not dumbed down with political correctness. Numb? Yes, having been called a racist so many times it doesn't matter anymore. And no offense to such organizations are you are referring me to, but they'd have to raise their level of intellect before I could have a discussion with them. They just don't recruit people like me, sorry.

You, on the other hand, maybe.

Those words should disturb you . . illegal aliens have cultivated apathy.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
First of all, let me say that the loss of any innocent human life is tragic. No one deserves to be hurt or killed simply because of the color of their skin or their citizen statis. And my prayers go out to the families of the fallen, both legal and illegal. Now, with that said I will begin my post.

Like it or not often times groups of people are labeled by the actions of the few. It is the sentiment of many on these forums that all black people like to steal. Is this true? No. But is it a stereotype which is alive and well in mainstream America? Yes.

Is there any truth to the statements being made about these illegals. Yes. Does it apply to all of them. Of course not. But that still does not change the fact that all "illegals" are criminals here breaking our laws. So saying that "all illegal immigrants" are criminals would certainly be a true statement.

Also, comparing sentiment directed at "illegals" to Jews is quite a stretch. Unlike the "illegals" invading our country, the Jewish people were legal residents of the countries which were subsequently occupied. Then the Jewish people were singled out for deportation and extermination. No one here has ever suggested any action of this kind as far as I know. Most just want the "illegals" to go back to their own country. Once home, they can start the legal process of coming to America. It is their lack of respect for our system of laws which fosters these "bad feelings" we so often see vented on this forum.

In closing, I would simply say that have spoken and we do not want this massive illegal presence here in the United States. There are literally millions of Americans out of work right now who would have no trouble finding work if the millions of jobs occupied by illegals were available. If you really wish to do these people a service, go out and encourage them to take the high road and get on track to becoming a real citizen of this country. You are not helping them by making excuses or by attacking Americans who simply want the invading force to leave.
Great post

Old 11-11-2008, 07:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Great post
+2

Reads2MUCH's post was eloquent and to the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration