Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:08 PM

95 posts, read 130,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuychingon View Post

If anybody here knows this guy, please pass the word that his awesome attitude and his respectful nature was GREATLY appreciated by the marchers that saw him.
A friend brought up how he was surprised how friendly this man was. I saw him acting very polite and respectful toward marchers that came across him, and I was too caught up in the crazy environment to realize at the time that he was kindly posing when I took a picture. Anyway, I wish I would have had a chance to talk with this man. If anyone knows him, let him know his respectful attitude was appreciated. Too bad more weren't like him.

This guy on the other hand.......

For some reason, some on the pro-Arpaio side felt it was necessary to carry guns to a peaceful march, despite the presence of both the Maricopa county Sheriffs and Phoenix Police Department. It came off as a sign of intimidation.

Much like certain radicals become present at the immigration rallies/marches/may days, a couple of self-proclaimed neo-nazis stood at the side of the Pro-Arpaio counter protesters.

As the Arpaio supporters quickly dispersed in the end, two Neo-Nazis rode out standing in the bed of a truck doing the "sieg heil" salute with smiles on their faces. The marchers simply laughed at them.

The march ended not to long after reaching Arpaio's detention center. The leaders of the march urged those who attended to clean up after themselves, and to go home instead of staying on the streets causing commotion. Respect and peace were encouraged, as well as not taking the counter-protesters seriously.

In the end, I felt it was a successful demonstration. Any demonstration that ends in peace is a good one.

Thank you for posting those photos. And it's like I've mentioned before you can't judge everybody at the demonstrations based on a few radicals.
Look at the people supporting Joe Arpaio that are waving the confederate flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elansingghost View Post
Thank you for posting those photos. And it's like I've mentioned before you can't judge everybody at the demonstrations based on a few radicals.
Look at the people supporting Joe Arpaio that are waving the confederate flag.
Remember; illegal aliens have the same rights as any other group of criminals.

They need to leave the USA-------------immediately.

FYI: quite a few of the anti's here on this Forum are Black----------which should serve as a warning to said illegal aliens that their mere presence here is annoying, to be polite.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

FYI: quite a few of the anti's here on this Forum are Black----------which should serve as a warning to said illegal aliens that their mere presence here is annoying, to be polite.
Illegal aliens have the same rights as any other group of criminals?

What does that have to do with my post?

My post was about the people attending the pro and anti Sheriff Joe protests.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:03 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,915,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
Umm, yeah since there are MANY more native people here as opposed to immigrants, BUT percentage wise Mexican and Central American immigrant, legal and illegal, are incarcerated at a much much higher rate.

Nice try tho.
I was talking percentage wise...since the stats don't really carry percentages of crimes based on status. However, with that said, incarceration rates are higher for Blacks and Whites combined, and Latinos in the middle. If the majority of illegal immigrants are Latino, and if they make less a percentage of the prison population than natives, then well, I'm right.

There are a lot of other implications and factors going on, but for the time being this should work.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:05 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,915,761 times
Quote:

You can any race and racist and/or culturally insensitive. It's something that transcends cultures.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens have the same rights as any other group of criminals?

What does that have to do with my post?

My post was about the people attending the pro and anti Sheriff Joe protests.
My point being that not all anti illegal immigration folks are 'radical'; shall we say.

We simply want their kind (illegals) out.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
My point being that not all anti illegal immigration folks are 'radical'; shall we say.

We simply want their kind (illegals) out.
That was my point.

There were people with confederate flags with the pro-Joe Arpaio crowd;
But you can't judge everybody at the demonstrations from both sides based on a few radicals.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:15 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,589,502 times
Quote:
That was my point.

There were people with confederate flags with the pro-Joe Arpaio crowd;
But you can't judge everybody at the demonstrations from both sides based on a few radicals.
This is true. However, when people are living in a country illegally, they should at least show a modicum of respect for the host country by not waving foreign flags. Why on earth would the citizens of this country want to help those who show such utter contempt for this country? The Mexican flag was prominent at ALL of the marches. This is blatant disrespect, and only serves to incense more U.S. citizens. If someone wants a favor from me, they certainly won’t get it by telling me to go to hell. After all, U.S. citizens are also human.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is true. However, when people are living in a country illegally, they should at least show a modicum of respect for the host country by not waving foreign flags. Why on earth would the citizens of this country want to help those who show such utter contempt for this country? The Mexican flag was prominent at ALL of the marches. This is blatant disrespect, and only serves to incense more U.S. citizens. If someone wants a favor from me, they certainly won’t get it by telling me to go to hell. After all, U.S. citizens are also human.
How do you know the people waving the Mexican flag are illegal?
If you are illegal the last thing you want is to bring more attention to yourself by waving the flag from your home country.
I've seen Italian restaurants with the Italian flag, does it mean those Italians are illegal?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Personally I find it offensive for any immigrant to wave a foreign flag on our soil. It is disrespectful. Why immigrate to the USA if you can't let go of your past?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration