Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
The lessen learned can be DON"T lie.
Or the lesson learned can be if you don't know HOW to lie or -- what NOT to lie about -- then don't lie.

Whether it's lying on an application, or about anything else...don't lie about something that can be PROVEN untrue, or verified.
Excellent advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 AM

991 posts, read 1,110,561 times
This is a good lesson learned: you shouldn't lie, even if you think the other party you are dealing with may be dishonest. The jobs you get should be on your own merit. If you have the experience, academic credentials, and confidence this should suffice, and you shouldn't resort to lying.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:30 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
That's right. I went on a "rant." Too many haters on here who want to shame the unemployed. Many of us "did the right things." We did everything we were advised to do and then some. We "networked", made lots of friends, did lots of favors.Got plenty of education. Payed our taxes and "played by the rules." Where has that gotten us? Tax dollars provide education to prisoners, cable tv and other fun amenities. Many of these recidivists come and go in and out of prison like a revolving door. But that doesn't bother you and others like you?

It really is none of your business who is collecting what on here. Because that person who worked for 15-20 years paid into the system, just like you and everybody else. They have a right to get assistance. That is why we pay taxes. If you have a serious problem with paying income taxes and disapprove of what they use it for, move to a state that doesn't require you to pay income taxes.

You may not like people collecting assistance. You need to differentiate between the scum sucking the system and the hardworking tax paying people who got dealt a bad hand due to nothing more than the Recession. You also can't tell me what to do with my taxes. I paid them and if I need help then clearly I will get it.
Agree fully with the underlined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search