Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Back on topic.... W2s for the use of job verification is fair game and reasonable... especially when there is inconsistencies in the results of the background check and the CV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,394,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Sorry, my mistake. It's not asking for W2s, but performing credit checks.

Employers Can't Check Credit Report | NBC 7 San Diego

I'm sure the W2 nonsense will follow suit as well.
1. Hmmmm...you are unable to produce the things you claim and spout all over the forums. I am astounded.

2. That law doesn't mean a thing. Even IN the article it gives examples of where the employer is still allowed to use credit reports....from your article,

"A managerial position
A position in the state Department of Justice
A sworn peace officer or law enforcement position
A position where the person regularly accesses certain confidential information including bank or credit card accounts and social security numbers"

So, my entire office could have their credit legally run as we all have access to social security numbers of applicants.

Try again, this is fun....

Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 AM

1,128 posts, read 3,481,394 times
Quote:
You're the one that claimed she was on unemployment or food stamps as though this was a 'bad' thing.

If she was on either of these things it's because she can't find DECENT employment paying a LIVEABLE wage.

You don't know what anyone on here does to make money. Should she sell her body or collect food stamps?

Which would you prefer??
You are so out of it. I asked her if she was collecting unemployment or food stamps because of the rant she went on about how NOBODY can tell her what to do unless they are paying for her food and rent. That wasn't that hard of a concept to grasp.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 AM

117 posts, read 179,555 times
Try telling the unbridled truth when answering what are your strength and weakness and see how far honesty gets you. Give me a break! Interview I did a week ago... had an answered strength/weakness honestly instead of using the resources online to nitpick what I thought they'd want to hear, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten an offer. The same goes o a few other questions, and especially the question regarding my career goals. *I want only to be a musician...any job not related to that is just for the pay check so I can keep on playing and progress further in the industry. Should I have said that? It's the truth. Yeah right...

Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
You are so out of it. I asked her if she was collecting unemployment or food stamps because of the rant she went on about how NOBODY can tell her what to do unless they are paying for her food and rent. That wasn't that hard of a concept to grasp.
That's right. I went on a "rant." Too many haters on here who want to shame the unemployed. Many of us "did the right things." We did everything we were advised to do and then some. We "networked", made lots of friends, did lots of favors.Got plenty of education. Payed our taxes and "played by the rules." Where has that gotten us? Tax dollars provide education to prisoners, cable tv and other fun amenities. Many of these recidivists come and go in and out of prison like a revolving door. But that doesn't bother you and others like you?

It really is none of your business who is collecting what on here. Because that person who worked for 15-20 years paid into the system, just like you and everybody else. They have a right to get assistance. That is why we pay taxes. If you have a serious problem with paying income taxes and disapprove of what they use it for, move to a state that doesn't require you to pay income taxes.

You may not like people collecting assistance. You need to differentiate between the scum sucking the system and the hardworking tax paying people who got dealt a bad hand due to nothing more than the Recession. You also can't tell me what to do with my taxes. I paid them and if I need help then clearly I will get it.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:41 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,523,799 times
Quote:
You're the one that claimed she was on unemployment or food stamps as though this was a 'bad' thing.

If she was on either of these things it's because she can't find DECENT employment paying a LIVEABLE wage.

You don't know what anyone on here does to make money. Should she sell her body or collect food stamps?

Which would you prefer??

Nobody is promoting lying. People are providing points of view. The OP is free to use whatever point of view she/he feels would be a future solution.

It is idiotic to take a non-livable wage job and lose whatever gov't benefits one has. My unemployed neighbor would have lost Medicaid, some rent assistance and food stamps for a minimum wage job that doesn't provide any health insurance. Many of these low wage jobs only hire you for 3 -4 months as probationary and then lay off so they don't have to pay insurance/benefits. This is the oldest game in the U.S. Somebody getting help would be very stupid to give that up for a 3 month temporary min wage job. And then, what reapply for help again and wait 2 months without a penny to live on?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:31 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
1. Hmmmm...you are unable to produce the things you claim and spout all over the forums. I am astounded.
Didn't I say I made a "mistake"??? Why are you being condescending? Is it to hear yourself talk??

Credit reports can't be asked for BULLCRAP JOBS!

Quote:
Try again, this is fun....
Um, NO.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
You didn't "ask" her anything.

You said "If" she's getting foodstamps or unemployment that you have a right to be nosy.

Don't try to clean it up now.

You also referred to it in a way in which she should be ashamed to receive it.

Would you rather foodstamps and welfare recipients sell their bodies for food (both men and women)?

Would this make you feel better about your precious "tax dollars" being wasted?

Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan2 View Post
Try telling the unbridled truth when answering what are your strength and weakness and see how far honesty gets you. Give me a break! Interview I did a week ago... had an answered strength/weakness honestly instead of using the resources online to nitpick what I thought they'd want to hear, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten an offer. The same goes o a few other questions, and especially the question regarding my career goals. *I want only to be a musician...any job not related to that is just for the pay check so I can keep on playing and progress further in the industry. Should I have said that? It's the truth. Yeah right...
Exactly the hiring process is unfortunately all about sales and marketing and we all know how honest that arena is.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique13 View Post
Nobody is promoting lying. People are providing points of view. The OP is free to use whatever point of view she/he feels would be a future solution.
I don't believe people should lie about their skills or their educational background. These are easily checkable and to be quite frankly, it's stupid to do so, because when you get on the job and cannot perform whatever it is you claimed you know how to do, it makes you look stupid.

Quote:
It is idiotic to take a non-livable wage job and lose whatever gov't benefits one has. My unemployed neighbor would have lost Medicaid, some rent assistance and food stamps for a minimum wage job that doesn't provide any health insurance. Many of these low wage jobs only hire you for 3 -4 months as probationary and then lay off so they don't have to pay insurance/benefits. This is the oldest game in the U.S. Somebody getting help would be very stupid to give that up for a 3 month temporary min wage job. And then, what reapply for help again and wait 2 months without a penny to live on?
I agree with all of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search