Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM

38 posts, read 200,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I see no point in her admitting her lie. She quit the job and that's the end of it.

But, to say that none of this would have happened if the background check was completed before she was hired is a leap of mammoth proportions. None of this wouldn't have happened if the OP hadn't lied on her application. She put these events in motion. She was responsible, she has admitted her mistake and paid the price.
I took the job knowing i would hate the hours. So its a relief in alot of ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
That's funny considering the only real hijackers came from the people promoting the lying.
You're the one that claimed she was on unemployment or food stamps as though this was a 'bad' thing.

If she was on either of these things it's because she can't find DECENT employment paying a LIVEABLE wage.

You don't know what anyone on here does to make money. Should she sell her body or collect food stamps?

Which would you prefer??

Old 02-14-2013, 09:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What type of "accountability" are you talking about?

Are you saying she should "admit" to it just to "clear her conscience"?

For what? She was only there two days. They should have completed the background check BEFORE hiring her and none of this would have happened.
No, I'm saying all the pro-liars here, should stop blaming outside forces. She chose to lie and that is nobody's fault but her own.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
No, I'm saying all the pro-liars here, should stop blaming outside forces. She chose to lie and that is nobody's fault but her own.
I agree about the background check. Should have been done before.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,810,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna233 View Post
I took the job knowing i would hate the hours. So its a relief in alot of ways.
I'm glad you can see an upside of what is a very difficult situation. I hope you find a better suited job very soon.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,030,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Yeah, she'll do better NEXT TIME.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yeah, she'll do better NEXT TIME.
so many of you have been very kind and helpful. And then some others seem veryself righteous and judgemental. Makes me wonder what makes some people think they are perfect..hmm..

Old 02-14-2013, 09:55 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna233 View Post
I agree about the background check. Should have been done before.
It's already been pointed out on this thread that background checks aren't universally completed before a new hire starts working. It is not uncommon at all for someone to start a new job which is contingent upon a background check coming back "clean".

Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,191,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
It's already been pointed out on this thread that background checks aren't universally completed before a new hire starts working. It is not uncommon at all for someone to start a new job which is contingent upon a background check coming back "clean".
I know of cases where background checks are done weeks or even months after the hire starts work. In some cases that could really cause problems.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
It's none of the employer's business. A few states have already passed laws making asking for this illegal. Hmmmmm, wonder why??

LOL! My current job isn't "crap". I like it. Got it through a hookup and did not lie about anything. I didn't have to.

LMFAO!!!!! "Ethical moral compass!"" I freaking love it!!! Ha! Ha!

Yes, um, Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, Countrywide, Washington Mutual, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, George W. Bush, many on Wall Street and the world's rich. Our "ethical moral compass" leaders! LMFAO!!

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was worth $16 billion dollars in 2009 (the beginning of the recession) and his wealth rose $6 billion by 2012 to a new net worth of $22 billion.

How the hell does your net worth go up by BILLIONS in the worst recession the world has ever seen??

"Ethical Moral Compass" my _____.
"The corporations are out to get us MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Profit making is evil MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Capitalism is exploitation MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Companies should pay us more and forgo profits MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. The rich are evil MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN"

There is a reason why people with this mentality are often failures in life and have a tendency to hang out in parks for months on end. They are the people who think government or businesses owe them something and then never understand why their lot in life never improves.

Employers and employees have a market based relationship. Employers agree to pay employees for their labor based on what the labor market dictates. It's the job of the employer to pay as little as possible and the job of the employee to try and get paid as much as possible. The low paying positions get paid little because a lot of people can do those jobs. The high paying positions get paid a lot because relatively few people can do those jobs. It's not rocket science. If you think you are being mistreated or not paid enough, put yourself on the market and leverage your skills and experience for more money. If you can't get a job or make more money, then develop some skills to market. Despite what our school teachers and parents would have us believe, we aren't all special little snowflakes with an inherently high value to other people and organizations.

In most cases, the rich are rich because they are either smart or extremely motivated (or both). The poor tend to be poor because they are either stupid or lazy (or both). There are exceptions to these generalities, but outside of trust-fund babies, there is a reason why there aren't a lot of stupid, lazy rich people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search