Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 06:09 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times

Advertisements

Cuz no one reported them yet. Probably because we're all amused and had fun with it. It became our go to coronavirus thread that every local forum on here seems to have.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:47 AM

9,887 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Remember what I said about the government tracking people with Google location data?

Do I still need that tin foil hat? Anyone else getting alarmed, yet?

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf
Go to the last page. If your phone has location history turned on, that data is picked up by the apps you have on your phone. Apple, Samsung, Waze, Google, Microsoft, Pokeman Go everywhere you go.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Gov. Update

Quote:
Nevada has received 3,000 reagent kits and 4,000 test swabs from the government.

Sisolak offered the following statistics on our hospitals and capacity statewide:

61% hospital beds occupied
74% ICU beds occupied
282 COVID-19 patients hospitalized
44% of ventilators in use

The governor addressed unemployment, noting the state has received over a quarter of a million claims.
Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR) extends hours

SNHD directs Nevadans to follow CDC face covering guidelines

As of Monday night: 58 COVID-19 deaths in Nevada; cases near 2,000 statewide

Old 04-07-2020, 08:54 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,655,496 times
I just saw a good interview with the CEO of the Mayo Clinic regarding a test they announced yesterday to test if a person has been exposed to the virus and has antibodies. He said there are numerous antibody tests that have various technical features that change how sensitive and how specific they are to the presence of these antibodies.

What isn't yet known, he says, is if such a person is immune to re-infection in the short run, and that is something they'll be testing in the coming weeks.

Separately, the CEO is performing detailed studies of treating patients with the plasma containing antibodies from survivors. They are looking at what the conditions and stages of infection seem to benefit from treatment vs. stages and conditions where it doesn't seem to help.

One thing he said is that this type of plasma treatment was actually used back in the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. I had no idea technology existed to do this way back then.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:08 AM

I read that too. They don't know yet if reinfection can occur. The numbers are all over the place too. One of my friend's husband's drug is going to human trials. It showed great results against COVID19. They think it might save the world. I posted it in the 702 crazy thread.
---
Nevada to get more ventilators as virus spreads, need grows
Quote:
Sisolak said with patients using 44% of the state's 838 ventilators, Nevada is seeking 450 more from the U.S. government.

The governor said he's seen several statistical models trying to predict the curve of cases in Nevada, showing a peak occurring anywhere between the end of this week and sometime in June.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:06 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Go to the last page. If your phone has location history turned on, that data is picked up by the apps you have on your phone. Apple, Samsung, Waze, Google, Microsoft, Pokeman Go everywhere you go.
Right. Somehow I doubt turning off location history actually turns off sending that data to Google. More likely they just stop showing it to you and using it for your search results.

So far as I know, turning off GPS doesn't turn off network location, either. Android used to have the option to disable that feature and it was removed. This means they can still triangulate your location if your phone can see at least 3 towers.

Just pointing out to the people claiming I'm a tin- foil hat wearers that Google is, in fact tracking your location data. While these reports the public can access claim anonymized data and only talk in generalizations, the fact is the only way they could compile that data in the first place is if they know where you are.

I'm sure the exact data associated with your phone is only one warrantless wiretap request away from the hands of law enforcement if they really want it.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:09 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times
Claims will continue to increase. My roommate has made several attempts to get through to unemployment and it's always either busy, or plays a message saying they are taking no more calls for the day.

Last edited by equid0x; 04-07-2020 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: some weirdness happened

Old 04-07-2020, 01:10 PM

386 posts, read 262,185 times
My wife works at the VA and said they've converted their offices into patient rooms and she believe they said they are also now taking civilians.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:36 PM

779 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Right. Somehow I doubt turning off location history actually turns off sending that data to Google. More likely they just stop showing it to you and using it for your search results.

So far as I know, turning off GPS doesn't turn off network location, either. Android used to have the option to disable that feature and it was removed. This means they can still triangulate your location if your phone can see at least 3 towers.

Just pointing out to the people claiming I'm a tin- foil hat wearers that Google is, in fact tracking your location data. While these reports the public can access claim anonymized data and only talk in generalizations, the fact is the only way they could compile that data in the first place is if they know where you are.

I'm sure the exact data associated with your phone is only one warrantless wiretap request away from the hands of law enforcement if they really want it.
I agree with you 100 percent. LE and the government has taken extreme liberty with our rights thru various acts. The Patriot Act was the beginning. We have given up more and more rights in the digital age, often with no recourse.

What Snowden and WikiLeaks showed us was only the tip of the iceberg.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:36 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,701 times
Quote:
They'll get everyone locked in their houses entertaining themselves on their devices. Then they'll announce a one world government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
There you go again with the tin foil hat. lol

I have not really studied this "one world government" since I do not know how it would be possible. However, I did a little research in the last few days and it is not a tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Quote:
“We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost 40 years......It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.”
― David Rockefeller
Quote:
“For more than a century ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”
― David Rockefeller, Memoirs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas