Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 10:10 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,058,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
Let us define your terminology:
noun: whistleblower
a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

Now what is the illicit activity? I am not with IHME and that is the modeling site the reckless Nevada state government and others are using. If I were with IHME and reported this, sure, it would probably meet the definition of a word that you did not understand in the first place.
We're talking about the same group of posters here who claimed I didn't know what ad-hominem means but then refused to define the word when requested because it would have proven them wrong.

Liberals never think they're wrong. When the are wrong and know it, they double down on the nonsense.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
80 deaths as opposed to the 636 who died of Flu/Pneumonia in 2017

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ada/nevada.htm

Old 04-08-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You should be more supportive. I am not suggesting the IHME numbers are gospel. But what is the alternative? You cannot really do any kind of linear projection as you know the process is not linear. And I would also point out the models adopted by a number of municipalities are more pessimistic than IHME.

And as you find data that argues with the IHME you do a correction or try and refine your own model.

And the rub is that you have to react to a model. The only choice you have is which one. And if you get it wrong there can be a horrendous price to pay.
You're right there sure is... destroying the lives of millions of working age Nevadans.

When the model is wrong for weeks on end at some point you'll have to decide to abandon the model.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Mitigation is working. The curve is flattening. The peak has been brought forward to April 12th. Stay home. Wash hands. Don't get too excited. They may still extend the lockdown into May depending on numbers. Lifting lockdown early may cause an acute second wave of infections. The more we follow social distancing the quicker we get through this.
Riiighhtt... just 2 more weeks, then 2 more weeks, then 2 more weeks.

The curve is flattening... no wait now it's flattening... looks like we had the peak... no now we had the peak... wait, the peak hasn't occurred yet and well now occur in 2 weeks.

At some point you just have to realize the person talking is completely full of ****.

I knew Sisolak was lying as soon as his lips moved.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Before Peter Navarro the White House had medical intelligence briefings back in November about the virus in Wuhan and they were repeatedly warned and updated about it to prepare but they didn't.

Medical intelligence warned of China contagion in NOVEMBER

https://mol.im/a/8200443
Do you work in White House medical intelligence?

First of all, nobody would be allowed to share any such information with anyone outside the White House.

Second of all, dailymail is like the national enquirer of the UK.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:35 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Also, from the Channel 8 story (https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...-19-in-nevada/) regarding Governor Sisolak's new edict, I found this bit of information interesting:

"Gov. Steve Sisolak says 62% of state hospital beds are occupied with COVID-19 and non-coronavirus-related patients. Seventy-one percent of ICU beds are filled, most not by COVID19 patients.

There are 329 confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations with 49% of ventilators being used."

Let's compare that to information from this March 20th article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal: https://www.reviewjournal.com/invest...kable-1987094/

"Nevada has about 5,500 staffed hospital beds spread across its short-term acute care and critical access hospitals, according to the Nevada Hospital Association. Those facilities have about 760 rooms in intensive care units, designated for the most seriously ill or injured patients.

But the vast majority of the facilities’ beds, about 83 percent, were already occupied as of Friday, the NHA reports. ICU rooms were about 85 percent occupied."

First, with 329 COVID-19 hospitalizations, that means just under 6% of hospital beds in the State of Nevada are occupied by COVID-19 patients. More importantly, in the last 19 days, Nevada has seen a decrease from 83 percent to 62 percent of total hospital bed utilization and has seen a decrease from 85 percent to 71 percent of total ICU bed utilization based on the information in the two articles cited. If this crisis is getting worse, it would seem to me that hospital bed utilization should be increasing and the total number of hospital beds required for COVID-19 patients would be greater.

Here's a suggestion for the journalism community. Ask the governor why hospital bed utilization is down over the last 19 days, and ask why the State of Nevada and Clark County are not providing numbers on a daily basis for COVID-19 breaking down new hospitalizations, new hospital discharges, new ICU admits, new recoveries, and detailed demographic data for those who are hospitalized, placed into ICU, recovered, and died. That would be a good start to allowing us to determine how severe the problem is in this state.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:38 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Comeon...you know better than that. He restricted flights from China for unrelated non Americans. But the flight of US citizens, Permanent US Residents and the families of both went merrily on.
Apologies, I was being sarcastic. I'll repost the article:
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-advis...-north-1494559

Old 04-08-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
I am not sure what numbers you think are going to ensure this lockdown continues into May. The numbers right now do not justify a complete lockdown, actual or projected. They also do not justify costing hundreds of thousands of people their livelihoods. I am more concerned that Nevada and every other state may make things worse by having delayed natural herd immunity for the low-risk demographic.

Once again, the dictator of Nevada issued a new edict this evening with new restrictions on our mobility and religious worship despite no major surge in cases or deaths. Apparently, he has time to review photos which people are sending him of people golfing which helped inform his decision. The following is from an article on The Nevada Independent website this evening: (https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...s-golf-courses)

"Sisiolak said his decision to close golf courses as well as public basketball courts, tennis courts and swimming pools came after he received photos depicting people not following social-distancing protocols.

'They were not riding one in a cart. They were congregating on the greens, and I cannot take the chance to have it get spread that way,' he said. 'We tried it. It didn’t work because some folks, again, chose not to follow the rules.'"

Per Channel 8's website he also apparently took some time to explain to us how we should get our news. (https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...-19-in-nevada/)

"Gov. Sisolak reminded Nevadans to get their news from trusted sources to prevent misinformation and encouraged Las Vegas residents to subscribe to local news media sites and oulets [sic] to support them.

Many local anchors have setup studios in their homes so they can ‘Stay Home for Nevada.’

'You deserve transparency and the trust that they are working hard to keep you informed. Please support them as they support us,' said Gov. Sisolak."

I am still trying to figure out the quote, "Please support them as they support us." A free press is not there to support Governor Sisolak's agenda. It should be asking tough questions and forcing Governor Sisolak and the state bureaucracy to be transparent just as he promised the citizens of Nevada in February.

I simply cannot believe this person was elected governor and is leading this state. He is Big Brother. It certainly does not reflect well on the state to have this kind of leadership. Hopefully, a recall petition will be started once Big Brother's edicts are no longer in effect.
I watched it. I'm sure he looked at photos... the ones he took with his iPhone while he was out golfing.

I too, have noticed that the local news agencies are being very soft with him. They should be asking questions like "Why is everything shut down when numbers do not even begin to approach the 2017 flu season?" But what we get is a dog and pony show of canned questions and a selection of reporters agreeable to the state cause.

So far he has:

- Removed your right to free assembly
- Removed your right to redress grievances
- Removed your right to free commerce
- Removed your right to bear arms
- Removed your right to freely practice religion
- Removed your right travel freely
- Placed you on house arrest without due process
- Interfered with the right for businesses and private individuals conduct commerce as they choose
- Ordered property owners to allow others to make quarter in their properties for free

Old 04-08-2020, 11:08 PM

55 posts, read 27,524 times
I told you people: Stupid people will continue making stupid decisions.

Sisolak The Stupid has just made another series of monumentally stupid decisions.

You are surprised by this? Seriously?

Sisolak will continue to do this to you until you recall him.

Recall Sisolak The Stupid or continue to suffer him. It’s pretty simple.

Sisolak is not capable of competence.

You are capable of recalling him.

Do it.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:19 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
If you watch the video on the Channel 8 article I posted, I believe you can see Governor Sisolak commit a major faux pas within the first 5 seconds. He wears a mask into the room, removes it, and then immediately proceeds to lick his fingers. Good grief! It's yet another example of do as I say not as I do. Per the CDC do-it-yourself guide to making a mask, it specifically says to wash your hands after removing a mask!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas