Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 06:39 PM

101 posts, read 53,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
Oh no, the poor critical thinker can’t think of a way to whistleblow insider knowledge.
Let us define your terminology:
noun: whistleblower
a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

Now what is the illicit activity? I am not with IHME and that is the modeling site the reckless Nevada state government and others are using. If I were with IHME and reported this, sure, it would probably meet the definition of a word that you did not understand in the first place.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:40 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
Okay look knuckle head, can you read? Go to the IHME model site I linked earlier. Read. Nevada. Numbers. (I made it simple for you to comprehend). I am not going to send you internal data, I am doing you a service by informing you of ACTUAL availability aka REALITY compared to their bull**** models. You can choose to ignore it but understand you are only ignoring the fact that your Governor and everyone else is lying to you. Democrats typically live in an alternate reality and I understand that so if you are infected, seek help.

This is not about any “internet ego” this is about actual data. Hopefully you are not going to be one of those taking an empty bed but I assure you there are MANY empty beds in ICU and other areas of the SNV hospital system. Good day.

I just posted new IHME numbers from today in another thread and compared them to yesterday's numbers. There were major downward revisions once again for the United States and Nevada. I cannot believe policy has been made based on those forecasts.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:59 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Where were we on that bet?

DHHS: More than 2,300 positive COVID-19 cases, 80 deaths in Nevada

Old 04-08-2020, 06:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
I just posted new IHME numbers from today in another thread and compared them to yesterday's numbers. There were major downward revisions once again for the United States and Nevada. I cannot believe policy has been made based on those forecasts.
You should be more supportive. I am not suggesting the IHME numbers are gospel. But what is the alternative? You cannot really do any kind of linear projection as you know the process is not linear. And I would also point out the models adopted by a number of municipalities are more pessimistic than IHME.

And as you find data that argues with the IHME you do a correction or try and refine your own model.

And the rub is that you have to react to a model. The only choice you have is which one. And if you get it wrong there can be a horrendous price to pay.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM

Mitigation is working. The curve is flattening. The peak has been brought forward to April 12th. Stay home. Wash hands. Don't get too excited. They may still extend the lockdown into May depending on numbers. Lifting lockdown early may cause an acute second wave of infections. The more we follow social distancing the quicker we get through this.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And on top of that, Trump was advised of the magnitude of the problem by his own guy Peter Navarro https://www.axios.com/exclusive-nava...48f8382a9.html
Before Peter Navarro the White House had medical intelligence briefings back in November about the virus in Wuhan and they were repeatedly warned and updated about it to prepare but they didn't.

Medical intelligence warned of China contagion in NOVEMBER

https://mol.im/a/8200443

Old 04-08-2020, 08:03 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Before Peter Navarro the White House had medical intelligence briefings back in November about the virus in Wuhan and they were repeatedly warned and updated about it to prepare but they didn't.

That's just crazy SMH

Old 04-08-2020, 08:35 PM

1,066 posts, read 893,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4Nevada View Post
Let us define your terminology:
noun: whistleblower
a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity.

Now what is the illicit activity? I am not with IHME and that is the modeling site the reckless Nevada state government and others are using. If I were with IHME and reported this, sure, it would probably meet the definition of a word that you did not understand in the first place.
That’s a lot of words to confess to being full of ****.

Old 04-08-2020, 08:49 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

but Trump banned flights from China on January 31st... What a visionary!
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-advis...-north-1494559

Old 04-08-2020, 08:53 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
but Trump banned flights from China on January 31st... What a visionary!
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-advis...-north-1494559
Comeon...you know better than that. He restricted flights from China for unrelated non Americans. But the flight of US citizens, Permanent US Residents and the families of both went merrily on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas