Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 05:26 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Hey Davie, I used to work for this guy back in Phoenix for a while. He taught me a lot:

Larry Reynold's Affordable Personal Training: phoenix weight loss, phoenix personal training, weight loss arizona

He has some free videos on youtube on how to work out. Basically, you need short but very intense workouts 3X a week. I personally would advise you against taking any supplements with the exception of protein (take 1 gram of protein to each pound you weigh.). It takes hard work and a proper diet, not animal stak. If you are only trying to gain, avoid cardio and only do strength training.
I want to build mass quickly though. I will still do the hard work and have a proper diet, but I want to get big quickly too. I'm sick and tired of being skinny and effeminate looking, I feel unattractive.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Remember that epic day when someone actually responded to one of my resumes out there? Well I responded to them immediately and heard back....exactly nothing.

Oh well! Like I said, I'm glad to have just heard from someone, anyone. Back to the hunt!
I read something very shocking last week: 90% of of interviewers employ emotions to hire people. Source: Bait & Switch/Barbara Ehrenreich.

So there you sit with the greatest resume possible, and if there's no chemistry between you and the interviewer, back to the streets you go! But it can go both ways! Lousy resume, great chemistry, you're hired!

Last edited by tijlover; 07-13-2011 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: Add lin

Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I want to build mass quickly though. I will still do the hard work and have a proper diet, but I want to get big quickly too. I'm sick and tired of being skinny and effeminate looking, I feel unattractive.
Are you looking for big muscles or are you looking for confidence? They aren't the same thing no matter how many guys walking around in Tap-Out T-shirts will try to convince you.

Weights will obviously be the route for building muscle mass but it's a gradual process. Try jogging in the mornings to get your metabolism and energy really surging for the day. Cut out booze and any other crap you're putting in your body. I used to try to fool myself into thinking I could have the best of both worlds with drinking and exercise but it was a total mismatch.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read something very shocking last week: 90% of of interviewers employ emotions to hire people. Source: Bait & Switch/Barbara Ehrenreich.

So there you sit with the greatest resume possible, and if there's no chemistry between you and the interviewer, back to the streets you go! But it can go both ways! Lousy resume, great chemistry, you're hired!
There's probably a huge difference between someone interviewing you who will have to work as your supervisor and someone who just does hiring and never sees you again. The one who will be your supervisor is probably primarily concerned with how compatible you will be with them and your co-workers. Sure, you have to have the right skills but if it seems like they will have to be repeating themselves a lot to you it's probably over with.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
Quote:
LVD lives off Twain, east of the strip (Sorry LVD, I wanted Aqua to get an idea, but for your safety I wont be too specific) Aqua your trucking school is in North Las Vegas right? My father attended MTA back in 1995, it is now called RoadMasters in Orlando, FL. But FWIW I'm glad to see things are on the up and up Aqua, take good care of yourself, this trucking thing is gonna be really good for you
If memory serves, Davie, Twain is a pretty long road. I'd need a cross street to get a better idea of where he is. It'd be fun to get together one of these days. I don't need to drink, but it would be nice to see everyone who cares to again.

Yese, AIT is located at 4020 E. Lone Mountain Rd, in North Las Vegas. It's a long bus ride there, but I enjoy it. Sigh...I just need to get used to the clutch. I'm not looking forward to double clutching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Aqua-good show, buddy. I keep praying for you and it looks like it's helping, I am really happy for you and your current situation. Be thankful to your sister and kiss some ample hindquarters, in this case it's really necessary. I'm listening to some Foghat 'Rock and Roll Outlaws' and 'Fool For The City' on YouTube as I type this out. Pop on some Jethro Tull if you aren't already and groove to the music, aqua, and keep doing just as you're doing. Before long you'll be self-sufficient and on your way!
Foghat's a great band, but you know me, I love my Tull! I think that I only have one of my CDs, but there's no way to play it.

I passed my Doubles & Triples test down at the Donovan DMV today. WOOT!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

i agree with this 100%. i just went through 4 interviews for a service advisor position at Carmax... Everything went great until the last interview with the GM. As we were interviewing, he kept looking away..... I felt the "not interested" or "threatened". Oh well, they just lost out on a 18yr car veteran for a $15 an hour job

Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
Quote:
I'm sick and tired of being skinny and effeminate looking, I feel unattractive.
Trust me, I was I was skinny again as it is a lot better than being fat. I have now surpassed 200 pounds as I hibernated all winter eating Domino's Pizza. I am now working on it, but it slowly takes time.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:32 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,232,909 times
I am thankful I do not live in Minnesota. Shutting down the government has some unattended consequences, and this one would deeply upset me.

One by one, bars get tapped out | StarTribune.com

Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am thankful I do not live in Minnesota. Shutting down the government has some unattended consequences, and this one would deeply upset me.

One by one, bars get tapped out | StarTribune.com
I spent 43 years in that state. The suburbs of Mpls.-St. Paul now spill over into Hudson, WI and beyond. If worse comes to worse, they can go across the border, the Twin Citian's at least. Duluth borders Superior, WI, no problem there. Only the inland rural towns a problem.

When I lived in Minneapolis, that's one city that's very stingy when it comes to issuing liquor licenses outside the DT area. Very hard to find. There used to be one 4 blocks from my apartment, and alas! It only served 3.2 beer. Yes, they still have bars that only sell 3.2 beer. Watered-down beer.

MN has traditionally been a big-spending, high tax state, benefits galore. For example, when my brother moved back to Minneapolis to start up his auto mechanic shop, the state provided him one year's health insurance for him and his wife. Sweet!

When Chicago cut down on their welfare benefits, some time ago, off to MN where the benefits were higher!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
aqualung...man, once ya get ta truck drivin' you can not only get plenty a Tull but you can score some Foghat, Nugent, whatever you want en masse. Rock On!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas