Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times

Advertisements

...chased away?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
So my mentor showed up at my door today. He hadn't heard from me in a while (I've been sick) and was worried because he didn't have my new phone number. (We usually talk on the phone or meet for lunch.) I said "How did you get my address?" He replied "I hacked the old HR database"

I love that old man, warts and all.

He was aquainted with Steve Jobs and also helped design the first microchip that went into slots and video poker machines here in Vegas. He is quite the character.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:42 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
BOY has this Forum become a bore........

NO posts in two days in Chat.....where have all the good ones gone?
Nothing to chat about I guess. Yet a lot going on in the Valley.

Weather getting colder
Someone else got hit by a car and killed
Another marijuana grow house found
Lots of Halloween parties this weekend
Politicians going full speed on ads
Early voting
And some other stuff...

This thread should be moving fast.

Sent from cell...

Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
In the mean time...

A baby that's having a baby that is born pregnant???????

Sent from cell...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
In the mean time...

A baby that's having a baby that is born pregnant???????

Sent from cell...

Whaaaaat???

I don't want to know what "Real pregnancy action" means

Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
That doll is just too weird. I wonder what country they sell that in. It is just wrong on so many levels.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:00 PM

102 posts, read 275,186 times
And the best news around town....I will be there in just 2 1/2 weeks for my Winter stay.
*excited*

Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Default A Sad Day...

The Admiral and I work Sun City Summerlin pretty hard. It is convenient and we identify and like older types...Don't get me wrong...young people are often more interesting...but not as easy a connection...

Just got a call to do a market analysis on one of the places we really don't want to have to sell.

Laura, a wonderful, mean, exasperating old broad is folding it in. She has gone off to an assisted living facility and her children have contacted us, at her direction, to deal with her home.

Kind of amazing. I sit here with tears running down my face trying to type this.

We have known her for 10 years at least. We sold the house next door and she broke our chops.

We dropped her off a Christmas Pointsetta at her house and she wanted to know why we thought we could take advantage of her.

She walked the dog...and there always was a dog...every afternoon up and down the block. Said hello to everybody and pointed out the flaws in their home maintenance. After the dog walk she would have a cocktail and mellow out for the evening.

She was in a way our hero. She maintained her way of life against the increasing pressures of old age...with skill and style.

She is ancient...well into her 90s. But cogent and a little abrasive. I hope I can do that.

Damn silly when you cry while doing a market analysis.

I was rooting for her to do at least 102 before she moved on.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
^^ I'm sorry LVOC.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The Admiral and I work Sun City Summerlin pretty hard. It is convenient and we identify and like older types...Don't get me wrong...young people are often more interesting...but not as easy a connection...

Just got a call to do a market analysis on one of the places we really don't want to have to sell.

Laura, a wonderful, mean, exasperating old broad is folding it in. She has gone off to an assisted living facility and her children have contacted us, at her direction, to deal with her home.

Kind of amazing. I sit here with tears running down my face trying to type this.

We have known her for 10 years at least. We sold the house next door and she broke our chops.

We dropped her off a Christmas Pointsetta at her house and she wanted to know why we thought we could take advantage of her.

She walked the dog...and there always was a dog...every afternoon up and down the block. Said hello to everybody and pointed out the flaws in their home maintenance. After the dog walk she would have a cocktail and mellow out for the evening.

She was in a way our hero. She maintained her way of life against the increasing pressures of old age...with skill and style.

She is ancient...well into her 90s. But cogent and a little abrasive. I hope I can do that.

Damn silly when you cry while doing a market analysis.

I was rooting for her to do at least 102 before she moved on.
Great memories you have of her, wonderful to have someone touch your life like that. While wonderful, also sad. So sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas