Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,152,099 times

Advertisements

We found a house to lease!
Next begins the job search.
Looking for suggestions for buying a couple suits.

I plan to shop this week since we can not move into our house till Friday.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Being a weather map watcher for years, anyone else noticed, when it gets super-cold in the Midwest, we benefit from warmer winters?

I recall those extra-warm winters, over the past 10 years in Minnesota, my brother loved to rub it in with a phone call: We're warmer here today than Las Vegas! And, embarrassingly so, it was true!
I think people are getting sick of my posts on Facebook about the awesome weather in Phoenix, but I can't help it! The winter back where I used to live has been horrible. I got out just in time. I am SOOOO much happier here, I cannot begin to express it. My SAD was very severe last winter, and this year it is cured.

It was 86 on Saturday, about the same yesterday. I will be sunbathing today in the 80s again. What's not to love??

Old 02-17-2014, 10:12 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,112,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I think people are getting sick of my posts on Facebook about the awesome weather in Phoenix, but I can't help it! The winter back where I used to live has been horrible. I got out just in time. I am SOOOO much happier here, I cannot begin to express it. My SAD was very severe last winter, and this year it is cured.

It was 86 on Saturday, about the same yesterday. I will be sunbathing today in the 80s again. What's not to love??

Ha ha. People from my hometown just went through I blizzard. I post the daily weather here. Pictures of me in shorts. Pictures of my dashboard thermometer. They hate me. lol

Old 02-17-2014, 10:45 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Ha ha. People from my hometown just went through I blizzard. I post the daily weather here. Pictures of me in shorts. Pictures of my dashboard thermometer. They hate me. lol
The city I moved from is having a very brutal winter. It seems it snows almost daily, and there have been any days of extreme cold. Saturday it was snowing there, and I posted a picture of myself in a strapless top.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:46 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
A nice development, the Gramercy restarting construction in Spring Valley!

http://vegasinc.com/business/real-es...- The Gramercy

Old 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM

555 posts, read 1,258,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
A nice development, the Gramercy restarting construction in Spring Valley!

http://vegasinc.com/business/real-es...- The Gramercy

It's really nice that a once abandoned eyesore has construction going on again and this project will become a lovely residential>commercial center.

It's a great location too, near all those stores and the Beltway.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:22 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Anyone know why that 11-story building, under construction, near the Federal Courts Building, has been stalled, which was to house some government entities?

I was walking my ferret downtown Las Vegas last week, and noticed that the level of construction is identical to what it was 3 months ago. Not one glass panel put in, looks like it's been abandoned!

That's just what we need, halted construction on another building in this city!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
It's really nice that a once abandoned eyesore has construction going on again and this project will become a lovely residential>commercial center.

It's a great location too, near all those stores and the Beltway.
The buildings are actually constructed well, I would love to see this development completed. The rentals across the street are nice too but the Gramercy will be a better development with commercial tenants. People working at the large office complex next door and tenants for this complex will appreciate the commercial tenants at the Gramercy.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:58 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Walked my ferret on the Strip early morning, between 4am-6:30am, and checked out the new Linq development, and I only got halfway back into it and 2 security guards told me no pets! But from what I saw I wasn't impressed, particularly with the plaza/walkway, using paving bricks that looked like they bought them at Home Depot.

I should have known, with a budget of $500 million, including the Ferris Wheel, this project wasn't going to be a class act for the Strip! Let's hope MGM's project up the street has more quality to it!

Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Walked my ferret on the Strip early morning, between 4am-6:30am, and checked out the new Linq development, and I only got halfway back into it and 2 security guards told me no pets! But from what I saw I wasn't impressed, particularly with the plaza/walkway, using paving bricks that looked like they bought them at Home Depot.

I should have known, with a budget of $500 million, including the Ferris Wheel, this project wasn't going to be a class act for the Strip! Let's hope MGM's project up the street has more quality to it!
I disagree and certainly Caesars will do the same. As it is right now, the observation wheel and many of the tenants are not even open yet the LinQ is already creating a lot of foot traffic in the area. It certainly will be a vibrant part of Clark County basing from what I have seen the last couple of times I've visited. Compared to MGM promenade, the LinQ promenade is better and with more dining, shopping and entertainment options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas