Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 05:30 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,815 times

Advertisements

Anything new or different in Vegas compared to say a year ago?

Old 04-21-2017, 05:04 AM

23,224 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Anything new or different in Vegas compared to say a year ago?
How we wish! How we wish!

How we wish that the Resorts World project was nearing completion, and they haven't even put up the cranes yet!

How we wish a developer would buy the Fountainbleu Tower and finish it!

How we wish Adelson would finish his tower at the Palazzo!

How we wish they'd start work on the Alon project across from the Wynn!

How we wish they'd start work on a Light Rail project in Las Vegas!

How we wish we'd finally get an Art Museum in this city!!!

This city was originally a refuge for the Desert Tortoise, so everything moves along here at a tortoise pace! Patience! Patience! Patience!

Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 PM

526 posts, read 833,137 times
Quote:
PinkString
My husband. Pizza is his favorite food and Aliante used to have good pizza
You might try BLAZE PIZZA. Several locations around the valley. It is my goto pizza place now. VERY, VERY fresh ingredients. You pick what you want on your pie and if they do not put enough, you just ask them to put more on. The pizza is done in about 6 minutes. Unbelievably delicious.
I call it the Subway of Pizzerias. It is thin crust, but they just introduced a thick crust which I will try.
Join email club for freebees.

Blaze Pizza

Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,501,432 times
How we wish! How we wish!

How we wish that the Resorts World project was nearing completion, and they haven't even put up the cranes yet!

How we wish a developer would buy the Fountainbleu Tower and finish it!

How we wish Adelson would finish his tower at the Palazzo!

How we wish they'd start work on the Alon project across from the Wynn!

How we wish they'd start work on a Light Rail project in Las Vegas!

How we wish we'd finally get an Art Museum in this city!!!

This city was originally a refuge for the Desert Tortoise, so everything moves along here at a tortoise pace! Patience! Patience! Patience!

Whew! We sure aren't wishing for much, are we?

Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,291,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadtam View Post
You might try BLAZE PIZZA. Several locations around the valley. It is my goto pizza place now. VERY, VERY fresh ingredients. You pick what you want on your pie and if they do not put enough, you just ask them to put more on. The pizza is done in about 6 minutes. Unbelievably delicious.
I call it the Subway of Pizzerias. It is thin crust, but they just introduced a thick crust which I will try.
Join email club for freebees.

Blaze Pizza
Thanks for the info. I also found this:
Blaze Pizza Prices - Fast Food Menu Prices

I will be taking him to Blaze pizza for his next birthday. The location on N.Durango. I like how they actually offer vegan cheese as well.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:02 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
My husband. Pizza is his favorite food...
Pizza is one of the 4 food groups (along with donuts, chocolate & beer).

Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,860 times
I'm going to vent, but we just had our fist experience with an "AIRBNB" house. Our neighbor, I should say the person that bought the house since they've never lived in it, has decided to list the house as a short-term rental daily/nightly/weekly. I never even knew this was a thing. The first time he does it guess what we neighbors have to deal with? Cars all over the street, loud partying, etc. It's one thing to have a long-term renter, it is a completely different story to be marketing a residential home as a hotel. A neighbor having a party is one thing, have different people coming and going every night of the week and/or regularly throwing parties is another story. I've already contacted the HOA. I'm pretty sure that our HOA does not allow home businesses which is what he is running. Looks like he is required to have a permit, a business license and pay sales tax. If I have to deal with this kind of crap I'm going to make sure he follows all the rules.

Last edited by Prosze; 04-23-2017 at 07:45 AM..

Old 04-23-2017, 12:42 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,863,936 times
Are you in the city or the county? AFAIK short-term rentals are still illegal in the county. There is also a 660ft separation rule within the city. Check out this map:

http://lasvegas.maps.arcgis.com/apps...a7d3d761bd5e0c

Old 04-23-2017, 04:25 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Pizza is one of the 4 food groups (along with donuts, chocolate & beer).
Amen.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:30 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I'm going to vent, but we just had our fist experience with an "AIRBNB" house. Our neighbor, I should say the person that bought the house since they've never lived in it, has decided to list the house as a short-term rental daily/nightly/weekly. I never even knew this was a thing. The first time he does it guess what we neighbors have to deal with? Cars all over the street, loud partying, etc. It's one thing to have a long-term renter, it is a completely different story to be marketing a residential home as a hotel. A neighbor having a party is one thing, have different people coming and going every night of the week and/or regularly throwing parties is another story. I've already contacted the HOA. I'm pretty sure that our HOA does not allow home businesses which is what he is running. Looks like he is required to have a permit, a business license and pay sales tax. If I have to deal with this kind of crap I'm going to make sure he follows all the rules.
Call the cops every time it's noisy. Call your county commissioner and bug them. Groan to the HOA about any and all infractions. You might even try code enforcement if the number of cars and where they are parked violates some statute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas