Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 12:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
First of all, I have not been in this forum for awhile so Happy New Year to you all. Hope it's a good year for you all.

One of my cousins is coming to town probably over the summer to get married and asked me if my husband and I would stand up for him at his wedding. Does Las Vegas really require this in the little wedding chapels? I have never done it and not sure what it really is. My husband said No, since he hates being in the limelight as much as I do.
If this is not required in this state, I would like to let my cousin know so we can attend his wedding, but not stand up there with them hopefully.
Witnesses don't really have to do anything but be there to sign the papers. You can stand with the couple but you don't have to. Just be there and sign. Not a bid deal.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,153,546 times
I guess it depends on how much you value the relationship with the cousin and his immediate family

It's not like the paparazzi is going to show up

And less attentive guests are coming to witness the ceremony also you not really going to be in the limelight. You just have to stand still for a couple minutes.

I do believe witness signatures are required. I don't believe you actually have to stand up there if you really don't want to. And if you don't have witnesses. You can pay chapel employees to sign as witnesses.

I know this because my mom got remarried out here while I was 18, so they needed a second witness.

Of course that was years ago but I really don't think they've changed the laws much when it comes to that aspect of marriage.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Witnesses don't really have to do anything but be there to sign the papers. You can stand with the couple but you don't have to. Just be there and sign. Not a bid deal.
This.

You don't have to stand up at all. Sign that you witness the thing and sit down LOL

Old 01-19-2017, 02:00 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Not required. You do need a witness, which any chapel or wedding officiant can provide for a fee or as part of a package.

If your relatives are looking for something in the same price range as one of those cheesy little wedding chapels, my suggestion is to hire a wedding officiant and find a venue yourself or take one of their suggestions for location. Even if it were just to make the marriage legal, I think I'd regret having the ceremony performed in one of those chapels.

https://www.weddingwire.com/c/nv-nev...839-9-rca.html

Send me a PM if you want more details.

There are also the hotel wedding packages. A quick price check at a couple hotels says they start at $2000 at the Bellagio and $650 at Paris.
Thank you. I bookmarked the url to give to him. This will be his first and only marriage according to his fiance. He is in his 50's. i am sure she would like something nice, but they may also like cheesy and tacky, who knows? I have not seen him since the mega family reunion back in 1975.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojester View Post
I guess it depends on how much you value the relationship with the cousin and his immediate family

It's not like the paparazzi is going to show up

And less attentive guests are coming to witness the ceremony also you not really going to be in the limelight. You just have to stand still for a couple minutes.

I do believe witness signatures are required. I don't believe you actually have to stand up there if you really don't want to. And if you don't have witnesses. You can pay chapel employees to sign as witnesses.

I know this because my mom got remarried out here while I was 18, so they needed a second witness.

Of course that was years ago but I really don't think they've changed the laws much when it comes to that aspect of marriage.
I barely know him. The last time I saw him was in 1975. Living out here in Las Vegas, we seem to get more relatives that want to get married out here. Last year it was a second cousin, but they had their own witnesses. And we saw them after the wedding. Also an almost wedding from another second cousin, but they decided to wait and have a humongous family wedding instead. And it was beautiful.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
This.

You don't have to stand up at all. Sign that you witness the thing and sit down LOL
I was told no way from my DH to stand up with them at the wedding. He is shy you know.
I just want to see the wedding then they go on their merry little way to their honeymoon suite and we go home.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:02 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,863,936 times
Here's a link to one Las Vegas wedding officiant's location list:

Las Vegas Wedding Wagon| Mobile Wedding Chapel Las Vegas

They meet you at the location for $129. If the venue charges a fee, that is extra.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:15 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
In fact the most useful thing Las Vegas could do would be to dissolve.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:17 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
First of all, I have not been in this forum for awhile so Happy New Year to you all. Hope it's a good year for you all.

One of my cousins is coming to town probably over the summer to get married and asked me if my husband and I would stand up for him at his wedding. Does Las Vegas really require this in the little wedding chapels? I have never done it and not sure what it really is. My husband said No, since he hates being in the limelight as much as I do.
If this is not required in this state, I would like to let my cousin know so we can attend his wedding, but not stand up there with them hopefully.
Check out Las Vegas Wedding Wagon| Mobile Wedding Chapel Las Vegas

It was on Shark Tank on TV.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:39 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
Took some pictures this afternoon.

Took this one a couple of weeks ago.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas