Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 05:49 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times

Advertisements

We are very spoiled on our street-It's extremely quiet. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if they weren't so darn loud. That is the problem with this type arrangement. People don't care that they are staying in a residential neighborhood.
Seems like Vegas has its share of problems with this and I can see it getting worse now that hotels are charging for parking.

I contacted code enforcement and the HOA and that is all I can do.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:24 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post

I contacted code enforcement and the HOA and that is all I can do.
I suggest follow-up in writing via certified mail.

I also suggest contacting the HOA board members & the management company EVERY time there is any issue at all regarding the party house. Get a good 35mm camera with a good telephoto lens & take pictures of everything that is a nuisance, all the way down to a cigarette butt on the ground. The more documentation you have & can provide, the more the HOA can do something.

Be the squeaky wheel. Be obnoxiously squeaky.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:46 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
I hope it doesn't come to that but I bet we will have more problems. They didn't put "No parties or events" in their listing so they've basically made their home a free-for-all. I talked to a neighbor today to see if I'm over-reacting or not, and he too had a problem with the noise. He asked the people in the house if they were renting or bought it they told him they were renting and tried to get away from him as fast as they could.

Strip properties say they aren't worried about losing bookings due to VRBO but now that they are charging for parking and increasing fees for this and that, I can see this becoming a bigger problem.

My husband thinks it's a fantastic idea, I just want to slap him.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
2 days in Tucson/Nogales. My Mexican roommate has had this cough/ailment for 6 long weeks now, so he came along for some medical help in Nogales. Walked into first Dr.'s office, and when he demanded an address on the admission sheet, I knew right away he was going to rip us off! $70??? So, into the taxi we go, off to the Int'l Red Cross Clinic ($5 Dr. visit) but the taxi driver steered us to another clinic, which he said was cheaper: 40 peso's (roughly $3)! Dr. wrote out a number of prescip's for meds and, given I've acquired a similar ailment, I asked her to duplicate the order, one for each. And, he shot him up with a multi-vitamin injection, which I've rec'd myself, in the past. Meds/Dr. visit: $42!

While there I stocked up on my COPD meds. My co-pays for Symbicort/Combivent shot up to $100 each, and last time I bought them in Mexico: $39, and this time, they're down in price to $32 each. So do we know how to spell the word Criminal????

One last casing of Tucson for my potential retirement move, to investigate other areas, both of which I rejected, so that leaves, if it should happen, Carson's Corner area to the East. But, what I can get for my house here isn't going to buy me much there. So, I stay put here in Las Vegas, for who knows how long!!

Did check out the Tucson Museum of Art in the downtown area. Very deceptive. When you drive up to it you'd think it was very small in size until you get inside, with its underground galleries. I was to the Phoenix Art Museum and the Heard Museum in January, and I would put this museum a couple notches better than the Phoenix Museum. Awesome collection for a city of one million, and a separate building for Native American Art.

The staff had a good laugh when I told them that Las Vegas doesn't even have its own museum yet, unless you consider the Mob Museum or the Atomic Testing Museum! Yup all the millionaires here escaping state income taxes and they can't build a museum here!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:52 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
2 days in Tucson/Nogales. My Mexican roommate has had this cough/ailment for 6 long weeks now, so he came along for some medical help in Nogales. Walked into first Dr.'s office, and when he demanded an address on the admission sheet, I knew right away he was going to rip us off! $70??? So, into the taxi we go, off to the Int'l Red Cross Clinic ($5 Dr. visit) but the taxi driver steered us to another clinic, which he said was cheaper: 40 peso's (roughly $3)! Dr. wrote out a number of prescip's for meds and, given I've acquired a similar ailment, I asked her to duplicate the order, one for each. And, he shot him up with a multi-vitamin injection, which I've rec'd myself, in the past. Meds/Dr. visit: $42!

While there I stocked up on my COPD meds. My co-pays for Symbicort/Combivent shot up to $100 each, and last time I bought them in Mexico: $39, and this time, they're down in price to $32 each. So do we know how to spell the word Criminal????

One last casing of Tucson for my potential retirement move, to investigate other areas, both of which I rejected, so that leaves, if it should happen, Carson's Corner area to the East. But, what I can get for my house here isn't going to buy me much there. So, I stay put here in Las Vegas, for who knows how long!!

Did check out the Tucson Museum of Art in the downtown area. Very deceptive. When you drive up to it you'd think it was very small in size until you get inside, with its underground galleries. I was to the Phoenix Art Museum and the Heard Museum in January, and I would put this museum a couple notches better than the Phoenix Museum. Awesome collection for a city of one million, and a separate building for Native American Art.

The staff had a good laugh when I told them that Las Vegas doesn't even have its own museum yet, unless you consider the Mob Museum or the Atomic Testing Museum! Yup all the millionaires here escaping state income taxes and they can't build a museum here!
Or the museum of natural history, or the museum at the Springs Preserve, or maybe the museum of modern art that actually closed because no one showed up?

Old 05-12-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Or the museum of natural history, or the museum at the Springs Preserve, or maybe the museum of modern art that actually closed because no one showed up?
So the message I'm getting from you, is we shouldn't have a world class museum here as no one will go to it? Not even teachers with their schoolchildren to enlighten them on Art?

At the Getty Museum in L.A. in March, there were any number of school buses in the parking ramp, with hundreds of students lining up to take the Tram to the top of the hill to the museum. Not even the teachers and schoolchildren would go to it?

Believe me, these children in L.A. will gain a great appreciation of Art, through these trips, and will look forwards to going to other museums.

And given the schoolchildren don't have that option here, they may never gain an appreciation of Art! And, later on, when they travel to other cities will they be disappointed that other cities don't have Mob Museums?

Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
So the message I'm getting from you, is we shouldn't have a world class museum here as no one will go to it? Not even teachers with their schoolchildren to enlighten them on Art?

At the Getty Museum in L.A. in March, there were any number of school buses in the parking ramp, with hundreds of students lining up to take the Tram to the top of the hill to the museum. Not even the teachers and schoolchildren would go to it?

Believe me, these children in L.A. will gain a great appreciation of Art, through these trips, and will look forwards to going to other museums.

And given the schoolchildren don't have that option here, they may never gain an appreciation of Art! And, later on, when they travel to other cities will they be disappointed that other cities don't have Mob Museums?
That's not what I got from her at all. She was pointing out the other museums the LV DOES have after you said that LV doesn't have any other than the Mob Museum and the Atomic Testing Museum. And before you brush those off as worthless, both are actually really well done. I know the Atomic Testing Museum has won awards and the Mob Museum is in the process of expanding.

There is no art museum because it closed due to lack of attendance...but LV TRIED.

And don't forget the Neon Museum, also an amazing place full of history that is also expanding.

LV may not have the high caliber of museums that a city like Boston or Chicago has, but Las Vegas is a different kind of city with its own unique history that includes things that would be seen in a Mob Museum or Atomic Testing Museum. On that note, Chicago has some tourist things to do regarding their Mob history as well (Al Capone, anyone?), but Las Vegas is where the museum should be in the building it is in. Tucson is better? Please.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:28 AM

When I said museum, I meant art museum, as I was referring to a museum of the caliber of the Tucson Art Museum.

Have you compared the Phoenix Art Museum with the Tucson Art Museum, Elle?

Old 05-12-2017, 11:29 AM

2,845 posts, read 4,516,151 times
Nevada Museum of Art eyes $10M Las Vegas expansion

looks like reno wants to expand to vegas

"The Reno-based museum, the state's oldest arts institution, currently is seeking $10 million from the state's General Fund to expand south to Sin City"

Old 05-12-2017, 12:07 PM

555 posts, read 595,038 times
Quote:
It IS criminal!! Be thankful that you have insurance where you can get them with a copay (or better, that you live somewhere where you can go to Mexico and get them at an affordable price!). I'm a respiratory therapist and see many people in our ER who can't afford their inhalers. It's horrible. If nothing else, a simple Albuterol inhaler should be affordable but noooo, when they changed the formulation (due to having to get rid of the CFC's) they're no longer generic so the drug companies can charge a small fortune. It's just plain wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas