Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2014, 07:58 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
And there's your problem.

You would if you had married the right person.
No. It has no value to me. It is meaningless (to me). I see NO use for it whatsoever. I don't need the state to give me a piece of paper to tell me I am in a committed relationship.

My ex and I wondered why we got married, not because or relationship was failing at that point, but because it was useless for us.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:51 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Don't drink the water:

Officials announce $1.1 billion for cleanup of contaminated Henderson industrial site - Las Vegas Sun News

Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
They have been cleaning up since 2007.. I wonder how far they've gotten so far.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
They have been cleaning up since 2007.. I wonder how far they've gotten so far.
Dunno, but I was surprised it was Kerr McGee and not Pepcon that caused the big perchlorate leak. I was here when Pepcon went boom. The pink mushroom cloud was something to see.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:12 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
I've been through hell, lately, with our admirable American Health (Death?) Care Industry.

A week ago last Thursday, hobbled to Urgent Care, severe leg pain. Diagnosis with Blood Test/Ultrasound: Baker's Cyst, a lump in back of the kneecap that presses on the nerve.

Was given a referral to Nevada Orthopedic/Spine. Called. No X-rays? We need the X-rays! Nope, after 4 hours at Urgent Care I guess they never though to take them! Limped back to Urgent Care Fri. A.M. "We need to get you a referral for the X-rays, we'll call you when they're approved". Sat.A.M., I get the X-rays and a prescrip for Percocets, a pain killer. Did no earthly good whatsoever in relieving the pain!!! Also tried Lortabs, didn't work either!

Wed. afternoon I go to Nevada Orthopedic with X-rays. "Sorry, X-rays reveal nothing! You'll need to get an MRI!" Thursday 7 A.M. I get the MRI (my first!). "That'll be $500!" I'm with Health Plan of NV, with a $750 yearly deductible! (Ran into a Clark County Gov't worker, who shelled out $1000 for 2 MRI's last month! Great Government benefits, where art thou!)

Back to Nevada Orthopedic Fri. 2 P.M. "Sorry, the MRI is not definitive enough! You'll need to get another MRI with the dye leaking into your body!" We're talking $600! We made an appt. with Steinberg and they're closing soon, so you better call now!

Me? I borrowed $500 for the 1st MRI with a deadline to pay it back, are you going to lend me the $600 for the 2nd MRI?

I work in a health care facility, and it's unanimous among the staff: I'm being taken for a ride!!!!

2 A.M. this morning, I'm zooming down I-15 to Tijuana. 2X in the past, when I ran into these roadblocks, I did the same, and Tijuana came to my rescue!

I have 4 resources to turn to down there, the Int'l Red Cross Hospital ($8 to see a Dr. with 36 Dr.'s on staff), the Orthopedist I saw 10 years ago who saved my life, one other source and Angeles Hospital, a 6-story hospital custom designed for foreign medical tourists from Canada and the United States. Angeles Hospital will even pick you up at the San Diego Airport and whisk you over to their Hospital!

And? I need to replenish my med supply, compliments of the Mexican Pharmacies!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Back from Tijuana after a long, long, long 6 hour drive in a rental car. Always wanted to test drive a Toyota Yaris and finally got my chance. Now that's one awesome little car!

Found me an awesome Orthopedist out of Angeles Hospital (a hospital created specifically for medical tourists from the U.S. and Canada).

What did he have to say?

"I've been treating Baker's Cysts for a number of years, and I've never ordered an MRI for a Baker's Cyst! Let alone 2! You must understand that many U. S. Dr.'s have a vested interest in these X-ray chains, in some cases, the Dr.'s own them!"

Here's a Dr. that actually touched my body, spent 45 minutes going thru the X-rays and consulting with me, and all for a $60 payment, which is my co-pay up here!

He was a wealth of information, a tremendous help, and he's a Mexican Doctor that once worked at a Hospital in the U.S., in Wichita. He never liked practicing in the U.S., and he's back in Mexico now!

Well, well worth the drive down there!

Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Oh for Pete's sake. You gotta love our colorful local politicians. I live in this guy's ward.

When the conversation ended, Bushman posted on Facebook that Collins said Utahns are “inbred bastards” and if they come to Clark County to support Bundy they “better have funeral plans.” Collins also told Bushman that they should mind their “own (expletive) business.” “Now that’s some classy leadership for you,” Bushman wrote in his post.

Collins manages to insult Utahns with comments on Bundy roundup | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,277,930 times
Ever try to find a human to talk to at Cox cable here in LV? Impossible no matter which number you call. There is a great big cox truck always in our neighborhood every day, the guy is never working. All he does is take boxes out of his truck and goes thru things and working on his truck. Getting tired of him blocking the narrow streets in here. I try to find a human at their company and none exist. I just want the guy to move along and maybe actually do his job he is being paid for. It must be nice to be parked in a neighborhood for hours every day, doing nothing and getting a weekly pay check.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:34 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Ever try to find a human to talk to at Cox cable here in LV? Impossible no matter which number you call. There is a great big cox truck always in our neighborhood every day, the guy is never working. All he does is take boxes out of his truck and goes thru things and working on his truck. Getting tired of him blocking the narrow streets in here. I try to find a human at their company and none exist. I just want the guy to move along and maybe actually do his job he is being paid for. It must be nice to be parked in a neighborhood for hours every day, doing nothing and getting a weekly pay check.
We just switched from Cox residential to Cox business.. we are on our 3rd DVR-HD box in 2 weeks. They actually have been coming out within the hour to replace the boxes, so I can't fault their service, just their product. I get a wait time of under 5 minutes when I call. Maybe that's just the business folks, not residential?

Old 04-16-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Your friend in the digital age... At least that's what the commercials say. I know their number by heart, so that's not a good thing. Sadly, Century-Embarq-Sprint, whatever they are calling themselves these days, is even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas