Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 03:12 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times

Advertisements

Clark County awash with $$$$ so it is getting into the news rack business on the Strip. So instead of pvt businesses owning and maintaining these racks it will be Clark County and its tax revenues which will be used to maintain it.

It is election time once again in the county/state, those incumbents will not get a single vote from me, especially the incumbent county commissioner representing my district!!

Last edited by Clarkcty; 05-21-2014 at 03:28 AM..

Old 05-21-2014, 08:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Clark County awash with $$$$ so it is getting into the news rack business on the Strip. So instead of pvt businesses owning and maintaining these racks it will be Clark County and its tax revenues which will be used to maintain it.

It is election time once again in the county/state, those incumbents will not get a single vote from me, especially the incumbent county commissioner representing my district!!
Who is your councilman? Sisolak? It could be worse. You could have that drunken chucklehead Collins.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Who is your councilman? Sisolak? It could be worse. You could have that drunken chucklehead Collins.
Collins? I like and enjoy Tom. Don't always agree but I am a regular contributor to his campaigns and will continue to be. Collins is one of the great resources to get something done or a problem fixed in Clark County. Old drinking cowboys have their place. And a commissioner shooting it out with a tree stump in NLV has a certain charm.

Our own Larry Brown can be approached but he does not really have much of a taste for pushing the system. Susan Brager is someplace in between but has an awful lot of suburban do-gooder around her. She is a co-worker at the real estate foundry so easy to get to but not easy to move.

i think the Commission is just doing what they can on the newspaper racks. They are gun shy of ever winning the first amendment case if they eliminated them which is the real right thing. We do not really need to feature our sexual industry in ugly and badly kept boxes on the main drag. But having lost repeatedly to the card flippers the Commission is leery of anything that might get into court.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
It didn't take long for the swing-around on medical marijuana, they finally smelled the money to be made! Even North Las Vegas! Henderson? Boulder City? Oh, they don't need the money! They can make up for it with additional police surveillance for traffic fines!

Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Collins? I like and enjoy Tom. Don't always agree but I am a regular contributor to his campaigns and will continue to be. Collins is one of the great resources to get something done or a problem fixed in Clark County. Old drinking cowboys have their place. And a commissioner shooting it out with a tree stump in NLV has a certain charm.

Our own Larry Brown can be approached but he does not really have much of a taste for pushing the system. Susan Brager is someplace in between but has an awful lot of suburban do-gooder around her. She is a co-worker at the real estate foundry so easy to get to but not easy to move.

i think the Commission is just doing what they can on the newspaper racks. They are gun shy of ever winning the first amendment case if they eliminated them which is the real right thing. We do not really need to feature our sexual industry in ugly and badly kept boxes on the main drag. But having lost repeatedly to the card flippers the Commission is leery of anything that might get into court.
I don't care that Tom shot a tree, and I agreed with him when he told the Utah commissioner that they needed to mind their own f****ng business regarding the Bundy affair (though I probably would have left out the part about them being inbred b@stards)

My problem with Collins is that he has done some ethically questionable things such as being a paid lobbyist / consultant for a company with business before the commission, and now this beauty.... He's now supporting Constable Bonaventura, even though he voted to abolish the office.

Collins

Bonaventura needs to go away. He is running for Mary Beth Scow's seat on the commission, btw. Those of you who live in her district better get out and vote unless you want a criminal as your councilman.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:18 AM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Susan Brager, not a single incumbent person will get my vote this election and she's for the marijuana whatever you call it!

Old 05-24-2014, 09:00 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
The dogs first time on the strip

And you haven't experienced the strip till you drive it in a convertible!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
The dogs first time on the strip

And you haven't experienced the strip till you drive it in a convertible!
Do you restrain them? My old German Spitz was a 50/50 overboard when we took him boating if he encountered a boat with another dog. Bit I would not have wanted to see him "abandon ship" on the Strip.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Do you restrain them? My old German Spitz was a 50/50 overboard when we took him boating if he encountered a boat with another dog. Bit I would not have wanted to see him "abandon ship" on the Strip.
They are teeny and I had the windows up. No worries about them jumping

Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM

Default Spring Valley SWAT stand off.

Big SWAT stand off going down in the Lakes. Maybe ended but the apparently had both entrances cut off.

Flash Bangs and the whole bit.

ClarkCty will be annoyed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas