Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 04:17 PM

592 posts, read 920,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
I know a few people who recently flew into NY from "Quarantine States." Two different flights on two different days. All were given forms to fill out prior to landing. They were instructed to hand in the completed forms to personnel after landing.

Upon arrival, there was no one there to collect the forms.

It doesn't matter what you fill out when the forms are never collected. Typical New York. Cuomo makes an edict and doesn't have a clue how to execute it.
Yup. Just like the massive umemployment scam that is overtaking NYS too. Scammers are using the info of currently employed employees and lodging unemployment claims under their names. No verification by NYS, no failsafe. Nothing. Now the NYS taxpayer will be left to pick up the pieces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 06:12 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,149,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Has anyone heard further when gyms are opening?
Gyms are so 2019, these days you can get some great cardio at Defund the Police Marches.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:06 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Gyms are so 2019, these days you can get some great cardio at Defund the Police Marches.
Im so sick of being chubby!

I’m adorable ... but chubby nonetheless

Old 07-16-2020, 02:14 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Im so sick of being chubby!

I’m adorable ... but chubby nonetheless
LMFAO! I am chubby too or pleasantly plump. Not happy about it. Not that I was ever skinny but I put on at least 15 pounds since march.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:00 PM

719 posts, read 621,333 times
so no school shouldn't property taxes going down big time?

Old 07-16-2020, 03:17 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,534,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
so no school shouldn't property taxes going down big time?
Probably increased:
-Cost of maintaining the buildings didn’t go away
-Next will be technology needed for teachers & students to homeschool
-Additional funding will be needed to keep the school bus companies from going out of business. For when/if they ever do open.

When/If opened:
- Every inch of these busses & schools will need to be sanitized after every sneeze & cough.
- PE equipment

The list goes on. These are not my beliefs. Just how these politicians think to suck an additional dime out of tax payers.

Old 07-16-2020, 04:30 PM

5,058 posts, read 3,960,939 times
Lost in the media excitement over cases in southern and western states is the important news from here in our backyard:

“Suffolk also marked a fifth straight day of no deaths.”

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...and-1.43149650

(Couldn’t find a death number for Nassau but it must be very low or it would be easy to find.)

Old 07-16-2020, 05:44 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Probably increased:
-Cost of maintaining the buildings didn’t go away
-Next will be technology needed for teachers & students to homeschool
-Additional funding will be needed to keep the school bus companies from going out of business. For when/if they ever do open.

When/If opened:
- Every inch of these busses & schools will need to be sanitized after every sneeze & cough.
- PE equipment

The list goes on. These are not my beliefs. Just how these politicians think to suck an additional dime out of tax payers.
If they are all remote will the school nurse go the way of the station wagon? Never mind, there is probably some sort of internet borne disease that we need them on the payroll to consult.

Old 07-16-2020, 06:55 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,534,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
If they are all remote will the school nurse go the way of the station wagon? Never mind, there is probably some sort of internet borne disease that we need them on the payroll to consult.
Sure! FaceTime your illness! Just like the doctor’s offices are doing.
It’s all a test for the big picture!

Old 07-16-2020, 07:26 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
LMFAO! I am chubby too or pleasantly plump. Not happy about it. Not that I was ever skinny but I put on at least 15 pounds since march.
For many ppl, it’s a struggle to eat healthy. Either they dont know what is healthy or they dont have $$/time to make/eat healthy meals. The gym may be the one thing ppl like that have to live some sort of healthy life.

For others, they’re eating healthy already & the gym supplements that.

In any case, the gym is a healthy lifeline for many people & not having access to a gym can have detrimental consequences on one’s health ... & even one’s mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island