Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting the covid vacination?
Absolutely- as soon as I can 95 60.90%
Nope - I don't trust it 30 19.23%
Maybe - but probably not for 6 months to a year until they know more 26 16.67%
I'm not - but think my over 65 parent should (or someone else) 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 12:10 PM

106,807 posts, read 109,039,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The government loves us. They want to protect us. They care.
They would NEVER do anything to hurt us.
Which is why never go by anything the govt or their puppets say .

Find out who the real experts are and the smartest minds on the subject and learn from them .

Faucci is not a good source and neither is the WHO or the cdc ...they really messed up in many aspects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 03:24 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,366,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
LOL! Unbelievable. Stop getting medical "advice" from social media trolls.
I sound up getting it. I was fine, I have been weak for two weeks but other than having little appetite, it wasn’t much of anything other than non stop weakness. Watched a lot of tv. I’ll probably return to work next week. This was child’s play compared to past flus and viruses I have had in the past. Still not getting the vaccination any time soon.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:31 PM

332 posts, read 220,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Wrong ..it all depends on the volume sample of the virus you catch and how readily they attach to the cells ...you can have a great immune system but it is not primed and ready without the vaccine to deal with these invaders day one .

It is a protein and dna that our bodies do not know how to react to initially no matter how good your system is

each of us have different levels of covid and different responses.

Good luck is all I can say ...if you had a decent case of it your view would be very different.

I can see already that the discussion is not going to be based on science but on one believing their own bull sh%t
Your a diabetic and far from healthy. Watch your waist size, very important for diabetics

Old 02-13-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
Your a diabetic and far from healthy. Watch your waist size, very important for diabetics
I am prediabetic now for years through diet , and 18 years of jogging and weight lifting , I am still quite well built and your statement about being far from healthy is nonsense .

Glad you have access to my medical records and you have a medical degree to make that judgment call.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:42 PM

9,209 posts, read 6,237,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Which is why never go by anything the govt or their puppets say .

Find out who the real experts are and the smartest minds on the subject and learn from them .

Faucci is not a good source and neither is the WHO or the cdc ...they really messed up in many aspects
When I read your second sentence, all I could think of was Enron and "The Smartest Guys in the Room."

Old 02-13-2021, 07:41 PM

20,093 posts, read 20,903,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
“You’re”
Sorry. Grammar police. Had to.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,898,701 times
Appointments selling like hotcakes. A bunch available at Aqueduct but going fast. I refresh the page after a minute and 145 appointments were taken from that day alone. Finally got mine for April.

Last edited by ovi8; 02-14-2021 at 08:48 PM..

Old 02-15-2021, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetandinlongisland View Post
Many many people do say it is not safe and can be dangeros for many reasons and it is all done by govrnment and in drug business and internet people that just want money. They say people do die and you need vacine but really many dont and many get covid and are fine and espoecially the children do not get and die. So why do they force them? Many many think it does give autismn and they do want to do tracking. I dont know if it true about that but I dont trust it and will not do it and they should not force the children
Nonsense , 30 million doses already makes it one of the most trial tested vaccines in history.

Learn the science behind it ..

Old 02-15-2021, 02:46 AM

323 posts, read 200,051 times
My whole family and I are not taking it. I don't like to be told what to do, just kidding, lol. Actually, I just don't trust it as it wasn't tested long term. I don't care how much science was involved and how much they urge everyone to do it. I rather take my chances and wait a year or two to see what happens to others who took it over the long term.

If you want to take it good for you, it's your choice but I am glad they are not forcing anyone. They would have to strap me down to a table and jab me in the arm forcibly before I take this vaccine. I am not an anarchist, but the older I get, the more I don't trust or like the government or the pharmaceutical companies.

Old 02-15-2021, 02:49 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,069,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
They would have to strap me down to a table and jab me in the arm forcibly .
Good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island