Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting the covid vacination?
Absolutely- as soon as I can 95 60.90%
Nope - I don't trust it 30 19.23%
Maybe - but probably not for 6 months to a year until they know more 26 16.67%
I'm not - but think my over 65 parent should (or someone else) 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:55 AM

690 posts, read 584,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
The vaccine rollout is just proof the gov can't handle running a healthcare system. Ill keep my private insurance, Biden and co can take there Medicare for all and shove it str8 up there candy gl(asses). We need less gov not more.
Bingo. These people that are for it, have they ever been to the DMV? The post office? You want your doctors visits to be like that? I hope this whole process resonates with some people. You just wait until you have to get on a waiting list for a mammogram, mri, etc. oh sorry, we're all booked up until May. Get in line!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2021, 07:58 AM

6,335 posts, read 2,889,808 times
I didn't answer this poll when it came out. I got a chance to get the vaccine last week and I took it. They give you a card to show you've had the vax. I'm thinking I might need that if they ever open the Canadian border. Vax was a breeze - no side effects. But since I already had covid I didn't expect any.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:50 AM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
My mom is getting her vaccine tomorrow. I will not say where but I will say my brother's friend owns a non-chain Pharmacy and he was able to get her in. He made a special exception otherwise she would have to wait until march/April somewhere else. I was told they are only giving what they have left of their vaccine supply tomorrow and then after that they do not know when they will get another shipment.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:06 PM

717 posts, read 618,927 times
Cuomo can't even figure out how to get a vaccine out in a timely manner. Then people want these dummies managing our entire health care system..
Scarey thought

Old 02-09-2021, 10:05 PM

297 posts, read 196,203 times
Vaccine for what? Flu?

Old 02-10-2021, 01:59 AM

106,565 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
I have been reading that one dose of Moderna vaccine is 80 % effective and that one dose of the Pfizer vaccine is 52 percent effective.

Does this mean that one dose of these vaccines reduces the risk of getting COVID to 20% or 48% respectively, or does that mean if you get infected, the severity of the case is reduced by 80% or 52% ?
I tried to read up on the answer, no luck .
You can’t compare the numbers because they use different criteria and mean different things .

As an example Johnson and Johnson is likely the best of the lot ..not only one shot but it performed the best in keeping one out of the hospital and from death ..which is after all the name of the game ..it was trial tested in Africa as one of the locations and included the variants .

It has been the better choice for reducing the seriousness of getting it .

So while on the surface the media made it look the least effective it actually is the best in many opinions.

One of the best sources to learn is zdogg ..he has the greatest minds on the subject on his shows and this has become my one source for learning tha facts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNn1...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-10-2021 at 02:13 AM..

Old 02-10-2021, 07:23 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Citifield opened there doors yesterday to vaccinate people 24/7. Only one small hitch. They are only getting 200 doses a day!!!

Ya, can't make this up. They had to pay to shovel out a subway station, just turning opening the gates costs money and all for 200 per day because the city is running it as opposed to the state at Yankee Stadium. Now I am not giving the distribution anywhere great marks, this is yet another DiBlobio screwup.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/yankee...-field-report/

Old 02-10-2021, 07:26 AM

106,565 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Citifield opened there doors yesterday to vaccinate people 24/7. Only one small hitch. They are only getting 200 doses a day!!!

Ya, can't make this up. They had to pay to shovel out a subway station, just turning opening the gates costs money and all for 200 per day because the city is running it as opposed to the state at Yankee Stadium. Now I am not giving the distribution anywhere great marks, this is yet another DiBlobio screwup.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/yankee...-field-report/
Just stupid what they did by opening citi for two hundred people

Old 02-10-2021, 07:27 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Cuomo can't even figure out how to get a vaccine out in a timely manner. Then people want these dummies managing our entire health care system..
Scarey thought
1. Scary
2. Not enough vaccine for anyone to "get out."
3. Govt fails because partisan obstructionists make it fail, then say "see govt don't work." Derp. Seems to work fine when we want it to rubber stamp wars and rain corporate welfare or trickle up money to the chosen ones. Incredibly effective.

Old 02-10-2021, 07:44 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,537,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
The vaccine rollout is just proof the gov can't handle running a healthcare system. Ill keep my private insurance, Biden and co can take there Medicare for all and shove it str8 up there candy gl(asses). We need less gov not more.

+1000%

I already have an early retirement plan set in place when Biden socializes healthcare now that D's control everything. I'm not looking forward to becoming a government postal worker. I'll leave that to that young doctors who were indoctrinated by their liberal teachers to be widgets for the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island