Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you getting the covid vacination?
Absolutely- as soon as I can 95 60.90%
Nope - I don't trust it 30 19.23%
Maybe - but probably not for 6 months to a year until they know more 26 16.67%
I'm not - but think my over 65 parent should (or someone else) 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 02:09 PM

297 posts, read 196,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Good luck with that ....I got a great immune system but that did not stop me from being hospitalized for weeks with covid .

In fact a good immune system can create a lot of damage a lot of times ..most of my respiratory inflammation was the result of my own immune system trying to pound the invader...
If you ended up in the hospital, then maybe your immune system isn't great. If my immune system isn't great, then I too will be in the hospital once covid strikes...

The key to a great immune system is to never visit the doctor. My father never had health insurance for my family. Great granpda went to the doctor only once in his 92 year span. Here I am, it's been 15+ years since a doctors visit. Last time I went was when I was a little kid and the doctor turned red after he saw the missing vaccines schedule.

Flu? Vommit. Throw up. No tablets. Sit there and tank it for a week till face loses color. Do that for 20+ years and you will be Covid-proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2021, 02:25 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Polio! Those words struck fear before the Salk vaccine. I remember being a child before the Salk vaccine. Summer was panic time. No swimming. No playing outside. Then we had the Salk vaccine. Summer was glorious. Swimming. Running around. Fun.

And the disease that was frightening and caused so much grief was gone. Because of a vaccine.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:15 PM

106,724 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
If you ended up in the hospital, then maybe your immune system isn't great. If my immune system isn't great, then I too will be in the hospital once covid strikes...

The key to a great immune system is to never visit the doctor. My father never had health insurance for my family. Great granpda went to the doctor only once in his 92 year span. Here I am, it's been 15+ years since a doctors visit. Last time I went was when I was a little kid and the doctor turned red after he saw the missing vaccines schedule.

Flu? Vommit. Throw up. No tablets. Sit there and tank it for a week till face loses color. Do that for 20+ years and you will be Covid-proof.
Wrong ..it all depends on the volume sample of the virus you catch and how readily they attach to the cells ...you can have a great immune system but it is not primed and ready without the vaccine to deal with these invaders day one .

It is a protein and dna that our bodies do not know how to react to initially no matter how good your system is

each of us have different levels of covid and different responses.

Good luck is all I can say ...if you had a decent case of it your view would be very different.

I can see already that the discussion is not going to be based on science but on one believing their own bull sh%t

Old 02-12-2021, 04:25 PM

297 posts, read 196,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Wrong ..it all depends on the volume sample of the virus you catch and how readily they attach to the cells ...you can have a great immune system but it is not primed and ready without the vaccine to deal with these invaders day one .

It is a protein and dna that our bodies do not know how to react to initially no matter how good your system is

each of us have different levels of covid and different responses.

Good luck is all I can say ...if you had a decent case of it your view would be very different.

I can see already that the discussion is not going to be based on science but on one believing their own bull sh%t
I walk aroudn home depot with no mask touch everything from left to right and never wash hands. You can laugh all you want but i got immune system made outa diamonds.

I enjoy an extra 2500 on my paycheck per month from not having health insurance.

America #1 everyone is king.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Please don't encourage her. Those who know her will know what I am talking about
Got it ! Conversation over

Old 02-13-2021, 05:18 AM

The number one criteria as to who gets it and whether they are asymptomatic or not is your exposure to what concentration of virus ...

There are other factors that relate to some immunity from vaccines for other things as well as genetics play a big part as some of us just have less ac2 receptors for the virus to grab hold of .

Here is my expert I trust and what he thinks
.zdogg and his experts are my source for learning

https://youtu.be/RSsiCth7iUY

Old 02-13-2021, 05:25 AM

45 posts, read 18,530 times
Sorry,

Find another Guinea Pig.

Old 02-13-2021, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made In Italy View Post
Sorry,

Find another Guinea Pig.
7 million doses given says no one is a guinea pig anymore. ,typically after 3,000,000 doses testing trials are over and satisfied.

All side effects mimicking covid are supposed to happen as they kick your body in to defensive mode . Some may just feel the effects more than others for a number of reasons .but in all cases it is non replicating.

Having had a bad case of covid I can tell you I would take those vaccine symptoms any day over what I had

Last edited by mathjak107; 02-13-2021 at 05:45 AM..

Old 02-13-2021, 05:51 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,410,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Polio! Those words struck fear before the Salk vaccine. I remember being a child before the Salk vaccine. Summer was panic time. No swimming. No playing outside. Then we had the Salk vaccine. Summer was glorious. Swimming. Running around. Fun.

And the disease that was frightening and caused so much grief was gone. Because of a vaccine.
The difference is people were smart back then. Everyone today is an expert, because of social media. Vaccines are BAD!

Old 02-13-2021, 11:11 AM

20,062 posts, read 20,877,739 times
The government loves us. They want to protect us. They care.
They would NEVER do anything to hurt us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island